• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's your new October Surprise, btw. Disclaimer: I've been watching this thing for a freaking week, waiting to call it that, but it was only this afternoon that the models actually took it toward hitting the US. Could do anything from hit east FL to slide up the coast like Sandy did and the track is very similar. It'll impact the entire east coast in some way, regardless.

AL142016_5W_023_0.GIF

Valhelm

contribute something
Can someone explain to me the Colorado demographic shifts? Where are all these new liberals coming from? Is it just generational, or is something attracting people from out of state?

I know that Virginia basically got invaded by Maryland and is now South Maryland.

it's the weed

serious answer: it's the weed

mo60

Combined with the absentee voting data, it does not look good for Dems.

Yeah. It doesn't look good but it's not a lost cause yet.

Here's your new October Surprise, btw. Disclaimer: I've been watching this thing for a freaking week, waiting to call it that, but it was only this afternoon that the models actually took it toward hitting the US. Could do anything from hit east FL to slide up the coast like Sandy did and the track is very similar. It'll impact the entire east coast in some way, regardless.

AL142016_5W_023_0.GIF

Could be a pretty damaging hurricane for the US(nowhere near as damaging as Sandy), but I expect a lot of the damage it causes will be in Haiti, DR, Cuba and Jamaica with Haiti and the DR dealing with the brunt of the storm. Will definitely will be a pretty powerful and possibly damaging storm to the US East coast if it does make landfall anymore on the US East Coast.

AL142016_5W_023_0.GIF
Goddamn fuck this hurricane.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

Trump is off to stock up on more Play-Doh I guess.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Chris Collins getting salty on CNN saying that nobody cares about what Trump lost over 20 years ago. Poll on screen shows over 70% of voters care about his tax info. Just repeats what he says...and something about Putin.

Can someone explain to me the Colorado demographic shifts? Where are all these new liberals coming from? Is it just generational, or is something attracting people from out of state?

I know that Virginia basically got invaded by Maryland and is now South Maryland.

It supports a very adventurous life style with its geography. I know lots of friends that want to move there for skiing, hiking, and the general youth of the state. I'm sure the legalization of pot has something to do with it too.

Cyanity

Banned

AL142016_5W_023_0.GIF

Oh boy, maybe us peons in Massachusetts will get more water out of this

Emarv

AL142016_5W_023_0.GIF

Awesome. Give Trump more excuses for bullshit photo ops.

If Hillary wins, I believe the demos will help her even more 2020.

Lots of moving targets, though, but for 2024 is Michelle Obama a good choice? That would pull the women-latino-black voters like no one else.

Also, here in Mexico, I think that Hill-Prez would just validate Margarita Zavala for Prez, specially after EPN's fuckery with Trumpsy

Lots of moving targets, though, but for 2024 is Michelle Obama a good choice? That would pull the women-latino-black voters like no one else.

Also, here in Mexico, I think that Hill-Prez would just validate Margarita Zavala for Prez, specially after EPN's fuckery with Trumpsy

Michelle would never run.

mo60

Mexico was going to ditch the EPN even if trump did not visit mexico awhile ago.

Cyanity

Banned

I highly doubt Michelle Obama wants to be anywhere near the white house ever again, after this election.
and the past eight years

Michelle would never run.
I highly doubt Michelle Obama wants to be anywhere near the white house ever again, after this election.
and the past eight years

Has she said so? there is plenty of time. But I guess you guys know best

Mexico was going to ditch the EPN even if trump did not visit mexico awhile ago.

Yes, but the question was more about who the opponent will be.

Valhelm

contribute something

Michelle Obama hasn't held elected office. Running two president's wives in a row isn't a good look.

I expect the 2024 Democratic candidate is currently a low-level congressperson or state rep. Possibly a millennial.

It's true and you're right. What I meant to stress was the "major party" thing, because Clinton should have this spotlight right now, but Stein seems to commit her existence to discredit Clinton's presence on the 2016 ballot by being there too and having nothing positive to say about her.

I admit it was an emotional post and I should have worded it better. I hope my overall point is still clear.
Oh I completely agreed with your post otherwise.

I just kind of reflexively do this. My cousin is a Stein voter. She's been on a tear recently about how fake it is for the media to act like Hillary is so important. "There is another woman running right now!"

I tried to explain why it's different and then got yelled at in all caps about how she's "an independent thinker going with her gut and we'll just have to agree to disagree" and hillary is really no better than trump. I probably pissed her off because the "argument" went on for about two days before a bunch of 21-24 year old friends of hers started jumping in. All with Stein rhetoric. That any military action is a war crime, that Obama is just as bad as any Republican, and they'll never vote lesser of two evils again. A couple of the people I thought that was funny... because this would be their first election.

I tried to show how this isn't a lesser evils election. But they were very adamant that it was. I just can't see how anyone can see it that way. Hills may not be a revolutionary figure, trying to maintain this stability we've had. Not evil. And then there's Trump. Campaigns on war crimes, violating the constitution, inciting hate and anger with his rhetoric. Yep. Def the air of evilness about him.

Meanwhile acting like a female candidate with a viable shot at the presidency is no big thing. "Because there's other female candidates." That have absolutely no shot at even hitting 3% nationwide! Grrr. I'm a millennial, but I really hate millennials.

Michelle Obama hasn't held elected office. Running two president's wives in a row isn't a good look.

I expect the 2024 Democratic candidate is currently a low-level congressperson or state rep. Possibly a millennial.

2024 has a lot of people possibly in play for Dems. Lots of good up and comers coming up the pike. Also Kaine is always an option.

Emarv

I'd bet Michelle stays out of all major politics from here on out. I'd be surprised if she ever gave a major political speech again. I wouldn't be money on her speaking at the 2020 convention or doing ads/campaigning for 2020. Barack will, but I feel like Michelle is done after this.

mo60

Oh I completely agreed with your post otherwise.

I just kind of reflexively do this. My cousin is a Stein voter. She's been on a tear recently about how fake it is for the media to act like Hillary is so important. "There is another woman running right now!"

I tried to explain why it's different and then got yelled at in all caps about how she's "an independent thinker going with her gut and we'll just have to agree to disagree" and hillary is really no better than trump. I probably pissed her off because the "argument" went on for about two days before a bunch of 21-24 year old friends of hers started jumping in. All with Stein rhetoric. That any military action is a war crime, that Obama is just as bad as any Republican, and they'll never vote lesser of two evils again. A couple of the people I thought that was funny... because this would be their first election.

I tried to show how this isn't a lesser evils election. But they were very adamant that it was. I just can't see how anyone can see it that way. Hills may not be a revolutionary figure, trying to maintain this stability we've had. Not evil. And then there's Trump. Campaigns on war crimes, violating the constitution, inciting hate and anger with his rhetoric. Yep. Def the air of evilness about him.

Meanwhile acting like a female candidate with a viable shot at the presidency is no big thing. "Because there's other female candidates." That have absolutely no shot at even hitting 3% nationwide! Grrr. I'm a millennial, but I really hate millennials.

Jill stein probably has no shot at hitting even 0.50% nationwide in this election.

Allard

She has stated in no uncertain terms she would never run for office, she absolutely detests politics culture of Washington DC.

Booker is my guess at the moment, though he has to get married since the American public for some reason hates the idea of a single president.

Joeytj

Banned

Fellow Mexican here. I know the common political consensus has Zavala gaining if Hillary wins, but I'm not so sure, although she scored some points in her favor from the anti-EPN crowd with her quick condemnation of Trump's visit to Mexico.

AMLO meanwhile, has been unusually quiet about Trump and other issues that aren't just bashing EPN, and that's keeping him from being relevant.

Nevada

@RalstonReports

Partisan edge by registration:
2008 final: Ds +8.4 percent
2012 final: Ds +7.2 percent
2016 now: Ds +5.6 percent

Trend with a capital T.

I don't like Kaine. But I didn't like HRC at the time. Too many targets.

I think 2020 is a dem lock if things continue as they are.

Sixteen years of a Democratic hold on the White House would be amazing. We could end up with a SCOTUS with seven liberal judges, and only two conservatives. I think Kennedy will retire in the next four to eight years, and I think Thomas could be thinking about leaving, especially after Scalia's death.

2024 has a lot of people possibly in play for Dems. Lots of good up and comers coming up the pike. Also Kaine is always an option.

Kamala Harris 2024

Dems actually hold the white house until 2032, after a disastrous 2028 when an 82 year old Donald Trump wins the nomination and loses his fourth and final bid for the white house against Kamala Harris. In an electoral landslide not seen since 89. Kamala became president at the beginning of Tim Kaines 2nd term. He resigns citing "Personal family issues".

Is Nevada a lock?

I believe so. Demographics alone, it's only at 65% non-hispanic white population. Also high mormon population, which Trump has problems with.

edit: Lots of factors to it's voting, super hard to poll due to the transient nature of its population in LV, and as mentioned below, the great Harry Reid ass-saving democratic machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom