• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMungo

as we get closer to the election the probabilities should start to cement even further. Barring major scandals that is.

in 2012 Obama/Romney was a closer race, and I believe Nate Silver was steadfast in saying that election was _not_ a toss up.

I just want this election to be over

Toxi

Banned
That's what you call Big League Science
The ocean health one cracks me up.

"Ocean health"

There is growing concern over the decline of fisheries and the overall health of the ocean: scientists estimate that 90% of stocks are fished at or beyond sustainable limits, habitats like coral reefs are threatened by ocean acidification, and large areas of ocean and coastlines are polluted. What efforts would your administration make to improve the health of our ocean and coastlines and increase the long-term sustainability of ocean fisheries?

Trump does not mention the ocean, fish, fisheries, coral reefs or coastlines in his answer. Grade: 0/5

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mika's constant handwringing is liberalesque. She should just be happy Clinton is visible and confident instead of wondering if being in command is a sign of arrogance.

Honestly you could see her as a Nintendo fan complaining about arrogant Sony on gaming side.

The ocean health one cracks me up.

lol.

Question 20 is great.

20. SCIENTIFIC INTEGRITY

Evidence from science is the surest basis for fair and just public policy, but that is predicated on the integrity of that evidence and of the scientific process used to produce it, which must be both transparent and free from political bias and pressure. How will you foster a culture of scientific transparency and accountability in government, while protecting scientists and federal agencies from political interference in their work?

Clinton recognizes one of the largest issues in objective science: conflicts of interest that can lead to self-serving results. (A prime example: the recent realization that some companies had suppressed or redirected scientific findings regarding sugar's effect on coronary heart disease.) While her answer can use more detail, it demonstrates a willingness to fight for evidence-based knowledge rather than results that are politically or economically driven. Grade: 4/5

Trump says "science is science and facts are facts," and yet his campaign has repeatedly demonstrated an utter disregard for facts. His PolitiFact scorecard shows more than two thirds of his statements to be "Mostly False," "False," or "Pants on Fire," which is unprecedented in its evaluation of politicians. In an evaluation sent to us, a college instructor from Michigan characterized Trump's response to this question "as so simplistic that it made me concerned that he may not actually understand the scientific method or the government structures that support it." Grade: 0/5

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
The best part is that every time this happens and everyone declares that finally, this time, the pivot is real and permanent and it's time to freak the fuck out, it only makes it that much entertaining when he inevitably reverts back (and usually, doubles down) a few hours later. It's like he sees everyone call the pivot and he takes it as a personal challenge to prove them wrong in the most bombastic way possible.

Headline: "Trump pivots, kisses baby, salutes flag."

Trump: "I eat babies, you know. I do. I eat them, sometimes two or three times a day. They go right through me, very fatty, babies, like Alicia Machado, just full of fat, believe me. Good thing I have plenty of soft American flags to wipe with, right? They're great, I buy them cheap by the gross from Gyna. Great flags, those Gyinese. Babies, notsomuch, but great flags, really folks."
Posted at 3am from Android.

Sorry, it's really bothering me. It's Guyana and Guyanese that I believe you misspelled. But yes, you are right. He always reverts back.

Toxi

Banned
lol.

Question 20 is great.
"Science is science and facts are facts."

"Hey why did you give me a 0? Biased scientists, very unfair. I thought I was being fair and telling you guys what you wanted, I was showing a real deep respect for science. I love science. My 10 year old son is taking a science class, he's very smart, but I think we gotta stick to science and facts."

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, it's really bothering me. It's Guyana and Guyanese that I believe you misspelled. But yes, you are right. He always reverts back.
In the event you are not just kidding, it's a joke about how he pronounces China. It sounds like gy-na

Edit: poligaf how come CNN doesn't have anything on the front page about the Wikileaks bombshell that was going to end her presidential aspirations?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What a bump in Elon. Trashed it last week but now I'm sure it's a great pollster!!!

Edit: trump is a worse candidate than mcrory. Mcrory is a traditional shitbag republican. Penceish.

neoemonk

How hard is it to actually become a US Senator or Rep?

One thing I've read is to start with lower positions, and work your way up. What are some of these lower positions? Do these people have full time jobs and do their position on the side? At what level does governance actually become your job?

Brinbe

What a difference one week makes.
KuGsj.gif

How hard is it to actually become a US Senator or Rep?

One thing I've read is to start with lower positions, and work your way up. What are some of these lower positions? Do these people have full time jobs and do their position on the side? At what level does governance actually become your job?

Not all of them work up from lower positions. But it helps.

Rep is miles easier than Senator. Any ol' shlub can be a Representative from some random farm district. Senate is about as high as you can go without becoming speaker or president or something like that.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Morning Joe. They really hate Clinton huh. They basically compared Hilary's speech money to Trump possibily not paying taxes for 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom