• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maine ballot requests:

Ctjh_O3WIAQTiLL.jpg:large

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
David Fahrenthold ‏@Fahrenthold 4m4 minutes ago
Got a little more news about @realDonaldTrump's Foundation, coming later tonight....

Bring it on.

mo60

That actually doesn't look very good if you look year to year.

It looks okay, but not amazing. Dems are down around 1000 in CD2 compared to 12, slightly down statewide and up a bit in CD1. Republicans are up a bit statewide, CD1 and in CD2. Libertarians are up significantly, greens are down and UA is down.

Effect

He's gonna go full Monica. I expect a circus.

Oh wow I just pictured that in a town hall setting. The optics. Unf.

I think there is a very good possibility that the audience itself might very well be turned off by that and call foul vocally. Especially since he's floating it now. People will have time to think about it and won't be surprised by it. It would be very interesting to see Trump's response if that were to happen. Him going in that direction is something I see and he thinks it's a winning play. I don't believe at all he is capable of understanding just how risky that is and how possible he can end up on the wrong end of it almost instantly.

Dopey Gallup!

Clinton's Victory on the Larger Side for Modern Debates

PRINCETON, N.J. -- By 61% to 27%, Americans who tuned in to Monday night's presidential debate believe Hillary Clinton, rather than Donald Trump, did the better job. Her 34-percentage-point lead is among the more robust victories presidential candidates have earned in Gallup's post-debate polls stretching back to 1960, on par with Bill Clinton's debate wins over Bob Dole in 1996. However, as the record shows, the winner of the first debate does not necessarily win the next debate, or the election.

Teggy

Are you unaware of all the nasty things Trump said about Merkel during the primary?

This is what I meant - he has previously called Hillary "America's Merkel" and the person who is ruining Germany. Now apparently she's a great leader, immigration aside.

pigeon

Banned
Hillary did to

Merkel is a woman who has a strong argument for being the most important person in the world. Obvious pick for Hillary.

Trump hates Merkel's immigration plans and generally doesn't agree with her politically, so not clear why he'd prefer her.

But the real standout is Weld ALSO saying Merkel, probably the worst example of a world leader for libertarians that you could come up with.

SexyFish

Banned
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...-editorial-board-editorials-debates/91295020/

In the 34-year history of USA TODAY, the Editorial Board has never taken sides in the presidential race. Instead, we’ve expressed opinions about the major issues and haven’t presumed to tell our readers, who have a variety of priorities and values, which choice is best for them. Because every presidential race is different, we revisit our no-endorsement policy every four years. We’ve never seen reason to alter our approach. Until now.

This year, the choice isn’t between two capable major party nominees who happen to have significant ideological differences. This year, one of the candidates — Republican nominee Donald Trump — is, by unanimous consensus of the Editorial Board, unfit for the presidency.

Edit: Not the only person watching Hardball.

Piecake

Trump admires Merkel and called Clinton the American Merkel. He must think that Clinton would be one of the best leaders in the world and that we should vote for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom