• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver

Hillary knows this. I think this probably weirdly made her more appealing.

She was never going to be the virtuous Khans, but the attacks even if a little bit accurate which forces them to use the attacks but comes off as gutter trashing of her which people don't like. Add that to the gendered attacks and the hispanic angle.

She's not golden girl but the attack hurts trump anyways

He needs to just let the whole thing go. This situation can tie back to the beginnings of the Rosie O'Donnell feud. The Miss Universe winner that year got into his bad graces for partying and he threatened to take her crown away until he made a big deal of publicly forgiving her and saying she deserved a second chance. That's when Rosie went off on him for making a big showy display of his supposed kind benevolence.

Boke1879

Other than the day they lose, has there ever been a day as bad as today for a presidential nominee campaign ever? I'm legitimately asking.

This week hasn't been great for Trump, Tomorrow Clinton caps off this week in Florida spreading her messaging being visible. While Trump is talking about all sort of other shit.

It's why I can't wait to see polls next week. All of this should be factored in.

Btw did I see Hillary will be in Ohio on Monday?

This week hasn't been great for Trump, Tomorrow Clinton caps off this week in Florida spreading her messaging being visible. While Trump is talking about all sort of other shit.

It's why I can't wait to see polls next week. All of this should be factored in.

Btw did I see Hillary will be in Ohio on Monday?

Yes, she'll be in Ohio on the 1st.

Reading that failing NYTimes piece on Clinton struggling with young people makes me want to strangle something. Christ, I feel like you could summarize their arguments as basically "my candidate lost, so the system doesn't work for me." The candidate that "represented" them lost in a fair election.

Other than the day they lose, has there ever been a day as bad as today for a presidential nominee campaign ever? I'm legitimately asking.

I'm not sure, and I'm also not sure if this week was worse for Trump than the Khan/Post DNC week or not.

I think it actually is worse than Khan week, not because I think it'll move the polls as much (it still might), but because he completely fell apart are probably the most crucial moment in the race, during the most watched debate, ever, and basically invalidated himself to millions of people.

Where's the outrage?

The role reversal is hilarious. Hillary is owning the media, giving interviews, conferences, having rallies, and Trump is nowhere to be seen, while his campaign puts out fires he started and continues to start

It's like the direct opposite of August/Early September

User1608

Banned
So on AC 360, I'm seeing Trump is saying via headline that his marital history is different from Bill's and that he's not worried about it.

Reading that failing NYTimes piece on Clinton struggling with young people makes me want to strangle something. Christ, I feel like you could summarize their arguments as basically "my candidate lost, so the system doesn't work for me." The candidate that "represented" them lost in a fair election.

I actually think this is correct:

@Nate_Cohn
Observation from FB: milennials care a lot about performance of indv. authenticity. Clinton doesn't meet it; protest vting affirms their own

If this was posted I missed it; from Sam Wang on how the polling is less volatile than in the last three elections (though you wouldn't think so from Five Thirty Eight).

This would be expected as the nation becomes more polarized IMO.

sbLcdIY.jpg

So on AC 360, I'm seeing Trump is saying via headline that his marital history is different from Bill's and that he's not worried about it.

I mean he's not wrong.

I'm not defending any form of cheating, but with Bill it (they?) was clearly a mistake. Certainly a mistake he's possibly made multiple times, but I doubt he would ever want to move on from Hillary. He just liked having sex too much.

Trump's marriages fell apart by design. In every instance he traded his old model in for a new one. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he divorces Melania in the next five years (in addition to going bankrupt as Mark Cuban speculated).

In some part of Bill's brain, he knows that cheating is wrong. Trump doesn't see anything wrong with it as long as he's the one doing it.

Btw - I find cheating morally reprehensible yet not a primary concern in my politicians. But if Trump wants to start it...

If this was posted I missed it; from Sam Wang on how the polling is less volatile than in the last three elections (though you wouldn't think so from Five Thirty Eight).

Wang has been on this point for months, mostly to mock Silver and his model.

iammeiam

Keepin' it 1600 had a guy from 538 as their guest today to explain to everyone why polling was abnormally volatile this election. excellent timing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Voting as self-affirmation, not as a choice of policy or leadership.

Its all about ME
It's the millennial way!

That idea nicely ties in with that awful poll showing only 51% of millennials believe this election is very important. "Meh, I'll be okay. What's really important is how I express myself and curate my persona on social media."

I'm technically a millennial.

This is a great point, but I guarantee there would be no talk of "the 2-party system is broken!" had Sanders won the primary. People trying to get all intellectual and above-it-all when they're really just sore losers.
Someone on my fb feed made a comment about how great it would be if the election became a four-way between Clinton, Sanders, Trump and Cruz because then we'd have "a real choice."

Like bullshit, you're just mad you don't get to vote for your hero. Having two Republicans and two Democrats instead of just one each? Wowie mama, so many options.

User1608

Banned
Trump knows his deplorables don't care about his marital history and that Hillary probably won't counter attack there.
At least it won't help his wide gap with women voters.
I mean he's not wrong.

I'm not defending any form of cheating, but with Bill it (they?) was clearly a mistake. Certainly a mistake he's possibly made multiple times, but I doubt he would ever want to move on from Hillary. He just liked having sex too much.

Trump's marriages fell apart by design. In every instance he traded his old model in for a new one. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he divorces Melania in the next five years (in addition to going bankrupt as Mark Cuban speculated).

In some part of Bill's brain, he knows that cheating is wrong. Trump doesn't see anything wrong with it as long as he's the one doing it.
I agree with everything you have said. As I have said to owzers, he's not helping himself which is a good thing. I guess I'm just constantly surprised he is so absolutely shameless. And I know I shouldn't be given who he is and his history. I'm really disgusted this election is being reduced to gutter politics and tabloid level crap.

Boke1879

At least it won't help his wide gap with women voters.

I agree with everything you have said. As I have said to owzers, he's not helping himself which is a good thing. I guess I'm just constantly surprised he is so absolutely shameless. And I know I shouldn't be given who he is and his history. I'm really disgusted this election is being reduced to gutter politics and tabloid level crap.

It's amazing how a lot of us actively discuss how to fix Trump if he just learned to let shit go.

User1608

Banned
Ana Navarro delivering a sermon on 360. "Hell hath no fury like a Latina called fat".
She's great! Really have a lot of respect for her. And I think Kayleigh has given up considering even she admitted that Trump took the bait during the debate and whatnot. Not a very strong defense of her guy.

Boke1879

Ctj8oXoXgAAwY0w.jpg

lol this campaign newt saying its bad to attack clinton for his affairs. NEWT!

For as scummy as Newt is. Even he knows this isn't the way to go. Simply because Clinton would rise above it. While Trump would look like an idiot for trying to attack a woman for her husbands issues.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For as scummy as Newt is. Even he knows this isn't the way to go. Simply because Clinton would rise above it. While Trump would look like an idiot for trying to attack a woman for her husbands issues.

Plus it didn't exactly work for Newt back then either.

I think it actually is worse than Khan week, not because I think it'll move the polls as much (it still might), but because he completely fell apart are probably the most crucial moment in the race, during the most watched debate, ever, and basically invalidated himself to millions of people.

The lateness of it makes this week worse, but just in volume there was so much stuff today. Count it:

1. Continuing fallout from the debate, including your advisors leaking all sorts of shit.
  2. Also fallout from the Alicia Machado comments
  3. Machado is prompting other women to come out and say he wanted to fire ugly women.
  4. He makes the (probably fatal) decision to get into the gutter with the Bill Clinton stuff.
  5. The Castro Connection
  6. The USA Today breaking 34 years of tradition and coming out against him.
  7. And more stuff on the foundation yet to come.
  8. Picking Merkel as favorite leader.

Did I miss anything?

gaugebozo

The lateness of it makes this week worse, but just in volume there was so much stuff today. Count it:

1. Continuing fallout from the debate, including your advisors leaking all sorts of shit.
  2. Also fallout from the Alicia Machado comments
  3. Machado is prompting other women to come out and say he wanted to fire ugly women.
  4. He makes the (probably fatal) decision to get into the gutter with the Bill Clinton stuff.
  5. The Castro Connection
  6. The USA Today breaking 34 years of tradition and coming out against him.
  7. And more stuff on the foundation yet to come.
  8. Picking Merkel as favorite leader.

Did I miss anything?
Front page of CNN right now:
"A great Leader, But? Trump Praises then Rips Merkel."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/29/politics/donald-trump-angela-merkel-praise-criticism/index.html

Edit: was that a stealth edit, or can I not read?

It's amazing how a lot of us actively discuss how to fix Trump if he just learned to let shit go.

A better candidate and a better campaign could have figured out how to explain away Monday night and just fight back. Admit he was sick. Say he'll be better prepared next time. Do something! Saying "I won the debate, everyone else is just bias" doesn't work.

The campaign actually had at least a semblance of running properly the last few weeks, and now it just seems to be in shambles. Nobody knows what to do, and Trump just keeps making it worse.

SexyFish

Banned
The new foundation bit is that they don't have the actual certification required to collect money for charity.
Fucking LOL

Donald Trump’s charitable foundation — which has been sustained for years by donors outside the Trump family — has never obtained the certification that New York requires before charities can solicit money from the public, according to the state attorney general’s office.

Under the laws in New York, where the Donald J. Trump Foundation is based, any charity that solicits more than $25,000 per year from the public must obtain a special kind of registration beforehand. Charities as large as Trump’s must also submit to a rigorous annual audit that asks — among other things — whether the charity spent any money for the personal benefit of its officers.

Trump is going to end up losing so much money in legal fines and weakened branding (already happening to his resort business) because he ran for president. If he had just stayed in the private sector nobody would have dug up all the fraudulent shit he's into.

It's delicious.

Boke1879

A better candidate and a better campaign could have figured out how to explain away Monday night and just fight back. Admit he was sick. Say he'll be better prepared next time. Do something! Saying "I won the debate, everyone else is just bias" doesn't work.

The campaign actually had at least a semblance of running properly the last few weeks, and now it just seems to be in shambles. Nobody knows what to do, and Trump just keeps making it worse.

It's amazing to me because they HAD to know this was going to happen right? Like they had to know he would lose the first debate. It's even more baffling they didn't have a plan for this contingency.

But part of me believes it was because he was thrown the fuck off the the Machado thing, and he just started saying shit and say how he won etc. Then went off on the Bill tangent.

Trump is going to end up losing so much money in legal fines and weakened branding (already happening to his resort business) because he ran for president. If he had just stayed in the private sector nobody would have dug up all the fraudulent shit he's into.

It's delicious.
Don't worry. Ailes is hard at work in laying the foundation of TrumpTV as we speak.

gaugebozo

It's delicious.
A large amount if the branding stuff happened last year. He was let go from his Macy's gig, and also the Apprentice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom