• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

FL Senate

Rubio 47
Murphy 40

Coker also credits Rubio’s strong showing among the state’s Hispanic voters for boosting his lead over Murphy. Hispanics favor Rubio over Murphy, 53-38 percent, a margin that is helping Rubio draw 16 percent of Democratic voters.
“It is extremely difficult now for a Democrat to win in Florida while losing the Hispanic vote,” said Coker in a statement accompanying the release of his firm’s latest poll numbers in the Senate race.

Among Hispanic voters in the presidential contest, Hillary Clinton is leading Donald Trump, 64-29 percent, a margin that Coker says is the “primary reason” the former secretary of state is keeping a statewide edge over the billionaire businessman.
Interviews were done with 820 registered voters, from Sept. 27-29, on landlines and cellphones. The poll’s margin of error was 3.5 percentage points.

http://www.politico.com/states/flor...e-race-grows-to-7-points-106008#ixzz4M1nSQm7R

Emarv

They don't, but stream numbers get a little muddy because of international viewers.

My guess is, more than 100 million people probably watched the debate. But I don't think we'll ever know for sure.
Yeah, that makes sense. But you'd still think that someone would seek out the numbers from big sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc, and try to come up with a better number than just repeating 84 million over and over.

dramatis

Giuliani described the conversations over salad and sandwiches as intense but informal. He said Trump sat with Christie, Priebus and his “usual group” but did not hold a mock town-hall debate.

“That’s the way he likes to do it. That’s the way he’s most comfortable preparing,” Giuliani said of the circle of friends and staff members.
Isn't the point of preparing for the debate to get used to being uncomfortable? Does Trump think Hillary will make him comfortable? lol

Emarv

Isn't the point of preparing for the debate to get used to being uncomfortable? Does Trump think Hillary will make him comfortable? lol
The point is that Trump hates feeling insecure or dumb. He just wants to be surrounded by yes men and not have to ever practice at anything where he might look unprepared in front of his peers.

Let's be real. He's still not really preparing for the debate. He's just getting pointers from his group on do's and dont's but no real prep.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Those "TrumpedinAmerica" ads being run in Ohio are so, so good. The one about the guy getting screwed out of $30000 by Trump is fantastic.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
About that Drudge story:

Justin Green Verified account
‏@JGreenDC

Fun fact: Back in 1999, @DRUDGE_REPORT broke the story that the paternity test proved he *WAS NOT* Bill Clinton's son

Not enough LOLs in the world.

Yes, those need to be run nationwide.

100% agreed. Nothing does a better job of showing how he is screwing over the lower- and middle-class Americans.

ampere

Plouffe told us months ago, Obama 2012 + NC

Still looks pretty doable, though Ohio needs that LeBron magic to move back in our favor a bit

You know what would be useful

If 538 had a system where I could just click on the polling company and see the TRENDLINES™ of that specific poll.

I was looking at the recent Rass poll, and wanted to see the changes over a two week period, but it's too much effort to find older ones.

Cyanity

Banned
You know what would be useful

If 538 had a system where I could just click on the polling company and see the TRENDLINES™ of that specific poll.

I was looking at the recent Rass poll, and wanted to see the changes over a two week period, but it's too much effort to find older ones.

I feel like Trump's campaign would just find the trendlines that look good for him and use them almost exclusively to further muddy the polling waters.

edit - not to say that his campaign hasn't already been doing that

The Killary Droneton OT reminds me of an old friend who discounted all the positive things Obama had done in office because he drone strikes everyone. All the progress and positivity Obama brought meant nothing because he just happens to like drones over ground troops.

Have any other polls been announced to drop today?

The most infuriating race of the year. Pathetic performance from arguably the worst local state democrat party. I feel better from a national perspective after talking to a couple people involved on the "outside fringes" of that race but even still it's a missed opportunity with long term consequences.

To be fair, who else was there to run? That bench sucks.

NeoXChaos

Have any other polls been announced to drop today?

To be fair, who else was there to run? That bench sucks.

Gwen Graham

The most infuriating race of the year. Pathetic performance from arguably the worst local state democrat party. I feel better from a national perspective after talking to a couple people involved on the "outside fringes" of that race but even still it's a missed opportunity with long term consequences.

Infuriating. Maybe Murphy would have been better off if it was an open seat.

Cyanity

Banned
I hope the dems do some soul searching after this election. We need to stop trying to negotiate with the repubs and start putting our foot down on the issues that matter. Obama proved that stepping lightly doesn't work. Hopefully we start with solid SCOTUS picks.

Emarv

Can we blame DWS and the Florida Democratic Party? We haven't had a good DWS-related controversy in a while. Feels overdue.

Just voted, filled out the ballot and put it in the mail. Didn't even get a sticker, dang.

I-voted-sticker.jpeg

It kinda counts?

Bowdz

I hope the dems do some soul searching after this election. We need to stop trying to negotiate with the repubs and start putting our foot down on the issues that matter. Obama proved that stepping lightly doesn't work. Hopefully we start with solid SCOTUS picks.

Agreed. While I understand the logic behind it, I HATED the POLITICO article about Senate Dems pushing Clinton to renominate Garland to SCOTUS. The Dems are not going to be able to push through much at all unless they miraculously take back the House and thus, they need to play to the base on issues that they can control like SCOTUS nominations.

Also, let's remind ourselves it's just one side of the aisle that is praying and throwing random shit at Hillary. That's not the winning side. If you're winning, you don't do this ridiculous shit.

NeoXChaos

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...ill-win-marco-rubio-money-florida-senate-race

And yet Democrats say the biggest problem facing their Senate nominee in Florida is more fundamental: He isn’t well known — and he might not have the money to change that.

The 33-year-old’s campaign has money, but in a state of 20 million people and 10 media markets, his cash alone can’t close the name ID gap.

He needs help, but a key ally, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, has delayed a round of pro-Murphy TV ads slated to begin this month until mid-October. Among Murphy allies, there’s a palpable fear that the committee will abandon the race altogether.

Its absence — the DSCC was slated to spend $10 million in Florida — would exacerbate Murphy’s already potentially fatal problem.

“There used to be a school of thought in Florida that you had to lose statewide to win statewide,” said Steve Schale, a veteran Democratic strategist in Florida. “It’s not like an Iowa where you can build name ID by visiting communities. You have to buy name ID here or get it from longevity.”

----

Strategists say that if the DSCC abandons Florida, it will be as much about the size of the state as Murphy’s viability. The amount of money it takes to make a dent in Florida can be better spent on Senate races in cheaper states.

And, indeed, the DSCC this month announced multimillion-dollar investments in the Missouri, North Carolina, and Indiana Senate races — each considered a marquee 2016 battleground.

“Do you spend $20 million here or do you spend $20 million in four or five other states?” Schale asked. “That’s always the problem for a Florida-based campaign.”

SexyFish

Banned
Trump talking in Virginia. Still toting about the 200 supposed admirals and generals that will endorse him.

TALKING ABOUT THE CYBER.

Bowdz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom