• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You mean the debate that damaged and unhinged him? And now Trump is going to respond to this and make this tax story stick for a few more days.

That's the main outcome of this--negative headlines. Even though I do not think this will matter much, taking the headlines like this for days is a good thing.

The fact that when something about Trump comes out everyone is cringing about how he's going to react tells all you need to know about why keeping him out of office is so important.

Jesus with the "this isn't going to hurt"

Do you think he's just randomly losing?

There's a reason he's the most unpopular candidate every and behind in the polls

That's the main outcome of this--negative headlines. Even though I do not think this will matter much, taking the headlines like this for days is a good thing.

And it's going to come up again in the debates. This issue isn't going to go away.

There's a reason he's the most unpopular candidate every and behind in the polls
His numbers even tank every time he gets into a big crisis. I don't get why people still cling to the idea that nothing hurts him.

No Like, the focus groups showed the tax thing was one of the things everyone, even his supporters, absolutely hated. People hate paying taxes. They wish they could get out of them. But what they hate even more is someone, especially a rich someone, who actually finds a way out of it. All of the focus groups mentioned this was one of his lowest points.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cruz, Bush, and Rubio have the worst oppo teams of all time.

Seriously. How bad were they? How did you not attack him on this?

That's the thing, though. His numbers aren't terrible, and I'm not sure their hatred of Hillary (the thing that drives their voting) is going to be swayed by this.

Believe me--I'm very happy these are coming to light, but I think 2015 tax returns would be MUCH more damaging to him.

No Like, the focus groups showed the tax thing was one of the things everyone, even his supporters, absolutely hated. People hate paying taxes. They wish they could get out of them. But what they hate even more is someone, especially a rich someone, who actually finds a way out of it. All of the focus groups mentioned this was one of his lowest points.

And that's where I'm still confused--will their hatred of Hillary be swayed? Probably nowhere near enough to vote for her. To stay home, though? That could be huge for Senate/House voting.

And that's where I'm still confused--will their hatred of Hillary be swayed? Probably nowhere near enough to vote for her. To stay home, though? That could be huge for Senate/House voting.

The election is as much about turnout as anything. Trump needs historic turnout from white men to win. Damaging things aren't likely to switch a Trump voter to Clinton, but they affect who shows up to the polls.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Lol snl

"ONE SECOND!!!

ONE SECOND"
----
Showing a repeat
=(

Edit:ah comcast fucked up. What shpwing snl at 10 not 11

Clinton had to have known this. She specifically mentioned that "he could have not paid taxes for years."

She had to get that from somewhere, this article shows were.

There's no way she'd say something like that to a guy so litigious

They've known about this for a very long time and more is coming.

This is just embarrassing. Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush were sitting on mountains of cash, where the hell was their opposition research on Trump?

Grief.exe

This 'basement dwellers' blowing up is so synonymous with modern culture.

A statement taken out of context, where no one bothers to look beyond the surface before reacting.

Plinko

This is only OCTOBER 1.

What more will we find out this month?

Trump's defense is basically going to be that he did nothing wrong, he used the laws/system to his advantage which is technically true (but won't fly with many voters). However the damning thing to me is that it shows how bad of a businessman he has been. Hillary's response is basically going to be "I know many great businessmen and women, and none of them have lost nearly a billion dollars in a year."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump's defense is basically going to be that he did nothing wrong, he used the laws/system to his advantage which is technically true (but won't fly with many voters). However the damning thing to me is that it shows how bad of a businessman he has been. Hillary's response is basically going to be "I know many great businessmen and women, and none of them have lost nearly a billion dollars in a year."

That's just going to devour his soul. He won't be able to let that go, ever.

Boke1879

As if she needed something else that will get under his skin lol

Aurongel

That shit isn't going to fly with blue collar workers. Especially when he talks about taking advantage of workers and him not releasing his taxes adds to all of this.
They'll praise him for getting over on a corrupt system. He staged it as such during the debate and the crowd cheered.

At the end of the day it was legal enough that he probably won't be taken to court over it but he can absolutely spin this as an anti-establishment win for him.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

This is just embarrassing. Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush were sitting on mountains of cash, where the hell was their opposition research on Trump?

Cruz, Rubio, and Jeb all basically believe rich people should basically pay no taxes, so why would they attack Trump on that. Same thing with the racism and sexism stuff. It's the same reason why Hillary didn't go hard in on Sanders horrible plans (but with laudable goals) and various associations that would kill him in a general.

Grief.exe

Someone straight up mailed the tax returns to the Times

Susanne Craig Verified account
‏@susannecraig

That time someone mailed me Donald Trump's tax returns

They all spent 2015 thinking they could use Trump to undermine their rivals and didn't take him seriously until it was too late. The Republican leadership was a bunch of Nate Silvers ignoring the facts right in front of them.

Iolo

They'll praise him for getting over on a corrupt system. He staged it as such during the debate and the crowd cheered.

At the end of the day it was legal enough that he probably won't be taken to court over it but he can absolutely spin this as an anti-establishment win for him.

Zero people cheered when he said not paying taxes makes him smart.

Boke1879

Nah man. Romney didn't do shit illegal either. Lets be real. Everyone hates paying taxes. That said we all do it because we understand it's needed.

But when you hear a self proclaimed billionaire say he's smart for not paying them? Nah that doesn't play with your average worker.

That shit hurt him in the debate even among his own supporters.

Grief.exe

Nah man. Romney didn't do shit illegal either. Lets be real. Everyone hates paying taxes. That said we all do it because we understand it's needed.

But when you hear a self proclaimed billionaire say he's smart for not paying them? Nah that doesn't play with your average worker.

That shit hurt him in the debate even among his own supporters.

Except the Clintons apparently.

Also, 30% of American's are white supremacists of one form or another and another 10-12% are sociopaths who only care about making sure they or other rich people don't pay a lot in taxes. Those people are lost - it's about hurting Trump with the other 10% who might be persuadable.

GOP like "We gots teh oppoz, BASEMENTZ!!11!!"

Hillary like:

4293a5644b008633f33717a26aea0a0f.jpg

Plinko

If they have these old ones, what are the odds they have the new ones for release later this month?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So the obvious attack line is something like:

"So, he loses a billion dollars in one year through multiple business failures - a billion! - and he gets rewarded with 18 years worth of tax credits? How is that fair? Not only does this show just how bad of a businessman Donald really is, it shows why we need the rich to start paying more in taxes."

Double whammy on Trump trashing and a tax policy proposal.

Plinko

I'd send Mark Cuban out to start hilariously attacking Trump about this ASAP.

Slizeezyc

Fam, I wasn't saying this won't hurt him, I'm just saying I don't know how much further in the tank he can go. He's already pretty hated across the board by non-believers.

wutwutwut

We're quite well to do. We pay hundreds of thousands a year in taxes. But since we're salaried we can't do the shenanigans Trump does.

Fuck Donald Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom