• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks, but it's not stupid. On your deathbed you won't give two shits about loan interest but will remember being with your dad.
Very true. I don't regret it. Not even a little, but ugh. I feel like that's a choice we shouldn't put on people, you know? we shouldn't even feel the pressure to chose between family and education.

Joeytj

Banned
Honestly... you all talk about not forgiving student loans from the perspective of the American system. It pops out some excellent globally ranked colleges and universities, but there's no reason for the system to be this expensive or be so adamant in punishing others for having studied a degree that might not generate enough income for them to pay back loans. If suddenly people are studying degrees that aren't handing them good jobs, their lack of future income should be "punishment" enough. On top of that, you have to pay your for education years to come?

That's... kind of fucked up, that you should only study degrees that will allow you to pay back student loans or that American students have to take that into consideration when the rest of the world isn't. It's even a competitive disadvantage.

Because I dislike my life, I actually went on Twitter and look at who is tweeting this-- it's allllll Trump and rightwing crazies!

The Tennessee GOP ALONE has 7 tweets about this!
I tried tweeting with it to set the record straight and immediately got a rightwing crazy yelling at me over it... at least it's just one so far...

Debirudog

I had a scholarship to pay for undergrad. Because of choices I made, I ended up losing my scholarship. (I didn't do anything bad, but I left school to care for my dad for a few years before he passed away). I thought I could keep my eligibility. Turns out, I couldn't. So, the thing I worked for so hard, I lost, and loans were my only option.

So, every month I see that bill, I get like...ugh. So stupid on so many levels.

Wow, that's awful to hear. If anything, you were actually being a responsible adult for looking after your dad but it's too bad that your school was being anal regarding your scholarship. :/

Act 1 of The Witcher 3 is very good (The Bloody Baron is a great villain, the scenery is gorgeous, lots to explore).

Act 2 is dreary (Whoreson is like a fucking cartoon character, nothing interesting happens, ugly environments).

Hopefully Skellige is better than Novigrad.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 12m12 minutes ago
Wow, just saw the really bad @CNN ratings. People don't want to watch bad product that only builds up Crooked Hillary.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 50m50 minutes ago
The so-called Commission on Presidential Debates admitted to us that the DJT audio & sound level was very bad. So why didn't they fix it?
First is legit, second is Phantom Trump.

johnsmith

remember me
Trump tried to force Marla Maples to pose in playboy

CtqE2h3UAAEOmbP.jpg

Why do Trump fans on Twitter pretend to be black sometimes?

I am so confused right now.
Just because you use the N word doesn't mean you're trying to be black

Cerium

These Trump scandals stick best when they're attached to a face. He needs a person to lash out at and get into a protracted Twitter war with.

I wonder if Hillary will drag out someone new for the second debate.

Effect

Is the mic story getting any play?

Don't think so. I think one person that was in the room said his audio was an issue at the very, very beginning but cleared up. Also he got louder anyway as the audio fixed itself. So people in the room likely heard him just fine. He was coming in just fine for everyone outside of that room. He keeps acting like a small mic issue excuses all the BS he spewed that night. The mic didn't make him look like a buffoon. If him focusing on it so much was a negative for him that says even more about him then anyone and anything else. He'll have to deal with a LOT more then that as president. So if that's the direction he wants to go in it makes him even more unfit and an even bigger cry baby. That that hasn't dawned on him is wild.

thebloo

If Trump raises that leaked audio at the debate, it's sooooooo going to backfire

Eh, you can tie it up with the deplorables and make it look like she doesn't give a shit about people on the "other" side. But it requires finesse, I don't see him pulling it off.

Boke1879

Eh, you can tie it up with the deplorables and make it look like she doesn't give a shit about people on the "other" side. But it requires finesse, I don't see him pulling it off.

except the deplorables line really didn't hurt her at all honestly. and she can easily explain that in a town hall and tie actual racists to Trump.

This "living in the parents basement" is even easier to explain. She can just say it's true a lot of kids after college are returning home to live with their parents.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One of the children shot last week in the school has died.

There goes my night. I was hoping to be a happy drunk tonight, now I'll be a sad one. Fucking hell, what the fuck is wrong with people? I just dont get it, who shoots a kid? Why do we even let people have guns? What the fuck is wrong with us? We keep letting this happen! We're fucking morons, selfish fucking dumbass morons who can't see beyond our own selfish fucking bullshit. It's not fair, these kids didn't do anything. It's just not fair.

#notyourshield

They clearly want to copy #notyourshield but GamerGate was this minor-seeming thing that you needed to read six hours worth of essays about to know it was a white supremacy thing.

The Trump campaign is clearly about white supremacy and is known by most of the internet population so it seems bizarre to think that #notyourshield could work in this scenario.

They clearly want to copy #notyourshield but GamerGate was this minor-seeming thing that you needed to read six hours worth of essays about to know it was a white supremacy thing.

The Trump campaign is clearly about white supremacy and is known by most of the internet population so it seems bizarre to think that #notyourshield could work in this scenario.

A ton of trump support come from that primordial shit stew, so even if they don't work they go to the same well.

There goes my night. I was hoping to be a happy drunk tonight, now I'll be a sad one. Fucking hell, what the fuck is wrong with people? I just dont get it, who shoots a kid? Why do we even let people have guns? What the fuck is wrong with us? We keep letting this happen! We're fucking morons, selfish fucking dumbass morons who can't see beyond our own selfish fucking bullshit. It's not fair, these kids didn't do anything. It's just not fair.
Preach. I just....I can't anymore. I literally was about to lose my shit. These are fucking children, man. It's bad when anyone is shot, but fucking kids? He had a whole life ahead of him....

This is definitely a realignment election if Dems win NC and Florida with a comfortable margin but loose Iowa and Ohio.

That is if national margin is let's say 5 points and Hillary wins FL/NC by 3-4 and losses Iowa and Ohio by same.

The main story in the trend is a Newsweek article titled:

The entire hashtag are just Trump supporters trying to make an issue out of it. The fact they have to invent a hashtag from something HIllary didn't even say shows just how much of a non-story it is.

Reminds me of "gamers are over."

Wilsongt

This is definitely a realignment election if Dems win NC and Florida with a comfortable margin but loose Iowa and Ohio.

That is if national margin is let's say 5 points and Hillary wins FL/NC by 3-4 and losses Iowa and Ohio by same.

Dems are still dead nationally. Haven't you seen all of the news articles? Democrats are in disarray and dying.

Hillary will be the last meaningful democrat. What a way for the party to die.

I hate the media sometimes. Queen needs to save us and save our party. T.T

Cyanity

Banned
I still don't understand why some people think that dems are "screwed" in 2020. The repubs are going to be in an identity crisis fueled disarray for years thanks to this Trump BS and America will have seen through their shit by then. Unless the repubs adopt socially sound policy, they're never going to win the White House again. This country is done with dogwhistle politics.

Everywhere I go here in NC, there are people registering voters. None of them - none - are GOP/Trump.
Threads like this fill me with hopium.

I still don't understand why some people think that dems are "screwed" in 2020. The repubs are going to be in an identity crisis fueled disarray for years thanks to this Trump BS and America will have seen through their shit by then. Unless the repubs adopt socially sound policy, they're never going to win the White House again. This country is done with dogwhistle politics.

Now this is some Hopium.

Touchdown

Banned

The word is "lose" not "loose". Loose is the opposite of tight. Lose is the opposite of win. Sorry, had to point this out it's a pet peeve of mine. xD

The Dilbert Man knows about some fucking amazing drugs:

"Clinton looked, to my eyes, as if she was drugged, tired, sick, or generally unhealthy, even though she was mentally alert and spoke well," Adams wrote. "But her eyes were telling a different story. She had the look of someone whose doctors had engineered 90 minutes of alertness for her just for the event."

"If she continues with a light campaign schedule, you should assume my observation is valid, and she wasn't at 100 percent," the comic strip author added.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2602968/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The main story in the trend is a Newsweek article titled:

The entire hashtag are just Trump supporters trying to make an issue out of it. The fact they have to invent a hashtag from something HIllary didn't even say shows just how much of a non-story it is.

In a way it's almost backfiring on them, since they're just showing Bernie supporters that Hillary really is sympathetic to their problems even in non-public conversations.

they will shift

They have to shift.

There's no way they don't shift

There's no way they field a nominee as bad as Trump again

And LOL people want dog whistle politics. You can bet they'll line up again when another candidate takes up the helm

JP_

Banned
they will shift

They have to shift.

There's no way they don't shift

There's no way they field a nominee as bad as Trump again

And LOL people want dog whistle politics. You can bet they'll line up again when another candidate takes up the helm

I thought they'd shift in 2008 and 2012 but they just keep digging deeper.

If elected, she'll be the first president in a while that's inaugurated with no majority in both houses.

Plus the shit Dem turnout in midterms, it's not hard to imagine a 1 term President.

*Hillary-GAF about to explode*

Bowdz

CNN led with the Clinton audio for their 5 newscast. They're trying to spin this into a bad turn for her.

Stay winning CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom