• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Yeah, that "living in their parents basement" has to be taken way out of context in order for it to actually be damning. The whole quote is a lot better and shows empathy.

The main worr is that it might be picked up by the media because it's a break from all the Trump stuff.

Trump is worried about a damn mic, attacking Bill, Attacking miss universe, going on twitter tirades in the early morning etc.

Yet some people here want to make a bigger deal out of this? What she said wasn't even bad at all and hell for the most part it's true.

Why should she worry about the segment of young voters that will always think she's a liar and a demon no matter what.

Reminded me of something...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-that-problem/2012/07/18/gJQAJxyotW_blog.html

President Obama’s recent remark about business owners needing the government’s help is starting to gain traction on the campaign trail.

The remark didn’t catch on initially, but Republicans anxious to move past Mitt Romney’s Bain Capital controversy and whether he will or won’t release his tax returns have increasingly fixated on the remark as Case Study No. 1 when it comes to Obama’s big-government philosophy.

And it just might work.

The fact is that Obama’s remark is only the latest example of the president embracing — intentionally or not — the label of a big-government Democrat.

As with those issues, if Republicans play their cards right, they’ve got a quote to hang over Obama’s head and further define him along those lines for the next three and a half months.

Diablos

More is leaking...wow she called Hispanic people "hispoopics" wtf hillary

She accused neogaffers of Diablosing and said all they do is stay unemployed while they wait for FFXV and buy it with their mom's credit card. i just can't believe this

I'm voting for Gary

This will be front page news Monday. Hope you enjoyed the poll bump because the Trump train is back on schedule.

jinkx8.gif

Iolo

But the question is what will he do after he says the system is rigged and screams his head off? Fade away or seriously challenge the results?

I just read a fairly detailed article on what might happen if Trump challenged the results, but I'm not going to post it, out of respect for everyone.

The media isn't going to care about this Clinton quote

- It's horribly out of context, and even out of context, it still makes Hillary sound like a human and isn't even that bad

- In context it makes Hillary look sympathetic towards Bernie voters, so any old surrogate can just read the entire quote, since it's short enough, and there we go.

- It's 10pm on the east coast on a Friday night, who even cares what the heck happens between now and Monday. Nobody but the elderly and people in airports watch the news on the weekend.

- We had both a literal trainwreck and a metaphorical train wreck this week and both are more interesting stories than an out of context Hillary quote from 8 months ago.

Edit: lol Politico changed the headline, new one is "Clinton gives her take on Sanders supporters in leaked fundraising recording"

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
"I think we all should be really understanding of that," Clinton said.

So this is just a nothing burger? Got it.

Edit:
If this is their counter strike they are sitting on some weak shit.

Boke1879

- It's horribly out of context, and even out of context, it still makes Hillary sound like a human and isn't even that bad

- In context it makes Hillary look sympathetic towards Bernie voters, so any old surrogate can just read the entire quote, since it's short enough, and there we go.

- It's 10pm on the east coast on a Friday night, who even cares what the heck happens between now and Monday. Nobody but the elderly and people in airports watch the news on the weekend.

- We had both a literal trainwreck and a metaphorical train wreck this week and both are more interesting stories than an out of context Hillary quote from 8 months ago.

Edit: lol Politico changed the headline, new one is "Clinton gives her take on Sanders supporters in leaked fundraising recording"

LMFAOO

I'm sure Trump and the media and right-wingers will care about this quote because they still care about even this thing about coal miners:

So for example, I'm the only candidate which has a policy about how to bring economic opportunity using clean renewable energy as the key into coal country. Because we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business, right, Tim (ph)?

And we're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people. Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories.

Now we've got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don't want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on.

So whether it's coal country or Indian country or poor urban areas, there is a lot of poverty in America. We have gone backwards. We were moving in the right direction. In the '90s more people were lifted out of poverty than any time in recent history.

This is the most pro-coal miners transcript any candidate has... And it's considered one of Hillary's biggest "gaffes" of the campaign!

Editor’s note: The headline and lede of this story have been changed to better reflect Clinton’s tone.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...rs-supporters-audio-leak-228997#ixzz4LnQPmA8B
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

lololol

I think a few weeks ago, something similar happened. A Politico guy was on the 1600 podcast, and he said an idiot junior writer wrote a title that was terrible, and a more senior writer had to correct it. Probably the same thing happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom