• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl1992

The Colombian result is bumming me the fuck out. Makes Brexit look like peanuts. Sometimes there's just no joy in the world, and 2016 has just been such a shitty year. :(

Referendums on two issues where emotions run high are different to an election where you need to engage your brain. Brexit and Columbia are disappointing, but ultimately aren't actually much of a shock when you realise the issues at play in both situations in closer inspection. The US election is a different beast where we know what's going on and has remained consistent in how the voting seems to be heading going into November.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I know for a fact obama posts on gaf. He mostly trolls NX threads though, mostly because why not

The Colombian result is bumming me the fuck out. Makes Brexit look like peanuts. Sometimes there's just no joy in the world, and 2016 has just been such a shitty year. :(
a lot of colombians felt like the peace deal forgave terrorists for crimes and would give them positions in congress. Or at least that's what my colombian friend tells me.

HylianTom

Banned
I know for a fact obama posts on gaf. He mostly trolls NX threads though, mostly because why not

obama-laughing-800x430.jpg

Obama, laughing at the latest hot NX rumor on Gaming Side..

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
a lot of colombians felt like the peace deal forgave terrorists for crimes and would give them positions in congress. Or at least that's what my colombian friend tells me.

It would have done both those things, yes. But without it, there will be no peace.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
“How many people have acid-washed or bleached a post?” Y2Kev asked the crowd. “How many? That you deleted? So you deleted it but that’s not good enough. No, this is crazy. Our thread is becoming a third-world country”

Paskil

The crony protectionism in PoliGAF is out of control. People are no longer being held accountable for their words or actions. We are entering a very dangerous time and place, my friends, this I promise you.

Dierce

Referendums on two issues where emotions run high are different to an election where you need to engage your brain. Brexit and Columbia are disappointing, but ultimately aren't actually much of a shock when you realise the issues at play in both situations in closer inspection. The US election is a different beast where we know what's going on and has remained consistent in how the voting seems to be heading going into November.

Orange turd's appeal is completely emotional among his 40% unwavering base. We have to be careful by taking these lessons as warnings and making adjustments so that the same populist and emotional driven angst seen all over the world doesn't spread in this country to a majority.

But I remain hopeful. In the end, I think progress cannot be achieved without reconciliation. We are not the ones who are arguing to discriminate, that is the other side. The other side that misinforms and flourishes in ignorance and bigotry.

Iolo

The lesson of Brexit and Colombia is that monumental decisions of this type should not be put up for popular referendum. That's what representative government is for. You idiot leaders

How long before Trump calls him a loser?

The most famous modern Basketball player, who plays for the team from the city that hosted the Republican National Convention, just endorsed the opposition candidate. Trump doesn't care when it's a bunch of "Hollywood Elite" endorsing Clinton, but this will hurt him a bit.

Boke1879

I HATE Lebron on that basketball court. As a Bulls fan I'll forever give him the side eye.

But outside of sports I respect him. He's done a lot in giving back to his own community. Personally I thought he'd take the MJ approach when it came to politics, but this is huge imo. The biggest star in the game giving his endorsement? Much respect Lebron.

Trumps Twitter: "Balding Lebron has been in the league 13 years and has only won a championship 3 times, that means hes been a loser 10 times, sad!"

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 42m42 minutes ago
Just announced that Iraq (U.S.) is preparing for battle to reclaim Mosul. Why do they have to announce this? Makes mission much harder!

Full ignorance on display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom