• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton had to have known this. She specifically mentioned that "he could have not paid taxes for years."

She had to get that from somewhere, this article shows were.

There's no way she'd say something like that to a guy so litigious
Right. at the moment i thought maybe it was speculation, but it's clear now she knew.

Also Banqet is has had this for a least a month since he mentioned he'd go to jail to publish trumps taxes and the article mentions Trump as threatened to sue them for publishing this.

HylianTom

Banned
Michael Cohen ‏@speechboy71 12s13 seconds ago
Trump just said that Hillary Clinton is "not loyal to Bill" ... and "why should she be"

Yeah, at this point he's throwing out crazy lines like a fertilizer dispenser.

edit: this Saturday night just got really damn interesting.

Hillary's got some primo material for the next debate, if she can find a way to work it into her answers without being too harsh for the town hall audience.

giphy.gif

Right. at the moment i thought maybe it was speculation, but it's clear now she knew.

Hey looks like polifact gonna half to issue a correction

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-hillary-clinton-tax-claim-ignores-years-whe/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Michael Cohen ‏@speechboy71 12s13 seconds ago

Yeah, at this point he's throwing out crazy lines like a fertilizer dispenser.

edit: this Saturday night just got really damn interesting.

I guess he heard the news about his taxes before going on

I feel like Clinton has a calendar up in the campaign office with little post-it notes that relate to all the oppo they are rumored to have.

It's quite obvious they are feeding the info to the press and have it lined up through the debates. If they are dropping this stuff now I only see this getting significantly worse for him.

What if Clinton's oppo research culminates to

"Donald, if you won't release your tax returns, I will"

(Pulls out giant folder and slams it on podium)

Third debate is her just flipping through them and reciting key points

Paskil

Because the documents sent to The Times did not include any pages from Mr. Trump’s 1995 federal tax return, it is impossible to determine how much he may have donated to charity that year.The state documents do show, though, that Mr. Trump declined the opportunity to contribute to the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial Fund, the New Jersey Wildlife Conservation Fund or the Children’s Trust Fund. He also declined to contribute $1 toward public financing of New Jersey’s elections for governor.

So fucking good.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Meh. The tax thing means nothing. In this system, what he is doing is perfectly legal.

Boke1879

Meh. The tax thing means nothing. In this system, what he is doing is perfectly legal.

That shit isn't going to fly with blue collar workers. Especially when he talks about taking advantage of workers and him not releasing his taxes adds to all of this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

It's definitely legal, but it is sort of shitty. I mean, Romney didn't do anything illegal either and yet he hid his taxes until he absolutely couldn't anymore. I think there's more in here that will be coming out.

Kid Heart

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html

Trump Tax Records Obtained by The Times Reveal He Could Have Avoided Paying Taxes for Nearly Two Decades

This is the week that just keeps on giving I see.

Not only will that stupid out of context quote fall to the wayside, but now the Dems have proof as to the extent of Donald's business failings/ tax avoidance that they can slam him with in the next couple of debates. It probably wont end up changing too many people's minds, but it will at least be a nice moral victory if nothing else.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That shit isn't going to fly with blue collar workers. Especially when he talks about taking advantage of workers and him not releasing his taxes adds to all of this.

Most people already know this, though. Plus, most blue collar workers who vote for him are not voting him for his tax record.

Care to share why?

It's definitely legal, but it is sort of shitty. I mean, Romney didn't do anything illegal either and yet he hid his taxes until he absolutely couldn't anymore. I think there's more in here that will be coming out.

Right--I agree with this. Just that this doesn't mean a ton in the grand scheme of things.

balladofwindfishes said:
Optics™ apply to Hillary as much as they do Trump. It doesn't matter if it's legal or not, he's going around saying the common man is getting cheated, and here he is not paying his fair share.

But he already admitted in the debate he didn't pay taxes.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
(((Harry Enten))) ‏@ForecasterEnten 30 seconds ago
New ABC news poll coming out soon... High quality.

fff

Slizeezyc

Hasn't he always said "I know how to take advantage of the system so that means I can fix it."

I mean I get that the optics look bad, but it's not like any of his fans will be turned off by this. I doubt they give a crap if he pays taxes or not. They just want those damn foreigners out.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Hasn't he always said "I know how to take advantage of the system so that means I can fix it."

I mean I get that the optics look bad, but it's not like any of his fans will be turned off by this. I doubt they give a crap if he pays taxes or not. They just want those damn foreigners out.

His fans have a different understanding of the nature of truth.

But the undecideds?

Boke1879

Again who gives a shit about his fans? They believe any conspiracy theory. Shit like this though just exposes him as a hypocrite to undecideds and other Republican voters.

He says he does all this shit. Gives to so many charities yet he isn't and isn't paying his fair share.

Remember at the debate when he said it made him "smart" because he doesn't pay taxes? And there was at least one guy in the focus group that said that completely turned him off. I imagine that's the same for others. I mean there's a reason Hillary gained in the polls after that debate.

I asked someone who knows this kind of law and work fairly well, and two things mentioned were that this reveals that he's probably not worth all that much (shocking!) and that he's probably declaring such a low salary, that $6100 figure, so he can avoid paying into social services like medicare. This is going off of me relaying select quotes, and obviously not having said full returns to view.

We do not care about his fans. They can follow him to the gates of hell and back. Who cares. What we care about is the 5-10% of the electorate that is persuadable, Like, this is how elections work! No one goes after the hardcore people, you get the soft supporters.

So, if you're a blue collar worker in Ohio who isn't sure who to vote for, but you pay your 15% tax on your $35,000 a year....this might speak to you. Like, really.

Iolo

Trump's answer during the debate on not paying taxes was second only to the birtherism stuff in the focus groups afterward. It matters.

^ Mentioned above too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom