• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

This was the killer part for me:

In the most obvious example of a public solicitation, the Trump Foundation set up a website early this year to collect small-dollar donations that it promised to pass along to veterans. In all, the website said, the Trump Foundation took in $1.67 million through that site.

As long as it was one on one donations, I dunno if you could prove solicitation. A website targeting the public tho?

Maybe they could have used actual staff to point these things out.

johnsmith

remember me
Damn, that's a good line. Hillary should borrow it.

“He’s a billionaire who acts like a thousandaire,” said James J. Fishman, a professor at Pace University’s law school in White Plains, N.Y. He said Trump’s foundation seemed to have made errors, including the lack of proper registration, that were more common among very small family foundations.

“You wouldn’t expect somebody who’s supposed to be sophisticated, and brags about his business prowess, would run his foundation like this,” Fishman said.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Washington Post said:
He’s a billionaire who acts like a thousandaire,” said James J. Fishman, a professor at Pace University’s law school in White Plains, N.Y.

You know Trump is seething when he reads this.

Edit: Beaten

I will be frankly shocked if the "not a charity" can even register as a thing with anyone on any level. It's like freaking nothing at this point. We already know he uses the foundation for casual money laundering and he puts none of his own cash in there. Why this makes a blip where nothing else has really stuck?

Boke1879

I will be frankly shocked if the "not a charity" can even register as a thing with anyone on any level. It's like freaking nothing at this point. We already know he uses the foundation for casual money laundering and he puts none of his own cash in there. Why this makes a blip where nothing else has really stuck?

Because quite frankly. It still needs to be reported and I'm glad there are actual journalists still capable of doing their jobs.

SexyFish

Banned
From Maddow after Trump denied the Cuba story.

Kurt Eichenwald with those HOT SCOOPS

Kurt EichenwaldVerified account
‏@kurteichenwald
Trump now says his company never paid a consultant 2 go to Cuba and never discussed how to make the biz trip look humanitarian. He's a liar.
CtjZQRfVIAAWH1z.jpg

So russia's now laundering stuff through the freebeacon

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/u...olicy.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Her comments were contained in an audio recording of the fund-raiser that appeared on the website of The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative publication, which said it was gleaned from the hack of a campaign staff member. But it said nothing about who did the hacking.

A former Defense Department official present at the fund-raiser, Andrew C. Weber, who raised the question about nuclear modernization, verified the contents of the tape, but also suggested its release was part of the same hacking campaign that exposed D.N.C. emails.

Russia is now using Neo-cons to do their undermining, and the brave patriot frat bros are all too willing.

If Trump committed fraud in New York (which this may qualify as) then AG has way more power than that. Eliot Spitzer basically ended a hedge fund in the late-2000's.

He won't do it before the election

He might say he's investigating, he'd get raked for that.

Because quite frankly. It still needs to be reported and I'm glad there are actual journalists still capable of doing their jobs.
Not denying that it should be reported. Duh. Just don't want anyone to accidentally get their hopes up that this is the magic one that is going to break him or anything. Today's legit-big Cuba story has barely registered compared to other major scandals, to use as an example less than 24 hours old. But hey, I'd love to be wrong.
From Maddow after Trump denied the Cuba story.

Kurt Eichenwald with those HOT SCOOPS
Why'd they give Trump a one-day grace period before dropping the solid evidence?

Emarv

Watching Bernie Bros come around to Hillary and realize, yeah, they were being petty children has been fun.

I'll quote the ending so you don't have to read lots of paragraphs of a dude coming to terms with her record that he ignored for months.

I Wrote That I Despised Hillary Clinton. Today, I Want To Publicly Take It Back.

All this work, and what did Clinton get? She got an actual smug, young journalist named Isaac Saul writing about how I despised her, when I hardly knew the depth of her accomplishments, when I was clinging to the pipe dream of a Bernie Sanders presidency that may have never been in the cards, when my own father got ignored while he tried his best to talk some sense into me.

Secretary Clinton, I’m sorry. And I retract my previous position of hatred and angst towards you. You have made mistakes, some of them grave, and some of them unforgivable. Unfortunately, that comes with decades of life in the public eye, pressure and microphones in your face. But you have also accomplished far more in your life as a public servant than just about anyone that’s run for this office, and certainly far more than I ever will. When November rolls around, you’ll have my vote.

And you’ll get it enthusiastically.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/isaac...llary-clinton-i-take-it-back_b_12220124.html?

BSsBrolly

Banned
The stakes are high this election for House Republicans. Not only is the Supreme Court on the line but so is the excuse of the President refusing to cooperate. Clinton wins and the Government still doesn't function? Can't blame Obama anymore for lack of action.

johnsmith

remember me
Megyn Kelly still talking about Machado, and she's going to talk about the LA Times golf course story. Seems like she's loving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom