• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

atr0cious

A little brain twister: Bigly/big league is supposed to be big time. Which makes a lot of sense if you remember Biff Tanen is inspired by Trump.

These geniuses are blaming Obama for a bill he vetoed.

The Obama administration had been saying at least as far back in April that it would have just these consequences they're worried about now. There really is a Simpson's scene for everything.

Homer: What really burns me up is they didn't give us one word of warning.
Carl: What do you mean? They ran those TV commercials about it, and that big radio campaign.
Lenny: Don't forget the leaflets they dropped from the Space Shuttle, and the 2 weeks we all spent at area code camp.
Homer: Not a single word of warning.

royalan

a9Y02G.gif

Heeeeeeeeeey Sis!

Yaaaaaaaaaasssss GURL Yaaaaaaaaasssss!!!

These idiots.

The article

“I would like to think there’s a way we can fix so that our service members do not have legal problems overseas while still protecting the rights of the 9/11 victims,” Ryan told reporters Thursday, one day after his chamber voted 348-77 to override the veto.

Obama's Veto Message

Second, JASTA would upset longstanding international principles regarding sovereign immunity, putting in place rules that, if applied globally, could have serious implications for U.S. national interests. The United States has a larger international presence, by far, than any other country, and sovereign immunity principles protect our Nation and its Armed Forces, officials, and assistance professionals, from foreign court proceedings. These principles also protect U.S. Government assets from attempted seizure by private litigants abroad. Removing sovereign immunity in U.S. courts from foreign governments that are not designated as state sponsors of terrorism, based solely on allegations that such foreign governments' actions abroad had a connection to terrorism-related injuries on U.S. soil, threatens to undermine these longstanding principles that protect the United States, our forces, and our personnel.

They just wanted to attack Obama without maybe working with him. These people are cowardly

“What’s true in elementary school is true in the United States Congress,” Earnest told reporters Thursday. “Ignorance is not an excuse.”
lol

Trump is going to end up losing so much money in legal fines and weakened branding (already happening to his resort business) because he ran for president. If he had just stayed in the private sector nobody would have dug up all the fraudulent shit he's into.

It's delicious.

This is true. The guy's apparently been a pariah in business circles for years (I think Goldman Sachs actually used him as an example to new employees of a customer to refuse deals with), and now his brand will be associated with going crazy. At this point, I think his kids are getting worried that their own projects will be tanked by association if he keeps this up.

I will be frankly shocked if the "not a charity" can even register as a thing with anyone on any level. It's like freaking nothing at this point. We already know he uses the foundation for casual money laundering and he puts none of his own cash in there. Why this makes a blip where nothing else has really stuck?

It all depends on the narrative at the time. This steam of shit for Trump for the past 4 days has been brutal for him, and it's not letting up. If something bad for him happens tomorrow, then he'll have dominated the week's coverage with super negative headlines. The polling out of this is going to be very severe. It's shocking, but a lot of undecideds and leaners only knew Trump and Clinton by osmosis instead of direct experience. This week has been eye opening for a lot of people.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Not denying that it should be reported. Duh. Just don't want anyone to accidentally get their hopes up that this is the magic one that is going to break him or anything. Today's legit-big Cuba story has barely registered compared to other major scandals, to use as an example less than 24 hours old. But hey, I'd love to be wrong.Why'd they give Trump a one-day grace period before dropping the solid evidence?
To see if he would deny it. It's a given he will and the story gets huge when you can call him a liar.

Retro

"But Republicans said the White House didn’t make a forceful case, putting themselves in the awkward position of blaming the president for a bill they enacted into law over Obama’s veto."

.... was he supposed to take the bill to the White House lawn, light it on fire and piss on the ashes? How much forceful of a case is there to be made, in any less simple terms, than his signature and a giant fucking "VETO" stamp?

Edit: I see I am not the only one.

Lol, Howard Stern comes out and says Trump backed the Iraq war in 2002
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Howard Stern confirmed Wednesday that Donald Trump expressed support for the Iraq War on his radio show in 2002 -- a claim Trump has denied despite a show recording of him offering at least measured backing.

The shock jock -- whose interview was referenced during Monday night's presidential debate -- told his listeners that Trump was "kinda for the Iraq War" and "us going into Iraq."

The interview was brought up because Trump "was saying he wasn't really for it, so they were forced to mention my name," Stern said.

Stern added that it was "kind of thrilling" to be mentioned at a presidential debate. His remarks were first reported by BuzzFeed Thursday.

A message left with Trump's campaign Thursday night seeking response to Stern's comments was not immediately returned.

gaugebozo

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm a Stern fan so knowing that Trump's appearances on the show have ended up haunting him brings a tear to my eye.

I need to go back and listen to Trump's fight with AJ Benza lol

I really think the Trump eugenics story is the thing that can take him down, but it's very hard to pin down despite Trump's comments about genes and shit. And I doubt any reporter wants to dig there when there is a goldmine in Trump's treatment of his employees, foundation stories, covering his rallies etc.

The more I think about it, the more everything about Donald and his bizarre hyper masculine statements make sense.

Makai

I really think the Trump eugenics story is the thing that can take him down, but it's very hard to pin down despite Trump's comments about genes and shit. And I doubt any reporter wants to dig there when there is a goldmine in Trump's treatment of his employees, foundation stories, covering his rallies etc.

The more I think about it, the more everything about Donald and his bizarre hyper masculine statements make sense.
What eugenics story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom