• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
QmtKtz.png

Who knows if we even saw the real Wikileaks steam. I bet Hillary cybered the feed.

Too much Dank Buds

Emarv

Reid Wilson
@politicsreid

More from that Elon NC poll: Who won debate? Clinton 64, Trump 18. Who will win prez race? Clinton 62, Trump 26

Iolo

Mika's constant handwringing is liberalesque. She should just be happy Clinton is visible and confident instead of wondering if being in command is a sign of arrogance.

Honestly you could see her as a Nintendo fan complaining about arrogant Sony on gaming side.

Username: Mikachu

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Now Trump got caught massively underreporting his tax income?

Absolutely amazing.

neoemonk

Not all of them work up from lower positions. But it helps.

Rep is miles easier than Senator. Any ol' shlub can be a Representative from some random farm district. Senate is about as high as you can go without becoming speaker or president or something like that.

Our current rep has been elected three times and is running for a fourth this November. The campaigns are million dollar affairs, so it really seems unapproachable.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
nc went blue because trump is not appealing to people with education. I bet Romney would win it again this year.

Zukkoyaki

I just woke up, I thought the Wikileaks bombshell was supposed to happen on Wed?

Only Roger Stone said that. They had a hyped up 10 year anniversary stream scheduled for today that was basically an infomercial encouraging people to donate to them and pay to become "members" of some kind.

Teggy

I think only the ny post is reporting it because it's obviously mischaracterizing what he said.

Oh kellyanne is on the case. She is so brilliant and talented.

I don't know, I listened to the comments and they weren't exactly positive:

“You’ve got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care, and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half and it’s the craziest thing in the world,” the former president railed at a rally in Michigan on Monday.

Clinton also said the system is hurting moderately successful small businesses — the ones that aren’t doing poorly enough to be subsidized and fall just above the line.

“On the other hand, the current system works fine if you’re eligible for Medicaid, if you’re a lower-income working person. If you’re already on Medicare or if you get enough subsidies on a modest income that you can afford your health care,” Clinton said.

“But the people getting killed in this deal are the small-business people and individuals who make just a little bit too much to get any of these subsidies,” he added.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
anything think tim kaine is going to blow it tonight

I don't know about "blow it" but I think this board massively underestimates Pence's speaking ability. The guy had a radio show and knows how to debate. My guess is it is a draw.

Either Bill is getting taken off the cam aign trail, or Hillary's team is shifting toward this policy of fixing the ACA (which they absolutely should).

To be fair to Bill, he is 100% correct.

anything think tim kaine is going to blow it tonight

Nope. It might not be as resounding as it should be given the personality's involved but...he'll do good. He's good at this and easy to relate to. Of course Pence is a lot easier to relate to than Trump which benefits him too.

Plinko

It's not going to be a blowout unless Pence is forced to defend Trump without deflecting for a long period.

Also shut up Bill

Why? Hillary could easily campaign on fixing the massive problems. Admitting that middle -class and self-employed got royally screwed by ACA is actually going to appeal to those people.

BiggNife

I would not be surprised if the anti-trans bill was a factor in turning NC blue. There seems to be a whole lot of animosity towards McCrory lately because of it, and it could cause him to lose in November.

And to that I say...good. That bill made me goddamn furious and McCrory's "oh it's no big deal" attitude about it was even more infuriating.

Emarv

Elaine Quijano is moderating tonight. First ever Asian American moderator. Pretty dope.

I've seen her a few times on CBSN and she's seems pretty solid in terms of anchoring. Never really seen her press a politician though, but it's been a while since I've watched them and they never really got big interviews.

PBY

Banned
Nothing interesting is going to happen tonight.

edit: I take it back; Pence could be dicey on gay rights, and Kaine could be awkward on the public option.

Outside of that meh.

gaugebozo

Scientific American judged how good each presidential candidate was on science:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/grading-the-presidential-candidates-on-science/

Gary Johnson understands nuclear power and nothing else, Trump is the dumbest candidate ever to run for president, Hillary is fine science-wise, Jill Stein is up and down.

Holy shit. It's clear he just doesn't have policies for all of the categories he got a zero in. No energy policy? The fuck?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Is Time Kaine entirely clean on this, though? I know he has a checkered past with Abortion.

Yeah, but Pence is futher right on abortion than Kaine ever was.

I think he'll be able to paint Pence as a hate monger with an aw shucks attitude. And I'm sure he is planning on forcing Pence to defend Trump all day long.

Only Roger Stone said that. They had a hyped up 10 year anniversary stream scheduled for today that was basically an infomercial encouraging people to donate to them and pay to become "members" of some kind.

Oh ok thanks!

Sometimes these political threads move too fast.

Boke1879

To be honest he's right. It's helped millions of people but the system isn't perfect and in a perfect world where congress worked this would have been improved on over the years.

And honestly this message may just resonate with people especially coming from Bill. Hillary can easily campaign in this. Say it's helped people but it can be improved and go from there.

Kid Heart

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm glad to see Assange's surprise was that he wanted to waste everybody's time. I figured it couldn't be anything important if he had to hype it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom