• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree completely, Hillary has learned a lot from Obama. Hell she pretty much inherited his infrastructure. Her campaign in 2008 was stone age, Obama was the first to incorporate analytics and revolutionize the modern ground game.

Also, two words: Mark Penn.

I've said this before, but Mark Penn is the perfect example of being in the right place at the right time. He joined the Clinton team right after its lowest point (the '94 midterms) and got to take credit for getting Bill re-elected in the midst of a booming economy against an uninspiring opponent. You'd think basically being fired for incompetence by the Gore campaign would've ended his chances of working with national campaigns, but finishing that job may have been the best thing to come out of Hillary's 2008 campaign. I won't miss his pithy names for THE key swing demographic this cycle.

Is that really a gain though? How many gays are voting for Trump?

Gay republicans, like Black republicans do exist- but there isn't a statistically significant amount of them.

Tying Trump to Pence's homophobic comments is going to be more useful to persuade heterosexual moderates that are on the fence and possibly uncomfortable with that kind of attitude even if they aren't gay themselves.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago
Bernie should pull his endorsement of Crooked Hillary after she decieved him and then attacked him and his supporters.

Wasn't Enten hyping up that ABC/WaPo poll? Are we sure these state polls won't be about what voters in Florida and North Carolina think who won the debate?

Monmouth will have several state polls this week, Monday is the first of them.

Don't know the states and how many of them.

This weekend sucked, not even a CBS/YouGov cheap online poll.

But good news! Rassss has a daily tracker poll!

So Rasssss every morning!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump: bernie pull your endorsement
Bernie: Hillary's right about what she said
Trump: crazy bernie!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Tying Trump to Pence's homophobic comments is going to be more useful to persuade heterosexual moderates that are on the fence and possibly uncomfortable with that kind of attitude even if they aren't gay themselves.
Bingo. It's useful to remind people that despite some lip service Trump has given regarding LGBTQ rights, he went and chose Pence as his running mate. You can't ignore what that says.

Is that really a gain though? How many gays are voting for Trump?
Probably about 20% of the population that identifies as LGBT, to be honest. Republicans usually get around there, and I assume Trump will too. But, that's not the point. HB2 in NC i s one of the reasons we have a great shot at flipping the state, getting the Senate seat and taking back the Governorship. Homophobia is, surprisingly, getting less and less acceptable, especially with moderates, college educated whites and women. almost everyone knows someone who is gay or has a family member who is gay. This transcends nationality, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, religion and race. There may be a few people out there who are terrified of Trump, but they think Pence will be in control so they're still open to vote. Dad needs to go in and make Pence just as gross as Trump.

Interestingly, the one issue in which I don't think Trump is a total asshole is LGBT issues. I genuinely do not think he has a problem with gay people. He's attacked Rosie for many, many things, but he's never (so far as I know) brought up her sexuality as something to use against her.

Iolo

I continue to think the VP debate will have no effect other than to use up one to two precious remaining days of media oxygen.

BigAl1992

I actually work for an independent pollster that collects the raw data for like half of these polls lol

we just finished Colorado a few hours ago!

Care to divulge what the stats look after this week? Within reason of course, no need for any NDAs or the sort to be broken.

Iolo

anyway, the USC poll continues to show no debate bump whatsoever for Hillary, and Colombia voted against peace, and Brexit, so fuck

Rob Portman: "Trade is good."
John Kasich: "Trump should lick my asshole."
*Portman and Kasich dominate elections in Ohio*

.... Trump still leads by 1.

Trump doing so badly in Colorado and Virginia while massively outspending Hillary in those states is interesting from a political science research perspective.

Sadsic

have you been reading this thread the whole time? I've never see you but thanks for the info.

ive been lurking for a good few years lol

Care to divulge what the stats look after this week? Within reason of course, no need for any NDAs or the sort to be broken.

we dont really do any analysis in house here, we do have a national poll that starts tomorrow though

overall it looks closer nationally than it should i think from what ive seen in the last week, but the battleground states mostly lean hillary so im pretty confident on her winning

Holmes

I'd feel good about a 1% deficit with Clinton's ground game but I'll wait until the interviews and weighting are complete first.

These "With Her" Podcasts are just amazing.

Listening to her talk about how she's just used to the shit people say about her constantly is heartbreaking though. Queen will get her revenge, but god damn.. When I stop and think about the shit she's dealt with for 30 years it infuriates me. Just ridiculous.

Y2Kev

Sadsic, do you know the weights that will be applied? Like not exactly obviously, but how has data moved in the past?

I mean for all we know that Trump +1 could turn into Clinton + 3.

Sadsic, do you know the weights that will be applied?

I mean for all we know that Trump +1 could turn into Clinton + 3.

That would be up to the pollster.

Edit: In college, I used to work for a call center that did polls. (For like two months). And, we'd get he numbers and then send them to the client. The'd then do what they wanted to them. I assume it's still the same.

Raw data doesn't mean much unless the person is up by double digits then you may be able to assume they are at least leading. Weightings make big differences.

Y2Kev

That would be up to the pollster.

Edit: In college, I used to work for a call center that did polls. (For like two months). And, we'd get he numbers and then send them to the client. The'd then do what they wanted to them. I assume it's still the same.

Yeah but if historically you have raw data of X and the final result is always X + 3 then it can be useful to tell us! But I guess it can never move uniformly given the samples are different.

Sadsic

im feeling a little nervous on releasing this info, i erased the original post - might let a few interesting things slip here and there in the future tho

They are on GAF. Especially younger reporters and a lot of GAF watches these threads even if they dont post.

NeoGAF is up there with Reddit when it comes to places often used as a source for news stories--mostly the Gaming side, but it's indicative of the fact that this forum is monitored by media outlets.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The Colombian result is bumming me the fuck out. Makes Brexit look like peanuts. Sometimes there's just no joy in the world, and 2016 has just been such a shitty year. :(

NeoXChaos

Being a top 5 driver to HillaryClinton.com, I'm sure there are a few. I'm willing to bet Keepin it 1600 peeps at least lurk.

Also we know cesare works for or is close to the Clinton Campaign.

Unless Cesare or Cybit ever directed them to PolIGAF I doubt it. Then again idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom