• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
It's still shocking to me how wildly he swung to the other side
“9/11 changed me. I’m shocked that it didn’t change the whole country, frankly,”
The perceived change did not surprise former Saturday Night Live colleague and Democratic Party Senator Al Franken, however: "People have said to me, ‘What happened to Dennis?’ Nothing happened to Dennis. He's the same Dennis. He's always had a conservative streak on certain issues."

Miller told USA Today in 1995: "I might be profane and opinionated, but underneath all that are some pretty conservative feelings. On most issues, between Clinton and Newt Gingrich, I'd choose Newt in a second, even though he is a bit too exclusionary."

Also, the 1992 election:
On his podcast "The PO'D Cast" with Adam Carolla and Dennis Miller, Miller stated that one of the factors was watching Democrats mock and ridicule former VP candidate James Stockdale. He quips how that Stockdale who "tapped out Morse Code prayers with American POWs so they wouldn't kill themselves, is getting hammered because he isn't good on TV."

Has it helped him yet?

It really doesn't after we have seen trump botch his response to the terrorist attacks that have been happening in the US in the last few months or so over and over again.

Why would this help him? Isn't Trump pro-police?

I could be remembering incorrectly, but hasn't Clinton been repeatedly rated significantly higher than Trump in polls IRT handling domestic terrorist incidents?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-says-nypd-knows-who-terrorists-are-but-let-attacks-happen-anyway/

Because he already says that cops don't act because of PC. it helps him with the white voters he is basically trying to run up record margins on.

Funny hearing that kind of rhetoric about someone else for once.
Lol, yeah I see it all the time on my friend's Facebook posts. Most of my friends come from heavily Republican families and whenever they make posts about voting for Johnson their relatives scream at them about casting a vote for Clinton.

We've had far, far worse terrorist attacks in 2016 and unless I'm mistaken not a single one has actually helped Trump. Partially because he's incapable of responding in a way that isn't offensive. I think it's just some thing liberals made up so they have something else to worry about.

Ah OK, HW Bush apparently privately told someone he is voting for Clinton, but it hasn't officially been confirmed. I kind of doubt he says if he is or not publicly.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/19/politics/george-hw-bush-voting-hillary-clinton/index.html

Reportedly they didn't even want Jeb throwing his hat in the ring as potential contenders for Hillary.

I've never had any doubts that HR would vote Clinton. He's easily the best GOP president of my life time. He dropped trickle down economics like a ton of bricks when he saw it wasn't working, he's not one of the blind faithful.

It's honestly impressive how much Rand Paul has debased himself over the last 12-18 months:

Paul, who has continued as a practicing eye surgeon since his 2010 election to the Senate, says it’s impossible to reach a conclusion about someone’s health without an actual examination.

“I think she has some significant health problems–I don’t know what they are,” he said.

“Her losing consciousness, there, which by all appearances she did lose consciousness, is not something commonly associated with pneumonia,” the surgeon said.

The former first lady had a heat stress incident while attending the Sept. 11 Ground Zero ceremony in New York City. After the incident, the Clinton left the ceremony abruptly, which her campaign ascribed to part of her struggle with a bout of pneumonia. Videos of the Democratic nominee for president appear to show her collapsing and being hauled into a black van.

Paul said he was confused by how Clinton‘s doctor explained her pneumonia.

“The diagnosis as a something being a non-infectious infection is kind of a strange way to describe a pneumonia as well,” he said.

“Her heath is an issue,” he said. “Particularly the fact that she has not been very forthcoming with it.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...-hillary-clinton-significant-health-problems/

This guy has no chance of being more of a loser than his father, but he's making an effort.

An emigrated Muslim turned his own son into officials because he feared for everyone's safety helps Trump?

This is the opposite of what he'd have you believe happens.

Listen, clearly we should have identified the 8 year old Ahmad as a future terrorist instead of letting him and his apparently quite fucking awesome parents into the country.

CLEARLY.

Boke1879

And I don't know if Clinton is taking the day off totally. She was ok then steve Harvey morning show and talked about the Tulsa shooting.

But it does make sense she's gearing up for the debates. One more rally and then just focus on that this weekend

TomServo

gotta feel a little bad for them - they were the new hotness in the 80s and 90s and then around the 00s everyone stopped caring.

that'll never happen to the millenials though. we'll be around for at least a thousand years.

Don't feel bad for us. It's not that "everyone stopped caring", it's that we stopped caring. It's fun to watch the Boomers and the Millenials go at each other at work, while I get my stuff done, go home, and forget about that place while I spend time with my family.

It's honestly impressive how much Rand Paul has debased himself over the last 12-18 months:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...-hillary-clinton-significant-health-problems/

This guy has no chance of being more of a loser than his father, but he's making an effort.
Rand Paul is all the crazy elements of his father rolled into the standard GOP platform whenever his father broke to the left (or at the very least away from standard conservative orthodoxy). He sucks.

“The diagnosis as a something being a non-infectious infection is kind of a strange way to describe a pneumonia as well,” he said.

I cut my foot and it got infected. So blatantly I must be able to infect other people right? Just by contact or going near them or whatever. It's an infection. That means you are contagious. I AM DOCTOR MAN.

Teggy

Csz3aMVXEAA-W96.jpg:large

Syncytia

Well, that's a new a one (for me at least):

Clinton and Obama created our failing policy towards North Korea... via Cory Gardner on MSNBC.

I also like how egocentric all this stuff is. It's Obama's fault for literally everything that's happening around the world.

benjipwns

Banned

Clinton and Obama created our failing policy towards North Korea... via Cory Gardner on MSNBC.

I also like how egocentric all this stuff is. It's Obama's fault for literally everything that's happening around the world.
41g41vH%2B1LL.jpg
51jOyOZOjjL.jpg

Valhelm

contribute something
Well police fucked up here. Not sure why it would have anything to do with PC. If a dad was suspecting a white son to be a terrorist wouldn't cops have to investigate anyway?

He'll just spin it as, "Fear of being racist is causing Islamic terrorists to walk free"

God I hope Cory gets his ass kicked in 2020.

Joni Ernst and Thom Tillis too.

Grief.exe

God I hope Cory gets his ass kicked in 2020.

Joni Ernst and Thom Tillis too.

Cory Gardner is so lock step Republican it's sickening.

Clinton Maintains Lead; Tight Race for Senate

Most skeptical of Trump birther statement

West Long Branch, NJ - Hillary Clinton holds a 5 point lead over Donald Trump in the crucial swing state of Florida. This is slightly less than the 9 point lead she held in a Monmouth University Poll of Sunshine State voters taken last month. Sen. Marco Rubio is currently locked in a tight race with his Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy, ahead by a statistically insignificant 2 points after leading by 5 in August. The poll also found that voters are skeptical of Trump's recent attempt to draw a line under the Pres. Obama birther controversy.

Among Florida voters likely to participate in November's presidential election, 46% currently support Clinton and 41% back Trump. Another 6% intend to vote for Libertarian Gary Johnson and 1% support Green Party candidate Jill Stein, with 5% who are undecided. This compares to Monmouth's August poll which had Clinton at 48%, Trump 39%, Johnson 6%, and Stein 1%.

Cory Gardner is so lock step Republican it's sickening.
"Yeah but Mark Udall talks too much about abortion. Should we even vote? It's a midterm election, everyone knows those don't count. I mean I know they literally sent us our ballots and all we have to do is mail them back but eh... I wonder what's on Netflix"

- Colorado electorate 2014

Hey, not bad at all! And Murphy's even still in it.

lol Monmouth guy "This isn't as bad for Hillary." Pretty sure a 5 point lead for Hillary is about as good as it's gonna get in florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom