• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Banned
Less than 30% voting rate in 2010? Yes.

There are so many reasons that young people don't vote. And honestly, I'm kind of glad that they don't. We don't need completely uninformed edit - (or easily manipulated) voters at the polling booths. Even if it takes a couple years for them to get there.

Toxi

Banned
Are we seriously still blaming young people for the republicans holding the House and Senate? The group of people who pushed Bernie and his local politics angle through the primary season, and who will end up being the future of our political landscape? Seriously?
Youth voter turnout went from absurdly high in 2012 to absurdly low in 2014.

Yee gads.

The joke is okay now, even slightly funny, but I had to edit so many times to fix tiny stupid mistakes that it is ruined! RUINED!

So... good polls today?

Lotsa fun ones yeah?

Ohio... you disgust me.

Diablos

Trump seemed quite relaxed at the veterans thing. Saw the clip just now. This Trump could be a lot more effective in the town hall.

Cyanity

Banned
Trump seemed quite relaxed at the veterans thing. Saw the clip just now. This Trump could be a lot more effective in the town hall.

Trump while surrounded by a group of his supporters is not the same
as Trump while surrounded by undecided voters, with Hillary 10 feet away.

Cerium

I thought you didn't want to verb your username anymore?

Hillary has a literal team of psychologists helping her come up with ways to provoke him.

There's also a good chance he knew what the questions were going to be before they were asked. I assume they're smart enough to vet the questions first.

Grief.exe

This is not encouraging

Jim Sciutto ‏@jimsciutto 3h3 hours ago

Breaking: Hackers have attempted to access voter systems of 20 states, up from >12 last week, 23 states now asking DHS for help -DHS to #CNN

Cerium

This is not encouraging

Breaking: Hackers have attempted to access voter systems of 20 states, up from >12 last week, 23 states now asking DHS for help -DHS to #CNN

Why is any of this shit even connected to the internet?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Obama is going to be a valuable campaign asset for years. Which is why it's dumb that people want him on the Supreme Court.

I mean, I mostly don't care who specifically is on the Court, but Obama himself is actually a pretty poor choice for obvious reasons: he probably would be required to recuse himself pretty much constantly for stuff he passed, supported, opposed or vetoed.

NeoXChaos

Wait, how does this work? Our last redistricting round was in 2011.

and went into effect for the 2012, 2014, now 2016, then 2018, and finally 2020. The 2020 census redistricting takes place as the results of 2018 and 2020 elections legislatures and governors draw/approve the "new" maps for 2022, 2024, 2026, 2028 & finally 2030

*Republicans won in 2010 on the less gerrymandered 2000 redistricting maps.

2020 is the election that determines the people that vote for the 2022 maps. 2022 is with the new maps

2018 states legislatures and Govs with 4 year terms will be drawing the 2020 maps.

Cyanity

Banned
This is not encouraging

If registered voters show up on election day to find that they've been purged...oh man. Heads will roll.

Diablos

I thought you didn't want to verb your username anymore?

Hillary has a literal team of psychologists helping her come up with ways to provoke him.
Not worried about this to the extent that I think it's going to make Hillary crash in the polls. I'm just saying he would be a lot more competitive heading into the GE if he pulls this kind of act off well. Remains to be seen.

This is not encouraging

I think every day I'm going to check online to see if my voter registration is still recognized. This, along with some kind of attack, is what makes me "Diablos". FUCK this is so unsettling.

Toxi

Banned
Oh, well, hmm.
Youth vote surged in 2008 behind Obama.

Dropped like a rock in 2010.

Surged to record highs in 2012.

Dropped again to record lows in 2014.

It doesn't matter how passionate the Sanders camp seems, how much Sanders encouraged them to get into politics. Because in 2018, those people won't show up.

Owzers

Chris Matthews interviewing her is just insufferable.

Al he did was basically sit back and scowl while she rambled. Conway dismissed the AP story the same way Hillary dismissed allegations against Bill. Chris could have made that connection...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Only two weeks until Colorado mails out ballots.

Much as I enjoy going to a real polling place, I think this will be my first time voting by mail for the Presidential Election. Looks like they're only open from Nov 5-8 in my county.

Also got a look at the sample ballot...

VtMzJIH.png

So close.....

Cyanity

Banned
Can't wait to vote for not lighting our country on fire with a blowtorch, and also legalizing weed in Massachusetts come November.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
2024 has a lot of people possibly in play for Dems. Lots of good up and comers coming up the pike. Also Kaine is always an option.

I think Kaine would go for it if Clinton wins both 2016 and 2020.

Booker is my guess at the moment, though he has to get married since the American public for some reason hates the idea of a single president.

Ehh...Booker has some real baggage in NJ - I kinda think he's basically the black democrat version of Chris Christie - looks good from a distance, ends up being a terrible candidate.

Tim Kaine will run in 2024

Nominee will be someone we don't really know today

It'll be interesting thing - the bench is sort of wide open right now for the Democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom