• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

I can see a reality where Trump doesn't do the town hall, Hillary does it alone, and then Fox News gives Trump one a few days later.
Another example of Trump redefining the rules even when he's going down in flames. Fucking fraud of a nominee.

Drakeon

Yeah, he's definitely not going.

It'll instantly end the election then and there if he skips it.

I think he hems and haws up until the debate and then goes. Because Trump knows media optics if nothing else, and he know's he'll look weak if he skips the debates.

HylianTom

Banned
I've always wondered how a one-candidate debate would happen.

Would it be Clinton handling questions for 90 minutes? Or would it be Clinton handling questions for 45 minutes, with Trump's alloted time interspersed between her answers (with Clinton and AC awkwardly watching the clock)?

Good, give Hillary a free commercial where she gets to show off her policies and personalize at a town hall.

I guess the most extreme outcome is Hillary attending the 2nd debate alone with Trump doing his own thing at the same time, and trying to make it a "ratings" contest again.

Though I'm pretty sure when he did that last time, the primary debate got more viewers than he did.

If Trump actually goes to the second debate, do you think his audience would ask him harder and more difficult questions or softball ones where virtually any answer will satisfy them?

I can see a reality where Trump doesn't do the town hall, Hillary does it alone, and then Fox News gives Trump one a few days later.

Nah. All the Hannity townhalls with Trump were duds. Scripted pageantry for it's base.

I doubt the Fox News corporate would be ok with playing an alternative to the Debate Commission. The Townhall on the 9th will be carried by every broadcast.

Erevador

Trump should stay home and Hillary should debate Gary Johnson and Dr. WiFi. It'd be hilarious. He could live-tweet the end of his electoral chances from Trump tower.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Before debate 1, I was predicting Trump would do the first, ditch the others, but even on this side of the debate, and it being even more of a disaster than I thought, I just don't see him doing it.

It's his ego. He can make all the excuses he wants to, but I don't think he can think of any way to skip the debate without it looking like he's scared.

They can only cry foul if there is evidence. If the election matches pretty close to the polling averages no one with any power will take it seriously.

Because if there's one thing Trump and his supporters are known for, is basing all arguments and criticisms after a careful examination of the facts at hand...

Boke1879

He's doing the next debate. He's fucking doing it. If he backs out. That's the election. The narrative will be written in stone and the media would pounce all over his ass.

He be giving Hillary at least an hour on major networks to talk about policy and be personal.

While introducing a sitting Senator, Rachel Maddow displayed an official statement from the Clinton campaign saying that while there's been a lot of talk about adult films, only Donald Trump has been proven to appear in one.

And I can't even fucking deal right now.

NYT is saying that Trump will try to rattle Clinton before the second debate per CNN lol

He's been trying to do this since day 1.

Trump: "I will rattle you HRC"
HRC's team: "Thanks for the headsup dumbass"

What a sound strategy, telling your opponent exactly what you are going to do 2 weeks before doing it so they can prepare and turn the tables.

He said someone was modulating his sound levels, and that the mic height was wrong.

The motherfucker never practiced behind a podium. He had no idea what he was doing.

If his version of the story is that his mic was busted but he was too much of a wimp to say anything about it, I'm not sure how that's a good thing.

He's been trying to do this since day 1.

Trump: "I will rattle you HRC"
HRC's team: "Thanks for the headsup dumbass"

What a sound strategy, telling your opponent exactly what you are going to do 2 weeks before doing it so they can prepare and turn the tables.

This was Jeb's strategy vs Rubio.

It went so poorly that Jeb somehow got owned by Rubio.

New Clinton audio leak has Clinton saying Sanders' supporters live in their parents' basements.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997?cmpid=sf

"Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement," she said. "They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future."

Clinton added: "If you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have some other ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing."

A gaff is usually when a politician tells the truth.

New Clinton audio leak has Clinton saying Sanders' supporters live in their parents' basements.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997?cmpid=sf

The actual quote is a lot more mild than that
"Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement, they feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future. If you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have some other ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing."

Considering I've been called a democratic whore, a traitor, been accused of weaponizing my sexuality, been called corrupt, a shill and a liar.....

I think I'm fine with what she said, especially since the entire quote isn't even remotely bad.

Slizeezyc

Full context isn't quite as bad but god dammit. This is not going to do anything to help her with those young voters she is struggling with

Ha, this is like the mildest quote of all time, it's not even mean. It's a sympathetic quote not a dick-hole one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom