• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Banned
Man, today Cyanity is looking back at past Cyanity who used to admire Assange. The guy has gone full unhinged since then. I guess living in an Ecuadorian embassy for the better part of a decade will do that to you.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I also find it amusing that apparnetly the only website they could get to host the story was truepundit.com

Man, today Cyanity is looking back at past Cyanity who used to admire Assange. The guy has gone full unhinged since then. I guess living in an ecuadorian embassy for the better part of a decade will do that to you.

We all know how a well-intentioned Assange took refuge in the Ecuadorian Embassy and discovered a passageway to a fantasy land that reshaped his worldview. Like Pan's Labrynth or Narnia or Fraggle Rock or something. Straight up Julian Assange in Wonderland. He's been weird since then. He moved his armoir in front of the miniature doorway, but sometimes he still finds snow on his bedroom floor.

Wilsongt

Well played, NYT. Putting Trump's taxes and Clinton's attack on Bill's mistresses on the front page so Fox didn't have to focus on the tax story!

The Great Leaking has begun:

pFGTUz9.png

THIS is his story?

lmao

ahahahaha

Holmes

Good numbers from Morning Consult. They're usually a bit pro-Trump but they do catch the trendz pretty well. I think the weekly MSNBC/Survey Monkey poll is releasing this afternoon.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My goodness, Drudge has turned into a southern backwoods racist newspaper all of a sudden.

Emarv

This is honestly way higher than I would have expected. Even if they just turn it off after 20 minutes.

Brad Adgate
@badgate
Average Audience TV (in millions) Vice Presidential debates #Nielsen

2012- 51.4
2008- 69.9
2004- 43.5
2000- 28.5
1996- 26.6
1992- 51.2

Mac_Lane

This is honestly way higher than I would have expected. Even if they just turn it off after 20 minutes.

Brad Adgate
@badgate
Average Audience TV (in millions) Vice Presidential debates #Nielsen

2012- 51.4
2008- 69.9
2004- 43.5
2000- 28.5
1996- 26.6
1992- 51.2

Dat Lieberman-Cheney debate back in 2000 must have been a snorefest.

I'm calling 80-90 million for VP debate viewership this year. Even if both VPs are dry as toast.

I think it'll be closer to 2012 than to 80-90 million. If Trump and Clinton barely got over 80m and they're far and above a more interesting story than the VPs.

Also, the interest in Sarah Palin overshadowed even McCain a little bit in 2008, and I don't think the 2016 debate will be even close to it.

Teggy

I'm assuming there will be a different Wikileaks story for the announcement.

I'm still bedwetting until then, because I have to.

Emarv

Aren't the 81-84 million numbers lowballing it? I thought I remember reading that those numbers didn't even include streaming. Just the networks combined. I have to imagine millions more watched it online in some ways. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Aren't the 81-84 million numbers lowballing it? I thought I remember reading that those numbers didn't even include streaming. Just the networks combined. I have to imagine millions more watched it online in some ways. Maybe I'm mistaken.

They don't, but stream numbers get a little muddy because of international viewers.

My guess is, more than 100 million people probably watched the debate. But I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom