• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just occurred to me that I've never watched a town hall. I've always just gotten the notes.

What should we expect from this kind of debate? Both in terms of format and the kind of questions we can expect. What is the role of the dual moderators?

To be fair, the economy could be BOOMING, but that doesn't mean every industry and every demographic would see rising incomes and falling unemployment rates.
I actually don't believe that's possible with half the economic world around us still struggling because of bad decisions but someone else more informed than me can speak to this. It's just hard to not be satisfied with having a robust recovery compared to almost all of Europe.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Trump: Entire debate was a "rigged deal"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qoTuhY18z8

Still completely fails to internalize his defeat, and thus is incapable of coming up with a strategy to win the next debate. What an idiot (but we already know that).

I'm pretty sure his campaign people are like "whatever dude, do what you want" while surfing Indeed for their next gig.
Yep, dude's preparing to drop out of the 3rd debate.

How do you bow out of a debate hosted by a Fox News host? Even though Wallace is on the level, you're still basically saying that Fox News is part of the problem too?

Only way that makes sense if we're getting the Trump Media network after he loses.

teiresias

Still completely fails to internalize his defeat, and thus is incapable of coming up with a strategy to win the next debate. What an idiot (but we already know that).

I'm pretty sure his campaign people are like "whatever dude, do what you want" while surfing Indeed for their next gig.

Kellyanne's proven her place in the GOP political machine and can bow out now being ahead. I think if the campaign kicked her she wouldn't feel too bad about it.

It's "rigged" but still insists he won.

I swear, the kind of delusional mind it must take to hold these kinds of things in your brain must be astounding.

Loudninja

This has to be the worst week he ever had and that's saying something.

Which is really bad since early voting started in some sates and its about to be October.

jtb

Banned
do people here think that Gary Johnson will crack 5% this year? I'm pretty skeptical... I think being suffocated of any visibility + general apocalyptic nature of election will really cause his numbers to collapse towards election day but I guess it's a pretty guilt-free vote.

Piecake

Jill Stein is coming to Oxford for a town forum. Really tempted to ask her some questions. Hit me with some of that good conspiracy shit...

As President, how would you deal with Russia's increasing use of military force and China's bellicose rhetoric and bullying tactics against their neighbors?

I don't think this story has that kind of legs

Thats why you make it have legs with the slow drip.

Plus, Trump won't talk and tweet about it if when Newsweek posts this material again in a week? He totally would

do people here think that Gary Johnson will crack 5% this year? I'm pretty skeptical... I think being suffocated of any visibility + general apocalyptic nature of election will really cause his numbers to collapse towards election day but I guess it's a pretty guilt-free vote.

I think he gets about 3% nationally, and Stein 1%

What should we expect from this kind of debate? Both in terms of format and the kind of questions we can expect. What is the role of the dual moderators?

The questions are generally very personalized to the person asking them, so there's a big emphasis on visual and gestural empathy and addressing the exact question answered. You can't just ignore what they have to say and run to one of your prepared lines of attack/remarks. You have to be able to respond to the question and then move into your desired line of attack/remarks naturally from your response.

It's harder than the previous format and has all kinds of challenges that the first format had. It's also VERY different than Hannity's town halls or a town hall campaign stop.

Fine. Bomb two debates horribly and then blow off the foreign policy one, an area where Trump is especially insane. I imagine Wallace would be tougher on Clinton with her as the only candidate, but frankly the effect of Trump skipping a general election debate on a topic that's most relevant to the job of the presidency... Clinton would rack up a double digit popular vote win. There's no way anyone beyond his utterly brain dead base would be able to take him seriously.

Soft Trump supporters move to third parties or just don't show, undecideds move to Clinton.

Cerium

This has to be the worst week he ever had and that's saying something.

Which is really bad since early voting started in some sates and its about to be October.

Post-DNC Khan family debacle was probably the worst week he ever had, but this is up there, and as you say it's perfect timing too.

mackaveli

The questions are generally very personalized to the person asking them, so there's a big emphasis on visual and gestural empathy and addressing the exact question answered. You can't just ignore what they have to say and run to one of your prepared lines of attack/remarks. You have to be able to respond to the question and then move into your desired line of attack/remarks naturally from your response.

It's harder than the previous format and has all kinds of challenges that the first format had. It's also VERY different than Hannity's town halls or a town hall campaign stop.

That's why its hilarious if Trump actually prepares for this debate because it looks like all the debate prep talk is to attack Clinton on certain issues. I don't know how that will help i in a town hall setting. Seems like Trump will go down in flames and potentially Chris Christie will be used for debate prep haha. Christie will probably talk Trump to just start yelling and attacking Clinton which wont help at all.

SmokeMaxX

I actually don't believe that's possible with half the economic world around us still struggling because of bad decisions but someone else more informed than me can speak to this. It's just hard to not be satisfied with having a robust recovery compared to almost all of Europe.
Most people are inherently selfish. As technology progresses, a lot of jobs become defunct. Hell, the oil industry is getting slammed right now due to OPEC and the push for clean, renewable energy. It's easy to see why someone who went from making six figures to struggling-to-survive would be mad at a person or party that they feel is responsible for their plight.

Watching CNN today it seems like every anchor have thier claws out for Trump, yes, even wolf Blitzer. It really does seem like Monday's debate was a turning point for a lot of people.

Kellyanne's proven her place in the GOP political machine and can bow out now being ahead. I think if the campaign kicked her she wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Restating my prediction of Trump becoming prime Trump at the town hall and losing bigly, then not showing up for the third debate.

In a completely ludicrous move, there is a college that is threatening to boycott a sporting event unless it is moved back to North Carolina.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article104943971.html

The NAIA recently announced that they were taking a cross country championship out of North Carolina due to HB2. College of the Ozarks, based in Missouri, now says that if they qualify, they will not attend

"“It’s not the business of the NAIA to tell the citizens of North Carolina how to regulate their bathrooms, nor should athletes be political pawns" - School President Jerry Davis.

Joeytj

Banned
Hillary just responded to questions from reporters about the Trump-Cuba story:

He puts his personal and business interest ahead of the laws, values and policy of the United States

That's a good line. It literally could be a response to most of his business dealings and his tax evasion. It ties it directly to his answers during the debate also.

gaugebozo

Watching CNN today it seems like every anchor has thier claws out for Trump, yes, even wolf Blitzer. It really does seem like Monday's debate was a turning point for a lot of people.
The CNN.com front-page has been brutal.

"Trump supporter attacks CNN reporter"
"Trump criticized allows for admitting he lost"
"Trump: Raise your hand if you're not a Christian conservative"
Etc.

How is the Nate Snake looking?

post-23071-I-was-in-the-pool-gif-George-C-RtxV.gif

@mviser
Hillary Clinton is answering questions right now from a group of reporters.

It’s been 63 days since Donald Trump did the same.

Piecake

In a completely ludicrous move, there is a college that is threatening to boycott a sporting event unless it is moved back to North Carolina.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article104943971.html

The NAIA recently announced that they were taking a cross country championship out of North Carolina due to HB2. College of the Ozarks, based in Missouri, now says that if they qualify, they will not attend

"“It’s not the business of the NAIA to tell the citizens of North Carolina how to regulate their bathrooms, nor should athletes be political pawns" - School President Jerry Davis.

Pretty sure he is using the athletes as political pawns in a political fight by taking this stand.

Who do we think the worst major 3rd party presidential candidate from the past 10 years?

We have Stein, Johnson, Barr, and McKinney. I mean, part of me wants to give it to McKinney because she's batshit and also anti-Semitic, but she was also a member of Congress for over 10 years and was a decent recruit versus Stein, who is like, who?

Who do we think the worst major 3rd party presidential candidate from the past 10 years?

We have Stein, Johnson, Barr, and McKinney. I mean, part of me wants to give it to McKinney because she's batshit and also anti-Semitic, but she was also a member of Congress for over 10 years and was a decent recruit versus Stein, who is like, who?
Hey man, Stein is a doctor. And an officeholder.

Town meeting representative represent!

mo60

Stein is the worst third party candidate from what I have seen. I don't know enough about Barr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom