• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny956

In a completely ludicrous move, there is a college that is threatening to boycott a sporting event unless it is moved back to North Carolina.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article104943971.html

The NAIA recently announced that they were taking a cross country championship out of North Carolina due to HB2. College of the Ozarks, based in Missouri, now says that if they qualify, they will not attend

"“It’s not the business of the NAIA to tell the citizens of North Carolina how to regulate their bathrooms, nor should athletes be political pawns" - School President Jerry Davis.

Of course it had to be Missouri. So if he boycotts the event wouldn't that make the athletes political pawns?

HylianTom

Banned
What are they talking about?

Todd and a Trump surrogate were discussing whether the rumors of inner campaign turmoil were credible. He produced a litany of anonymous quotes given from campaign insiders to varying mainstream news outlets, and the surrogate denied them all.

They also discussed who "won" the debate, and the guy stuck to the "he won online polling" narrative, even though Todd called him out (damn near ridiculing him) on the accuracy of that method of polling.

At the end of the interview, Todd goes (I'm paraphrasing), "I''d better end this here." Almost seemed like he was ending it out of pity for the guy. The surrogate's appearance was an embarrassment.

Edit:
Here's a tweeted video of a portion of the segment. Ouch.
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/781606472450994176

kess

In a completely ludicrous move, there is a college that is threatening to boycott a sporting event unless it is moved back to North Carolina.

The NAIA recently announced that they were taking a cross country championship out of North Carolina due to HB2. College of the Ozarks, based in Missouri, now says that if they qualify, they will not attend

"“It’s not the business of the NAIA to tell the citizens of North Carolina how to regulate their bathrooms, nor should athletes be political pawns" - School President Jerry Davis.

College of the Ozarks, you say?

pic3t.png

220px-Collegeofozarks-seal.png

Nice falangist creed there

Todd and a Trump surrogate were discussing whether the rumors of inner campaign turmoil were credible. He produced a litany of anonymous quotes given from campaign insiders to varying mainstream news outlets, and the surrogate denied them all.

They also discussed who "won" the debate, and the guy stuck to the "he won online polling" narrative, even though Todd called him out (damn near ridiculing him) on the accuracy of that method of polling.

At the end of the interview, Todd goes (I'm paraphrasing), "I''d better end this here." Almost seemed like he was ending it out of pity for the guy. The surrogate's appearance was an embarrassment.
To be fair, the candidate is like. Really bad. I don't know how you could be an effective Trump surrogate.

To be fair, the candidate is like. Really bad. I don't know how you could be an effective Trump surrogate.

This is what makes Kellyanne Conway so ridiculous.Thank goodness she's having to do this for Trump and not Ted Cruz.

Gov. Gary JohnsonVerified account
‏@GovGaryJohnson
It's been almost 24 hours...and I still can't come up with a foreign leader I look up to.

Clown fiesta

This entire election cycle was summed up brilliantly before it ever got going.

I forget the exact quote, but the one about how you can see all of Trump's insecurities from how he criticizes and attacks other people.

That has been so spectacularly true. So fundamentally true. Time and time again. I mean, if it isn't a diagnosable disorder yet, I propose we make it one and call it Trump syndrome.

Edit:

It's going to get even funnier when the post debate bounce is firmly underlined.

Revolver

Edit:

My favorite response to the tweeted video: "And in Room 101, Winston Smith learned that 2+2 = 5, that Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia..."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still feel like Trump's "you haven't accomplished anything" rib is the stupidest claim he made, particularly given how obviously proud he is of it (e.g. he plans to return to the well).

Like, its ridiculously easy for her to counter that by putting a few seconds of thought into it.

Orange Menace and his campaign are trying the "rigged" narrative.

Polls, moderator, press, everything is RIGGED.

This is going to get nasty.

Me: Look, you cannot cuss or be ridiculous when you call people for Hillary.
My mom: Fuck you, I'll do what I want.
Me: You really, really, really can't.
My mom: Look, if they won't vote for her, I don't have to be nice.
Me: YES YOU DO.
My mom: Well, that's your opinion. If they're too stupid to vote for her over the orange prick, I can't be held responsible for what I say.

: me drinking all the alcohol :

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm... not even worried at all for the Town-hall debate this time, lol.

Edit:

Poor Adam :(

Grexeno

Me: Look, you cannot cuss or be ridiculous when you call people for Hillary.
My mom: Fuck you, I'll do what I want.
Me: You really, really, really can't.
My mom: Look, if they won't vote for her, I don't have to be nice.
Me: YES YOU DO.
My mom: Well, that's your opinion. If they're too stupid to vote for her over the orange prick, I can't be held responsible for what I say.

: me drinking all the alcohol :
She's right, you know.

Trying to think of Trump's "All Star Team" ends up just looking like the Legion of Doom.

Corrupt governor of New Jersey, Christie
Former mayor of New York and washed up hack, Giuliani
Sexist piece of garbage former speaker, Newt
Errr??? Rush Limbaugh I guess?

Aren't most of the colleges in the NAIA division religious? I played for an NAIA school and every college in our league was religious. I'm more shocked the NAIA took that stance

What if we find out that the true mastermind behind Trump is none other then Tiffany?
And I said, "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?" She said, "I think I remember the film, and as I recall I think we both kinda liked it." And I said, "Well that's, the one thing we've got."

I wonder if Baron and Tiffany can change their last names and live out the rest of their lives without them being completely ruined by their racist, fascist father's reputation.

It's going to be quite awhile, if ever, where the Trump brand won't be completely tainted.

I feel like Stein is also squandering a really good opportunity that McKinney didn't have.

That's basically my thinking. This should be a relatively strong cycle for the Green Party, but Stein is getting no traction at all. Quite frankly, from reading her comments throughout this cycle, it's not hard to see why. There's this air of desperation about her like she's trying the standard Green playbook, but can't even do that right. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here.

Boke1879

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/781610757645414400

Clinton throws shade at Johnson with the press on the plane. Damn, she is feeling loose and good.

Also:

That's the look of a woman who isn't worried right now. Like you said she's feeling good. This is how it needs to be from now until election day. Trump has retreated back to his safe spaces on Fox news. It's been 2 months since he's given a presser. She's out there talking about the issues and getting people to vote early.

Trump is too busy talking about how he won the debate referencing polls and trying to dig up the past again.

I wonder if Baron and Tiffany can change their last names and live out the rest of their lives without them being completely ruined by their racist, fascist father's reputation.

It's going to be quite awhile, if ever, where the Trump brand won't be completely tainted.
I think Tiffany and Ivanka turned out okayish. It's fine to be a conservative. Ivanka did push for her childcare thing, which was good. They're just in a shitty position of having to defend their racist, xenophobe dad and still have a say in Trump companies.

The boys however. Yeah lost cause.

Vestal

Trying to think of Trump's "All Star Team" ends up just looking like the Legion of Doom.

Corrupt governor of New Jersey, Christie
Former mayor of New York and washed up hack, Giuliani
Sexist piece of garbage former speaker, Newt
Errr??? Rush Limbaugh I guess?

"Will someone please call SEAN HANNITY!?!?! Someone? Anyone?? Call him.. Call Sean Hannity"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom