• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my dreams KC keeps growing as a tech hub and STL finally gets its shit together and makes Missouri more competitive.

Those central states have really dropped the ball. Texas at least built up a lot of business hosting server farms and most places have servers available in in Texas, and for gaming sake Central US has always just been the term for "Dallas Server". Places like Missouri and Kansas could have easily gotten in on that, and then built up better infrastructure to accommodate an increase in tech jobs. Being completely central in the US definitely has benefits for a lot of tech companies, especially those where latency is an issue. Having equal speed/latency to LA and NYC is a big deal.

Zukkoyaki

Anyone worrying about the Assange announcement just needs a quick recap of what Wikileaks has said/released throughout this campaign...

March: Releases... Already released emails from the Clinton email investigation and passed them off as new.

May-June: Insists they have dirt that would end or indict Clinton. Nothing.

July: DNC email leak that wasn't actually related to Clinton which blew over in days. Released a bunch of voicemails of people talking weekend plans and what they're having for lunch.

August: Swears up and down that Clinton has ties to ISIS. Release and point to already released emails as "proof". Continue saying they have more but in a less diabolic manner.

September: Release more DNC emails that literally nobody outside of Fox News and the basket of deplorables gave a shit about.

October: Hype their 10-year anniversary and claim that Clinton wanted Assange killed by a drone.

It's going to be a nothingburger

What about Louisiana? Could it be a fourth pull from the South or does it just lack the incentives to pull in the educated urban whites?

I can't speak much for Louisiana, but Alabama and Tennessee are probably the furthest out of reach for the Democrats of all Southern states.

I think parts of Alabama are really sad. There are a lot of hollowed out small towns in the state that are clearly casualties of white flight.

Georgia has to be (and is) on the Dems radar

Forgot about Georgia, but with Louisiana, for whatever reason, it seems more shut off to the Dems. New Orleans and Red Stick can't seem to overcome the state (either they're not Democratic enough themselves or don't out-vote the state).

Russia isn't some push-over country that the US can fight like this. How do you use only drones against a country whose air force will be a real threat over its own air space unless the US fights hard for it and will mine the Baltic to hell?

Russia's military strength isn't terrible, but under no circumstances are we that concerned in a war with them (other than them nuking someone, but then we nuke them and win anyway. It'll just suck). They have a dilapidated military with poor infrastructure to keep it going. Ballistic missiles and drones are enough to pick at that infrastructure while you sweat them out.

As you mention, the Baltics take a big hit here, but the US isn't really going to care (much like we won't care enough if Estonia gets invaded to nuke people). Russia in such a situation isn't working from a position of power; they're the ones on the resource/time crunch, and they have to live with the destroyed infrastructure.

They won't win, and a lot of Russians will die, and so I think a political assassination followed by peace talks would be most likely. A US air campaign is brutal, and this is without allies who are already extremely close to the fight lending a hand (which they will).

If you get China to help (and I think they might since such a move would help them spread their influence over previously Russian-backed nations), and Russia is straight-up toast. It'd be over in less than a year.

Since the clinton campaign will be shutting down wednesday I know the perfect guy for the job
2waEI0l.png

studyguy

Brehs ain't no one got time for some Russian shill to cry wolf at 4am or whatever.

We already know Clinton is an Illuminati Lizardperson. Big Woop.

Wag

I'm resigned to the fact Trump will be our next President. I won't vote for him, and hoping he won't be- but it's looking more and more like he will win.

I've reached the point where I feel good enough about the actual poll numbers and projections that I'm confident HRC will win the election.

The only thing that troubles me now is how news relates to previous arguments I've had with my father.

The last time he and I argued, he said WikiLeaks had news that would end Hillary Clinton and I said we would just have to wait and see how WikiLeaks repeatedly has nothing but FOIA'd documents and conspiracy conjecture that means nothing to anybody.

So I don't want whatever WikiLeaks has (or doesn't have) to be real or valid because I actually fear it will be, but because I definitely don't want to lose that argument with my father.

What's the worst Assanges 'news' could be.

"Breaking: Hillary used to be a Republican"
"Breaking: Hillary is a woman, has been pregnant before"
"Breaking:Hillary wears a wig, she has Cancer."

I mean...if Hillary really was hiding something, I'm sure her and her campaign have figured 20 ways to counter it.

mackaveli

Couldn't Assange just release fake shit. Like how would anyone even verify what he leaks.

With all the leaks that have happened in the past wouldn't it be somewhat easy to fake some documents that they found etc.,?

sazzy

What's the worst Assanges 'news' could be.

"Breaking: Hillary used to be a Republican"
"Breaking: Hillary is a woman, has been pregnant before"
"Breaking:Hillary wears a wig, she has Cancer."

I mean...if Hillary really was hiding something, I'm sure her and her campaign have figured 20 ways to counter it.

The last supposed leak was to be a recording of Huma Abedin and Clinton accepting bribes from Saudi officials. On tape. With video. Full faces shown of all parties involved.

So this one is probably something like, Hillary is the reincarnation of Hitler.

sazzy

If I had to guess, the news has already been released: its the drone strike thing.

The news conf will be about the drone strike news.

Donald's pepes are still flapping their gills in anticipation because they know the drone strike news is shit.

mo60

No one will care about what assange says in a few hours with the vp debate ,debate 2, Trump's latest outburst or scandal and Hurricane Matthew all making headlines today and in the next few days or so.

The actual morning news at 5 eastern will be the hurricane watches that are about to be posted for the east Florida coast, so, well, good luck with that Assange. As if it's not going to be nothing anyway. Media has entirely blanked on this hurricane with so much Trump to cover, but I don't think ignoring is going to be an option for much longer (unfortunately).

Edit: I want to disclaimer that this isn't really a storm you could throw into a global warming discussion. It's one of those "can't tie to but if you asked a weather nerd (re: me) to explain it and let them ramble for a half hour they could come up with some vaguely supporting evidence as to how the warmer Atlantic is supporting this," so it's not a thing that should cause any new conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom