• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncytia

I know it's already been said, but jfc fuck McConnell.

I just hope the Dems make the GOP pay for this shit. They've claimed all year that the next president gets to choose the next nominee. If they reneg, hit they hard in the media.

Same here, and I hope to not see much restraint. Be respectful but go hard. They absolutely deserve to sleep in the bed they made.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Damn this thread is high as fuck on hopium.

That crash is gonna feel bad.

You can tell Hillary knows she's going to win. Her team is probably in disbelief that the debate tactics worked as well as they did.

I heard some analysis that pointed out that it was only after Hillary mentioned Trump's father in the debate that he began to unravel. I remember reading that the Art of the Deal author had been consulted for debate prep, and he has often talked about how important Trump's father was to him. It was a calculated strategy to get him to blow his stack and it worked.

I wonder if Hillary will use the exact same line again in Debate 2 and he blows up again.

sonicmj1

Waitaminute...did I hear this dude on CNN correctly?

Did Trump really claim that infidelity has not been a problem in his marriage?

From this recent New York Times interview:

New York Times said:
While Mr. Trump has bragged about his sexual exploits over the years, he charged in the interview that Mr. Clinton had numerous indiscretions that “brought shame onto the presidency, and Hillary Clinton was there defending him all along.”

But when asked if he had ever cheated on his wives, Mr. Trump said: “No — I never discuss it. I never discuss it. It was never a problem.”

Asked specifically about his affair with Ms. Maples when he was married to Ivana Trump, Mr. Trump said: “I don’t talk about it. I wasn’t president of the United States. I don’t talk about it. When you think of the fact that he was impeached, the country was in turmoil, turmoil, absolute turmoil. He lied with Monica Lewinsky and paid a massive penalty.”

I feel so bad for this poor black Trump supporter on CNN right now. Paris, I think his name is..

The look on his face, you can tell he knows he's defending a unrepentant racist, woman-hating pig of a man.

Damn, the paycheck must be strong.

Joke's on him, Trump doesn't pay anyone.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
New Clinton audio leak has Clinton saying Sanders' supporters live in their parents' basements.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997?cmpid=sf

I don't know if I care to listen to a 49 minute thing, and certainly don't on a friday night, but....

a February fundraising event shows the Democrat nominee describing Bernie Sanders supporters as "children of the Great Recession" who are "living in their parents’ basement."

That doesn't necessarily sound too bad, since she's not attributing fault to millennials with the way I read that, though I can see how that might be seen as bad.

Outside of that, nothing else in that article sounds bad at all.

Cerium

Crash of what?Early voting already starting in some states and we pretty much just have debates to look forward too.

If Trump do them that is.

Also don't underestimate the ground game.

Trump doesn't have one and it's good for maybe as much as 3%. I expect Hillary to outperform the polls.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How long do they wait before approving Garland

What the current state of the Senate and House race? Are Dem's projected to take one or both?

I think if Democrats fail to take the Senate, and Hillary Wins, it just gives the GOP a handy "the people want us to rule together" excuse.

How long do they wait before approving Garland

A few months into 2017 at the earliest. It's not like there is any risk for the GOP, even if the Dems take a narrow majority in the Senate Hillary will still nominate Garland. Voters still don't care that they are obstructing.

What the current state of the Senate and House race? Are Dem's projected to take one or both?

I think if Democrats fail to take the Senate, and Hillary Wins, it just gives the GOP a handy "the people want us to rule together" excuse.

Democrats aren't taking the House, and even if it were otherwise the House has no bearing on the Supreme Court. The Demcrats taking a narrow majority in the Senate for two years isn't going to change their actions much, it just means that Garland gets approved without them having to approve.

SexyFish

Banned
So found an excerpt of Donald Trump's concession speech:
donald-trump-2.jpg
(From 2012 by the way.)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why is he even talking to the New York Times? This seems like him being off the reservation, because Conway seems too smart to green light something like this. He's doing what he wants.

That's a good thing. Trump always does the most damage to himself when he's off the reservation. We should be so lucky if he stays that way through the next debate.

Boke1879

Why is he even talking to the New York Times? This seems like him being off the reservation, because Conway seems too smart to green light something like this. He's doing what he wants.

Said it earlier. But the way things have gone this week you have to wonder who's in control right now. Conway sure as shit isn't.

This reminds me when Corey and Manafort were managing him and Trump did what he wanted. This is him doing that.

I wonder if a part of him is losing faith in his own team after that debate. He's been pretty restrained up until this week. Seems the debate rattled in hard.

SexyFish

Banned
I wonder if a part of him is losing faith in his own team after that debate. He's been pretty restrained up until this week. Seems the debate rattled in hard.

He got rattled because this may be the first time he was called a loser politically. He never "lost" the debates in the primaries and he never came dead last in any primaries/caucuses.

That first debate was Trump's first experience of losing. And he did it front of over 80 million people.

Guys

NTxev0g.png

-We won the debate
-We're leading in the polls
-I never called climate change a hoax
-I didn't say I'm smart to not pay taxes
-My microphone was rigged
-I have the best words
-My hands are normal, some might say above average

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do you really expect him to pull an Obama and do much better in the second and third debates? Because that's what it'll take to stop the bleeding.
You'll see. I remember when you guys were talking about historic landslides after the DNC.

Cerium

You'll see. I remember when you guys were talking about historic landslides after the DNC.
I was not among those who panicked when the polls tightened before the debate. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

I'm actually going to make quite a bit of money when Hillary wins. Just like I quadrupled my money when Trump won the nomination.

Boke1879

It's a bit telling that when Trump encounters signs of losing the election, he immediately jumps to Hillary being cheated on.

It's all he can do. He's quite literally a bully. Hell you had republican strategists saying he's stupid for attacking miss universe, because quite frankly she has nothing to do with anything as far as issues concerning Americans.

His focus should be on Hillary but he picks the only line of "attack" that would only damage himself. Everyone knows it's stupid to go that route, but he thinks if he gives some play to his base and hears a few cheers at a rally he's doing the right thing.

Any one who followed politics before knew it was going to tighten after the DNC. Everyone also knows that the biggest obstacle after that are the debates (especially the first debate if both nominees aren't the incumbent), and we are in debate season now. After debate season, it will be three weeks of the home stretch. There will be tightening but it won't be as much as after the conventions as everyone are pretty much set on who they will vote for. Not to mention that early voting is happening during debate season so whoever are winning those are already amassing votes for election day.

sazzy

Trump's little army of pepes believes he has a time machine.

I wouldn't be surprised if his is exactly how a bunch of men sat around a fire 5000 years ago and started 'religion'.

Old habits die hard.

Observe:

Ecotic

I actually made a facebook status about the hair mouse earlier today. For the past 8 months since New Hampshire I've been making regular installments of "IT'S TRUMP'S TIME BABY", all of them a parody of a rah-rah Trump supporter.

I'd give anything for a quality photoshop of a mouse directing Trump around.

30037432665_27031af67f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom