• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
At this point, I have no respect for any of these people. If they had any dignity they should quit their damn jobs now.

One of them, who looked like she was barely south of 100 pounds, was going on about how "eating machine" was some sort of playful comment in the "lol sometimes I'm a total eating machine" sense. Just the reactions alone of the other women on the panel kinda said it all...

Hopefully she'll do well and be popular. Worse comes to Worst, hopefully she'll have installed 2-3 new Supreme Court justices by then.

Yeah, what reason do we have to think she'll have 'lost' her shine. I mean, right now... what shine? She'll more than likely be more popular this time in four years than she is right now.

Ecotic

So what are dems going to do to keep the white house in 2020 when the gop runs a non-loon that looks 400x better than Trump and Hillary loses her shine?
Hillary will have the incumbency advantage and 4 more years of even better demographic changes to help her out.

If her approval is in the high 30's in early 2019 though as a result of divided government having let her achieve nothing, then I hope she'll step aside and let someone like Warren win the primaries and stand a good chance.

I'd love to see an ad get put together of a bunch of Nader supporters in 2000 talking about how voting for Gore was playing into the evil system and them now talking about their regret and voting for Clinton.

Debirudog

One of them, who looked like she was barely south of 100 pounds, was going on about how "eating machine" was some sort of playful comment in the "lol sometimes I'm a total eating machine" sense. Just the reactions alone of the other women on the panel kinda said it all...

lol Angela always make visible faces that practically spell out, "This girl can't be real..."

Ctn6w9hWgAA1nim.jpg
That last dip from 538 looks especially dumb now.

Why not? If she doesn't run in 2020 I bet she does in 2024.

I could see Carly Fiorina trying again. Cruz of course, how far he makes it in 2020 is up in the air right now. Rubio I'm sure will try but he doesn't stand a chance.

She took the Stars and Bars down. Might as well be a damn Yankee. (But for real, that flag thing would sink her in a primary).

Well, just got a new job. It's not the job I wanted, that one is still going through the process, but it's a step up to what I have right now. I just sent the authorization to perform a background check and I'm starting when it's complete. Should take a week.

Congrats

tumblr_inline_mlmo7ppU0h1qz4rgp.gif

Ithil

So what are dems going to do to keep the white house in 2020 when the gop runs a non-loon that looks 400x better than Trump and Hillary loses her shine?

Is this other person going to be a major celebrity that has been on TV reality shows and a major figure in the news for decades?
It's not like Trump is some random rich businessman, he's been in the public eye of the US since the 1980s and was especially famous in the last decade from The Apprentice.

Syncytia

She took the Stars and Bars down. Might as well be a damn Yankee. (But for real, that flag thing would sink her in a primary).

Maybe for Republicans in the south. Depending on how well she does and her primary opponents she could overcome it I think. If the GOP actually accepts the fact that they need to not focus on some of their further right tendencies and moves towards the middle, then maybe they could suck it up and come together to nominate a more normalized candidate.

Of course, a lot of this will still depend on how much influence the alt right continues to exert as a mentioned above. If it wasn't Hillary, I could see this as the complete breaking point for the GOP. But this is Hillary, and the hate machine has been working for decades against her and I doubt it will stop until she is out of the White House.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That story about internal GOP Texas polling showing Hillary up by one point

*Fans self even faster*

Doubt it's nothing more than a fundraising tactic, but even so.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think more important is the fact that his mic caused him to say crazy things about women, black people, and cyber.

The audience quite clearly reacted to one of his jabs about Hillary's emails, so I don't know how bad it could have been.

Yeah, it's a non-issue that Orange Menace will now spin into "I was right, they gave me a faulty mic" and countless hours of explaining the issue.

Thanks, CPD.

Emarv

How did we go from diablosing to winning Texas in a week

i'm keeping my hopes in check. we were saying all of these exact same things right after the DNC before things tightened. I won't start hyperventilating again just yet. breathe, Emarv, breathe....

Dierce

Yeah, it's a non-issue that Orange Menace will now spin into "I was right, they gave me a faulty mic" and countless hours of explaining the issue.

Thanks, CPD.

This is exactly what will happen. And the media will make it a bigger deal than it actually is for the false sense of 'fairness.' It is clear that it had no effect on broadcast and probably happened many times before but nobody was stupid enough to bring it up and look like a coward.

I'd love to see an ad get put together of a bunch of Nader supporters in 2000 talking about how voting for Gore was playing into the evil system and them now talking about their regret and voting for Clinton.

I had about 5 friends who voted for Nader here in Florida who immediately regretted it once the clusterfuck recount happened. Sadly those are lessons that can only be learned through experience. Still worth a try though.

smh @ these idiots finding what ever stupid reason not to vote for Hillary. You got this one dude that voted for Barrack and now wants to vote for Gary Johnson? How the do you reconcile that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom