• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

Hillary feeling confident in Florida? "If we win Broward county by as much as we're supposed to, we'll win Florida." Two rallies in southern Florida to boost turnout today, not the traditional I-4 corridor battleground.

This CNN article almost made me question Trump's sniffles. But then I realized that it's misleading. This is referring to the debate hall audio :)

Hkxim8m.png

I mean the jobs aren't coming back to Iowa/Ohio/Pennsylvania no matter what we do. Trump is flat out, brazenly, openly lying by saying he's going to get jobs back. Hillary is bounded by parameters of real world, so all she can do is talk about her manufacutring plans. Like guys, assemblyline jobs from the 50's never came back for a reason. It's because if a task is repetative, it's programmable, hence robots. Ok, if Democrats lose Rust Belt in 10 years, what then? You voted for a Repub president who cannot deliver on his dumb lies, and he's going to send more of your jobs overseas in reality. Yay.

Midwest was a mistake. Chicago is the only island of reason in this ocean of stupidity.

Someone on Planet Money this week made a good point: we seem to have this hard-on for these manufacturing jobs that are never coming back because of nostalgia. He then went on to point out that the reality is that we are a service-based economy now and how come no one is clamoring to make these jobs better like we did for these old manufacturing jobs instead of constantly complaining about phantom manufacturing jobs.

Boke1879

Hillary feeling confident in Florida? "If we win Broward county by as much as we're supposed to, we'll win Florida." Two rallies in southern Florida to boost turnout today, not the traditional I-4 corridor battleground.

Damn she did two rallies in Florida?

I need some help I been looking at the judges that are up for retention this November in my state of Arizona. I was wondering if anyone know of a good website that has information on state judges or how does poligaf decide what judges to vote for? I am having a hard time finding information on these judges although Arizona does have this Judicial Performance Review but I feel it doesn't really give me any significant information on why I should for these judges.

Boke1879

She also said she'll be in Florida so often that they'll be sick of her. The campaign badly wants to deny Trump Florida.

And they probably want Trump to spend more resources in Florida as well. That said I can see her stopping in FL a few more times.

Makai

I need some help I been looking at the judges that are up for retention this November in my state of Arizona. I was wondering if anyone know of a good website that has information on state judges or how does poligaf decide what judges to vote for? I am having a hard time finding information on these judges although Arizona does have this Judicial Performance Review but I feel it doesn't really give me any significant information on why I should for these judges.
Just pick the ones with the coolest names.

Bowdz

She also said she'll be in Florida so often that they'll be sick of her. The campaign badly wants to deny Trump Florida.

Good. If she and the campaign really put away Florida, they can drag Murphy across the finish line and make Rubitron a two time loser.

FUCK YOU LITTLE MARCO.

Hillary's strategy seems clear now-agitate Trump just enough to keep him spewing nonsense and attacking things that aren't Hillary. Talk about your plans with the remainder of your time.

Today, in FL:

“My opponent's only infrastructure plan is to build a wall! I loved that he went down to Mexico and he choked,” Clinton said. “He didn't even raise it. He's been going around telling people for months we're going to build a wall, make Mexico pay for it, so he's sitting with the president of Mexico and he doesn't even bring it up.”

So what are dems going to do to keep the white house in 2020 when the gop runs a non-loon that looks 400x better than Trump and Hillary loses her shine?

Look at the state of the GOP. Why would their primary electorate nominate a non-loon next time? I think there is a better than zero chance that Trump is going to be the most mainstream GOP candidate for a decade or so.

All the GOP really needs is a candidate who clears the field ahead of time and stops the clown car primary before it starts. Then you end up with a candidate like Romney, who would have been fine for this cycle.

SexyFish

Banned
Hillary's strategy seems clear now-agitate Trump just enough to keep him spewing nonsense and attacking things that aren't Hillary. Talk about your plans with the remainder of your time.

Today, in FL:

Trump seeing her say he choked must raise his blood pressure to a not "healthiest president ever" level.

I don't understand "orange menace". Is this some young person reference I'm not aware of.

Red Menace was the communists, so Orange Menace jokes about his ties with Putin I assume.

Slayven

All the GOP really needs is a candidate who clears the field ahead of time and stops the clown car primary before it starts. Then you end up with a candidate like Romney, who would have been fine for this cycle.

I be shocked if GOP allows another clown car situation

Today, in FL:

omfg this is god damned fire.

he is going to fucking explode.

A presidential candidate actually started a sentence with "I loved how..."

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

QUEEN.

sphagnum

Banned
Someone on Planet Money this week made a good point: we seem to have this hard-on for these manufacturing jobs that are never coming back because of nostalgia. He then went on to point out that the reality is that we are a service-based economy now and how come no one is clamoring to make these jobs better like we did for these old manufacturing jobs instead of constantly complaining about phantom manufacturing jobs.

Demonization of unions.

studyguy

The problem is people in the rust belt aren't suddenly going to up and turn to a completely new industry overnight. Chances are pretty good they'll keep those communities dwindling down till they're just left with 0 opportunities in the area unless something drastic is done.

What that solution is I don't know. Spurring late age education or incentives for more businesses to drop in that aren't just bluecollar work, etc. It's not a simple answer and while a lot of dumb opinion come from those kinds of areas, it's worthwhile to at least empathize a bit for the people whose entire lives and towns revolved around industries that packed up and shipped out.

Slacker

Look at the state of the GOP. Why would their primary electorate nominate a non-llon next time. I think there is a better than zero chance that Trump is going to be the most mainstream GOP candidate for a decade or so.

They are chronically terrible at learning from their mistakes. Remember the postmortem they did after 2012?

Problem: Hispanics hate us.
Proposed solution: Immigration reform
Instead: Nominate man who wants to send goon squads to the streets to deport 12 million people

Problem: Minorities in general hate us.
Proposed solution: Spend time and money on minority outreach efforts.
Instead: Nominate David Duke's favorite candidate

Problem: Gay people hate us, and people who don't hate gay people hate us too.
Proposed solution: Cool it with the anti-gay stuff.
Instead: Actually they may have kind of done OK with this one. Trump appears to just not give a shit, but I guess that's better than actively seeking to shove people back in the closet.
Edit: Nevermind, forgot about Mike Pence. :)

Problem: We live in a bubble
Proposed solution: Stop deifying Reagan, listen to dissenting opinions.
Instead: Nominate the man living in the most unpoppable bubble in all the world.

Problem: People see us as rich assholes
Proposed solution: Fight against corporate welfare, support whistleblowers
Instead: Nominate the richest, most assholiest man in America.

I'm not too concerned that they'll get their heads out of their asses any time soon.

This sums up today perfectly. Literally, the words of both candidates:
Clinton: Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
Trump: Check out sex tape.

Just a quick anecdotal update from NH. A few folks who where talking pro Trump in the past have recently been talking about reasons they cant vote for him. These are mostly folks under 40. I might be talking to some older folks this weekend who were pro Trump so I'll see how things have changed with them.

Also Hillary has really been upping her ground game her in NH these past few weeks. I see Trump trying to do the same but not getting anywhere near the level of Hillary's team. Hillary's team is like a fucking machine and really well organized, always having something going on to engage or recruit, etc.

On a related note I have seen some Trump sign defacement. On someones private property (someone had to be next to the persons front porch to cut the sign) which while funny isn't cool. They cut the T out of this really large Trump banner so it would say "vote for rump".
That's actually kinda my problem with it; it's too machine-like and not human enough. Just last night someone from the coordinated campaign called me asking if I wanted to sign up to start volunteering even though I had already been volunteering for them previously. Having so many people involved means people don't really get a chance to know one another; you're just another name on a list rather than an actual friend with legitimate social connections.

SexyFish

Banned
Problem: Gay people hate us, and people who don't hate gay people hate us too.
Proposed solution: Cool it with the anti-gay stuff.
Instead: Actually they may have kind of done OK with this one. Trump appears to just not give a shit, but I guess that's better than actively seeking to shove people back in the closet.

Nah they fucked that one too. Mike Pence believed in Gay Conversion Therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom