• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Hillary slayeth......

http://i.imgur.com/XrUuUNj.png[img]

[url]https://www.hillaryclinton.com/page/trump-taxes/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=20161002tool_taxcalc[/url]

sogood.gif[/QUOTE]

woah I got $0 too

lol

[quote="shinra-bansho, post: 218840750"]Marla isn't the leak....

It's [spoiler]Tiffany.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

It's Barron, pissed that his dad won't stop using his iPad at 3am

kevin1025

Banned
Is the media pushing back against these evil morons saying orange turd is a genius for not paying taxes by reminding them that he lost all that money in the first place?

Definitely looks that way. Jake Tapper was harsh toward Giuliani for trying it, and weird smile guy that is an advisor for Trump is getting hammered by Poppy Harlow right now.

I'll take a Breitbart poll right now, honestly.

Why do alt-righters take pictures from domestic violence incidents (violence committed by a white dude) and then post those pictures on Twitter and Facebook against the woman's consent and then tweet "look at what Islamists are doing to our women!"

Well... it's because they're terrible people and their fanbase is intensely stupid, but it's still fucking gross.

But there is one NeoNazi tweet that is so extreme that it doubles around roughly five times to where it is amazing (TW: 9/11)

https://twitter.com/Darren32895836/status/782686090347974656

ABC News with its priorities straight

sRO2vRc.png

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Giuliana kept saying that businessman who don't take advantage of tax loopholes would get sued by their investors. Where the hell did this come from?

Watched the SNL debate skit.

Kate McKinnon has amazing reaction faces.

by68m2u.gif

I71ZCPf.gif

She's so cute. <3

Boke1879

Real talk. has Rudy taken the spot from Conway? He said some vile ass shit today and I can't imagine you put that him out there for the whole week.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
In hindsight, Clinton supporters who were disappointed in Obama have gotten a much better Clinton out of it. Save for the "emails"

Clinton Prime is a much better campaigner than she was 8 years ago.

In hindsight, Clinton supporters who were disappointed in Obama have gotten a much better Clinton out of it. Save for the "emails"

Clinton Prime is a much better campaigner than she was 8 years ago.

2008 Clinton would be beating Trump by double digits right now. She has a lot of problems now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I love the idea of Assange screaming off his balcony like some kind of antipope while literally no one watches.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
2008 Clinton would be beating Trump by double digits right now. She has a lot of problems now.
I mean, I disagree with this. But there is no way for either of us to know how much she would be winning by. The people who hate her now would have hated her then. Also she would have had to beat McCain, not trump.

Bronx-Man

Banned
My vote is still for Tina Fey's Palin as an all-time SNL political favorite. In addition to being hysterical, I'm convinced that she nudged the election a teensy bit more in our favor by helping in creating the popular perception of Palin.

hOZWTGhynCwx.gif

Teensy my ass. SNL destroyed the McCain campaign in real time.

Cerium

I disagree completely, Hillary has learned a lot from Obama. Hell she pretty much inherited his infrastructure. Her campaign in 2008 was stone age, Obama was the first to incorporate analytics and revolutionize the modern ground game.

Also, two words: Mark Penn.

I think ultimately Hillary would've won in 08 due to the economic crash, but Mark Penn would've caused more unnecessary issues in the GE.

Also, as we're seeing in 16, it's difficult to predict how Obama's primary coalition would've turned out in the fall.

HylianTom

Banned
Teensy my ass. SNL destroyed the McCain campaign in real time.

Yeah, I tend to being conservative in stating impact. I think her impersonation penetrated everywhere. (And I love her for it.)

And on a related note: I don't mind it if voters associate Real Hillary with Kate McKinnon's Hillary. The writers work a few knocks in on Real Hillary, but her reactions to Trump reflect what many voters are feeling at home when he opens his mouth and sewage pours out.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is the problem with punditry: it's never as good as you think it is and it's never as bad as you think it is. The hourly microanalysis of everything is superfluous. This is the most stable race in forever.

There is so little hype for Veep debate. Unsurprisingly so. When was the last time people saw two older white politician men debate for the veep spot? 2004?

Cerium

There is so little hype for Veep debate. Unsurprisingly so. When was the last time people saw two older white politician men debate for the veep spot? 2004?

2012 had more importance because Obama bombed the first debate and everyone was looking to Uncle Joe to bring the heat.

All we need from Kaine is not to fuck up in a way that takes over a news cycle, it's a low bar to clear.

Slayven

Pence and Kaine remind me of middle managers.

Pence the overbearing asshole that got his head up upper management buttholes and will sell you out to get ahead.

Kaine is that cool dude that will get on to you about being late, but as long as you don't abuse it will let you slide. And will buy his team lunch every once in a while and sends out corny emails

I wonder if there's a lot of pressure on Pence to turn things around. He's been such a nothing throughout the whole campaign.

Holmes

Wasn't Enten hyping up that ABC/WaPo poll? Are we sure these state polls won't be about what voters in Florida and North Carolina think who won the debate?

ampere

This is the problem with punditry: it's never as good as you think it is and it's never as bad as you think it is. The hourly microanalysis of everything is superfluous. This is the most stable race in forever.

Sam Wang is the voice of reason lately. Mathematical analysis > punditry

I wonder if there's a lot of pressure on Pence to turn things around. He's been such a nothing throughout the whole campaign.

Can't imagine there would be.

Given how badly trump has flamed out in the first debate, combined with the absolute flood of "october surprise" PR disasters that popped up after it it's simply unreasonable that anyone would expect Pence would be able to do anything at all to reverse that.

He's going to be on the ropes during the debate attempting to defend the indefensible. It's an impossible situation.

Especially when you consider Trump has two more debates coming, and there is a 0% chance he's going to be on Clinton's level for either of them.

Can't imagine there would be.

Given how badly trump has flamed out in the first debate, combined with the absolute flood of "october surprise" PR disasters that popped up after it it's simply unreasonable that anyone would expect Pence would be able to do anything at all to reverse that.

He's going to be on the ropes during the debate attempting to defend the indefensible. It's an impossible situation.

Especially when you consider Trump has two more debates coming, and there is a 0% chance he's going to be on Clinton's level for either of them.

At the same time, though, Pence is going to have to defend conservatism to the electorate. Like, the GOP needs him to do that. This is their only chance to get national eyeballs on a non-Trump Republican this cycle. So, they kind of need him to do a decent job.

I'm Dad can just hit him, hard, over abortion, women's rights and gay rights, it'll be a huge win for us.

At the same time, though, Pence is going to have to defend conservatism to the electorate. Like, the GOP needs him to do that. This is their only chance to get national eyeballs on a non-Trump Republican this cycle. So, they kind of need him to do a decent job.

I'm Dad can just hit him, hard, over abortion, women's rights and gay rights, it'll be a huge win for us.

Is that even possible though? Trump has been pretty hands off on abortion and gay rights, he's a flaming dumpster fire on women's issues, and he's a known adulterer with multiple marriages.

Any claim by Pence to be some kind of standard bearer for conservatism is going to be undermined by who's at the top of the ticket.

Is that even possible though? Trump has been pretty hands off on abortion and gay rights, he's a flaming dumpster fire on women's issues, and he's a known adulterer with multiple marriages.

Any claim by Pence to be some kind of standard bearer for conservatism is going to be undermined by who's at the top of the ticket.

It's more so, in my opinion, about making sure that the conservatives still feel the need to turn out. The far right loves Pence because....well he's the best Trump could get, and also because he's 100% in on the Kool Aide. He's literally as terrible as Cruz. He's a real believer. I agree that it's probably impossible or him to do what they expect, but he has to give it the good college try and try to salvage the conservative movement from Trumpism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom