• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI is rigged (for her pleasure):

Trump: "The investigation of Hillary Clinton was rigged. Hillary Clinton is the ringleader of a private criminal enterprise."

I hate that it is somehow OK to call your opponent a criminal like that. So terrible for democracy.

Speaking of which, I was listening to Fresh Air and someone noted that the pace of the partisan split is only accelerating, and it's not that this trend is new. It's been rapidly increasing for almost two decades. When does it stop and normalize again?

Iolo

It's a bad clip, but there's not really a killer soundbite in it.

Sure there is, don't play the part where she feels out an answer.

Ominous voice: Kelly Ayotte says Donald Trump is a role model for kids.

Q: Would you tell them to be like Donald Trump? Would you point to him as a role model?
Ayotte: Absolutely, I would do that.

*cut to well worn clips of Trump doing terrible things"

Voice: (rhetorically) Would you want your own kids to have this as a role model?

Ayotte: Absolutely, I would do that.

Voice: *concluding remark about how Kelly Ayotte is wrong for New Hampshire, or whatever*

The fact that a disputed presidential race going to a 4-4 SCOTUS would mean that composition of the lower courts would be significant. I've referred to this before, thankful that Obama has tilted most of the lower federal courts..
Ya, but this seems so far removed from what I'd think she'd want to talk about tonight, it's just...odd. I mean, only liberals would worry about this. Which, I don't think she's worried about it, but she's really spending 8 minutes on this? Really?

HylianTom

Banned
Ya, but this seems so far removed from what I'd think she'd want to talk about tonight, it's just...odd. I mean, only liberals would worry about this. Which, I don't think she's worried about it, but she's really spending 8 minutes on this? Really?
Ha, in that case.. yeah.. I don't know why she used this approach on her topic tonight either. It's a rather oblique angle, and really really unlikely.

Edit:
Now she's covering the surrogate differential! It's like she's tapped into my brain!

So we didn't get damaging Clinton news from Assange today, apparently he's gonna speak in Berlin 3AM EST. But will it really be damaging, considering Trump is continuing to implode with Taxes and PTSD? Wonder what these "documents" will show us. October is such an anxiety-filled month during election years, considering how it's a month before the main event, and almost anything negative can make a candidate drop like a rock.

Speaking of which, I was listening to Fresh Air and someone noted that the pace of the partisan split is only accelerating, and it's not that this trend is new. It's been rapidly increasing for almost two decades. When does it stop and normalize again?
After the 2nd Civil War of 2017.

Ha, in that case.. yeah.. I don't know why she used this approach on her topic tonight either. It's a rather oblique angle, and really really unlikely.

Edit:
Now she's covering the surrogate differential! It's like she's tapped into my brain!

Like, this is rambly. There is no point to this. I mean, these things are disjointed. "What if it's a super close election?" followed by polling showing that it's not. "Okay, but that's one metric. What about surrogates?"

It's weird.

I saw somebody on facebook who said a 3rd party vote would show others that it's viable.

I had to go off on this. This is a college educated person. I told him nah bro, that's not how it works nor how the constitution works. Having 3 parties soak votes and none of them reaching the majority, would only allow the House to vote in the President, in which case it would be Trump.

It's like, how can people be this uneducated about politics. Like, why. I had to vent. This election is giving me a hemorrhage.

AniHawk

i'm hoping the split normalizes into something like this:

1031129.jpg

Still waiting for a source that's not Roger Stone or sourcing Roger Stone to claim that anything is even being released during this press conference, which had always been scheduled due to the 10th anniversary of wikileaks and is being advertised as such by the organization itself. It's the mindless herd mentality that's upsetting me at this point.

Anno

So is Pence actually going to follow up on this awful anti-Kaine ad tomorrow? Like I don't understand how he makes that stick for anyone they actually need to convert to their side. Going full Willie Horton seems super weird.

I saw somebody on facebook who said a 3rd party vote would show others that it's viable.

I had to go off on this. This is a college educated person. I told him nah bro, that's not how it works nor how the constitution works. Having 3 parties soak votes and none of them reaching the majority, would only allow the House to vote in the President, in which case it would be Trump.

It's like, how can people be this uneducated about politics. Like, why. I had to vent. This election is giving me a hemorrhage.

Some people have just completely made shit up based on their own guesses for the 3-way split vote. The most common thought is that whoever gets the most votes wins, majority be damned. Super incorrect.

I'm glad Rachel is pissed about this. I'm a fan of that. But from a purely rhetorical standpoint, she needed to cut the entire first half of this, and just start directly with the Trump veteran comments. The whole "close election 2000" thing was.....misplaced.

Some people have just completely made shit up based on their own guesses for the 3-way split vote. The most common thought is that whoever gets the most votes wins, majority be damned. Super incorrect.

Yeah it's like

Politics isn't that simple. Don't listen to your damn tv when they tell you it's that simple. Don't listen to the people who are campaigning as 3rd party who tell you it's that easy.

And it's not this person thinking like that. I've seen far too many people who think voting 3rd party is going to do shit. "Oh well you know, we have to send a message that we won't stand for two parties that are practically the same".

It doesn't help that the majority of people I've noticed saying that, come from a position of privilege where their lives wouldn't be affected either way more or less. It's like fuck, man.

Valhelm

contribute something
349px-ElectoralCollege1960.svg.png

What the hell.

This is really, really interesting.

Isn't it weird that American partisanship has almost always been more about social identity (religion, race, progressiveness) rather than class identity? I guess the two party system kills any chance of a viable working class organization.

Emarv

I'm just not attracted to Kayleigh. I think it's that type of bleach blonde that doesn't work for me. Same issue I have with Tomi Lahren, who people go crazy over.

Bring back the true conservative vixen, S. E. Cupp. The true bae.

Crocodile

I just saw the NRA ad in Cleveland. Are.........are they allowed to just lie like that? Like literally nothing they said was true. It was pure fear-mongering!

Yeah it's like

Politics isn't that simple. Don't listen to your damn tv when they tell you it's that simple. Don't listen to the people who are campaigning as 3rd party who tell you it's that easy.

And it's not this person thinking like that. I've seen far too many people who think voting 3rd party is going to do shit. "Oh well you know, we have to send a message that we won't stand for two parties that are practically the same".

It doesn't help that the majority of people I've noticed saying that, come from a position of privilege where their lives wouldn't be affected either way more or less. It's like fuck, man.
Many of the people you're talking about, it's most likely their first foray into real election politics. 'This dude is saying we need to stop messing in middle east? He's saying government should get out of our bedrooms? He's also saying legalize weed? hey guys, I think I found my guy!'

They will come out of it in a few months. I started as a Ron Paul supporter. I'll hold my L's till the end of time.

Prediction for the next presidential debate: Trump will be aggressively in Hillary's face so much at one point he'll accidentally sit down in her chair.

Kusagari

I'm just not attracted to Kayleigh. I think it's that type of bleach blonde that doesn't work for me. Same issue I have with Tomi Lahren, who people go crazy over.

Kayleigh is objectively attractive but also has crazy eyes.

Holmes

The thing about the town hall debate is that Trump objectively cannot stand still for one fucking second, so what will he do while Clinton is answering questions? Pace? Bounce on his chair? Get in her face and say "that's not true!"?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
CNN:

8 out of 10 Trump supporters consider paying taxes a civic duty

http://electiontracker.cnn.com/share/page/57f2bbc926acfa0100267af7

8 in 10 Trump supporters? Okay, that's gotta be an outlier. Either that or Trump fans like fucking around with CNN pollsters.

She's also got a big forehead.

I think I like you.

The thing about the town hall debate is that Trump objectively cannot stand still for one fucking second, so what will he do while Clinton is answering questions? Pace? Bounce on his chair? Get in her face and say "that's not true!"?

Do we know what they'll be sitting on? stools? chairs? what's the stage look like?

Boke1879

8 in 10 Trump supporters? Okay, that's gotta be an outlier. Either that or Trump fans like fucking around with CNN pollsters.

She's also got a big forehead.

I think I like you.

I can believe it. They'll still vote for Trump and they'll justify it by saying he's a business genius.

Iolo

Trump supporters haven't gotten the message yet—give it a couple weeks and it'll be patriotic to skip out on taxes, just like Republicans are now really sweet on Putin.

Thing with Sippy Cupp is that she's likeable despite being on the other team. She doesn't support Trump and can be funny. So it's easy to like her. Kayleigh though. It's very complicated. She's totally on the Trump kool-aid.

I live in PA. I don't have cable at home but I was at my parents house over the weekend watching Football and I was shocked that I did not see any Presidential campaign ads. Is either candidate spending any money in PA? Don't get me wrong it was refreshing and I know the polls have consistently put PA out of reach for Trump since the conventions but I found it odd just because with the battleground status, this close to an election, I'm accustomed to an onslaught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom