• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think Pence is going to have to defend a lot of Trump stuff, so that'll probably destroy the illusion of the alternate timeline you'll have going. I agree that a Kaine/ Pence debate in a vacuum could be interesting. Pence has a tougher record to defend for undecideds, though. I'm curious to see how good Kaine is at attacking while maintaining the nice-guy persona.

Hopefully Joe has been Kaine's coach.

Calling it now: Missouri will be the most bizarre state on Nov. 8th. Elects a Democrat for governor and senator, yet still votes for Trump.

please

kess

The Lehigh Valley battleground region in PA has a fairly diverse electorate -- Allentown is, according to the the 2010 census, 42% Hispanic. Bethlehem and Easton are about 20% each.

Iolo

If Russia invades Estonia in 2018 with Hillary as president, should we send ground troops?

Tallinn is Burning

“What I can say at this time,” Sec. Flournoy told reporters, “is that both US troops and troops of our NATO allies have lost their lives at Russian hands.”

Does that mean we’re at war with Russia?

“These are flagrant acts of war,” Flournoy said. “As Secretary of Defense, constitutionally, I can’t – it’s not my place to go further than that. The President will speak for herself when she addresses the nation tonight.”

On August 6th, the Estonian government formally invoked Article V of the NATO charter, saying it was under “armed attack” – though it did not officially say by whom – and asked for aid. To many observers’ surprise, it came. The President announced she would deploy an Air Force squadron and an Army brigade to the Baltics.

Kaine easily has the advantage tomorrow. What can Pence even bring up to distract from his own controversy? I guess he can keep bringing up Hillary but at a certain point he's going to have to go after Kaine if he keeps hitting him with attacks on his record as governor like the anti LGBT bill and his refusal to pardon that guy who was found innocent.

Debirudog

I really hope Trump does bad. If he does a decent job (Hillary does better), get ready for the instant polls. It seems people are willing to give him a pass for being presentable.

Trump can only manage to hold his own for 20 minutes. I have no doubt he's going to falter again.

mo60

Looks like Matthew is going to overshadow the VP debate. Shame. Daddy Kaine's dragging of Pence needs to be everywhere.

It probably won't but it may overshadow the second presidential debate. The debates are fun to watch but I rather people not watch them if they have other things to worry about.

Calling it now: Missouri will be the most bizarre state on Nov. 8th. Elects a Democrat for governor and senator, yet still votes for Trump.

please

It's possible the momentum from the governor and senate races helps hillary a lot in that state.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The man attacked PTSD victims as weak in a fluff piece fake ass town hall filled with plants, and you think he's gonna go 90 minutes without issue?

Russia will never invade a NATO state. But if Estonia invoked article 5, we'd have to.

Better question would be what would our objective be.

The US hasn't abandoned its policy of using nuclear weapons to deter invasions of NATO states, it wouldn't come to conventional warfare.

Teggy

Donald Trump contributed 10 times as much money as was allowed by law to the 2006 gubernatorial campaign of Florida’s then-Attorney General Charlie Crist, according to a Huffington Post review of state campaign finance records.

The donations that exceeded the limit were all made on the same day through companies Trump owns. Trump did not disclose the connection, and regulators did not identify the gifts as coming from Trump. All told, Trump made nine contributions of $500 to Crist’s campaign on Aug. 25, 2005, for a total of $4,500. At the time, the maximum allowable donation in Florida from an individual or corporation was $500, a sum that Trump had already given Crist’s campaign as a personal donation in June of that year.

HuffPost first identified three of the nine companies last month, and has since identified another six Trump companies that made contributions over the legal limit. “It’s pretty clear in this case that Trump was secretly buying influence without regard to the rules,” said Brendan Fischer, associate counsel at the nonprofit Campaign Legal Center.

Emarv

Was glancing through the responses for Ayotte's retraction tweet and saw PoliGAF's own Boke18 (recognized the avatar). Now I'm curious how many of you duders and dudettes tweet at politicians, also? Lol

Touchdown

Banned
Was glancing through the responses for Ayotte's retraction tweet and saw PoliGAF's own Boke18 (recognized the avatar). Now I'm curious how many of you duders and dudettes tweet at politicians, also? Lol

I tweeted Jake Tapper one time to tell him his show sucked.

Toxi

Banned
I feel like the shock of Trump's debate performance made the media find their balls. It's bizarre comparing pre- and post-debate coverage of the election.

Boke1879

If I see bullshit I'll definitely jump on it lol

johnsmith

remember me
I can't believe they delayed this Monday's 1600 because of the veep debate. I'm dying to hear them talk about all the stuff that went down this weekend.

The most important local proposition for me in CA is Measure M. It's one of the most ambitious transit plan in modern history, in Los Angeles no less. It will essentially double the current train lines, ensures maintenance funds for the future and they are permanent.

I'm a little apprehensive that there hasn't been any polling on this but I feel pretty confident it will pass.

Pot legalization and death penalty one are tied at second.

tuffy

I feel like the shock of Trump's debate performance made the media find their balls. It's bizarre comparing pre- and post-debate coverage of the election.
I believe it was a little earlier than that. Once Trump tried to pass off that hotel opening as some sort campaign event, it seemed like the media collectively had enough of him. It was like flipping a switch.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
We'll see about the Meida.

I'm still not convinced that with Hillary doing so much better in the polls that they wont revisit the horserace narrative, and start ignoring everything Trump does.

Chichikov

The US hasn't abandoned its policy of using nuclear weapons to deter invasions of NATO states, it wouldn't come to conventional warfare.
Not that I think there's a realistic chance of Russia invading a NATO country, but if they ever do, ain't no way the US nuke anyone over a country like Estonia, even if Russian forces actually kills American tripwire forces.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not that I think there's a realistic chance of Russia invading a NATO country, but if they ever do, ain't no way the US nuke anyone over a country like Estonia, even if Russian forces actually kills American tripwire forces.

Agreed. We'd invade and force them back, but that's about it.

Emarv

We'll see about the Meida.

I'm still not convinced that with Hillary doing so much better in the polls that they wont revisit the horserace narrative, and start ignoring everything Trump does.

I'm just not sure they have time to do horserace stuff. Debate tomorrow, debate Saturday, early voting. He is quite literally running out of time to push any coherent media strategy at this point. It's all big events and then Trump playing defense because he has no unified attack or discipline.

Revolver

I believe it was a little earlier than that. Once Trump tried to pass off that hotel opening as some sort campaign event, it seemed like the media collectively had enough of him. It was like flipping a switch.

That did seem like the moment they realized he was playing them for fools.

Wow, Kayleigh on CNN is very subdued tonight. I think its dawning on her that Trump is done. She is agreeing that Trump goes too far, and that she gets frustrated when Trump goes off message. Wow.

The invasion wouldn't come out of nowhere, there would be signs and a nuclear response would be threatened. It'd trigger a diplomatic crisis and Russia would back down, but if they didn't the US isn't going to make their threats of nuclear deterrence toothless.

Agreed. We'd invade and force them back, but that's about it.
If only war between nuclear powers would be so clean. Especially since fighting Russia in northern Europe would be a daunting challenge even for the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom