• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the power of the modern media in a nutshell. Hardly anybody has heard a lot of Trump's housing discrimination history despite multiple front page stories.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct7colGXgAAdw9Q?format=jpg&name=large[/i

I think this also shows the right wing media's ability to cocoon 30% or so of the population from news that doesn't fit their world view. These people only watch Fox News and listen to right wing radio so they don't hear about Trump's scandals.

There's nothing post-debate though, so there really isn't anything to compare it to. I don't think she's up 6 in NC, but I also don't think there is any comparable polling in GA.

Agreed but it remains to be seen if her bump is just the usual post-debate bump or something more durable.

HylianTom

Banned
I went through the #OctoberSurprise hashtag this morning after arriving at work. It was quite a nice collection of meltdowns.. very revealing. They know that Trumpy is electoral toast without some sort of x-factor - a black swan, divine intervention.. whatever you want to call it - you could tell by the desperate tone. All sorts of deplorable-tagged folks, praying for outside help. They're a ton more emboldened by Trump, and seeing Hillary win is going to break them.

Holmes

clinton with a wider lead than cooper? that's a pretty weird result
Well, Clinton's lead is wider than Cooper but they're both underperforming the candidates for governor (45 < 48, 39 < 44). I do think Cooper will win with a larger margin than Hillary because he appeals to a certain demographic that she doesn't. I can see Cooper winning by 8%, Clinton by 4-5% and Ross by 2-3% with the Democrats' superior ground game vs the Republicans' non-existant one.

https://votecompass.vox.com/

Vox just launched an actually useful political compass

The old one was infuriating

This is so much better than the old one that tried to convince everyone that they were actually a libertarian (and maybe they had some libertarian leanings, but in the classical philosophical sense, not in the way we use the term in modern American politics).

HB2 lit a fire under everyone's asses.

It's especially pronounced in the cities and the inner burbs of the cities. No one is standing aside in this election and you can expect turnout to be through the roof in the state's most populated areas.

HB2 took away the abilities for cities to pass rules that align with the actual cultural fabric of the city. We already kind of didn't like the more rural parts of the state because they were backward, uneducated shitshows, now we're livid because they are imposing their corrosive, incompatible morality on us through HB2.

xeoNLPf.png

They have a good source?
Read Rebecca Berg's feed
Rebecca Berg&#8207; @rebeccagberg
TL;DR - Trump basically used his private foundation like a PAC as he laid the groundwork to run for president
“It was a quiet donation that came with a simple cover letter,” Smith said. It read: “Great meeting with you and your wife in my office,” dated May 6, 2011. Enclosed was a check for $10,000 from the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

That check is one of at least several donations to suggest Trump used his private foundation, funded by outside donors, to launch and fuel his political ambitions. Such contributions, if they were made solely for Trump’s benefit, could violate federal self-dealing laws for private foundations.
RCP’s review of IRS filings by the Trump foundation turned up a fresh conflict: a 2013 donation of $10,000 to The Family Leader, a 501(c)(4) established to “develop, advocate and support legislative agenda at the state level.” Unlike a 501(c)(3), or a nonprofit organization, a 501(c)(4) can effect policy and engage in limited political activity, and thus is subject to greater restrictions on contributions from charities.

If the Trump foundation sent its money to The Family Leader and not its affiliated nonprofit, it did not properly note it in the filing and might have failed to earmark the money for charitable purposes, a violation of IRS rules. If the money was sent to the Family Leader Foundation, it was not recorded as such.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ation_funds_for_2016_run_filings_suggest.html

SexyFish

Banned
They have a good source?

Trump Used Foundation Funds for 2016 Run, Filings Suggest

&#8220;It was a quiet donation that came with a simple cover letter,&#8221; Smith said. It read: &#8220;Great meeting with you and your wife in my office,&#8221; dated May 6, 2011. Enclosed was a check for $10,000 from the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

That check is one of at least several donations to suggest Trump used his private foundation, funded by outside donors, to launch and fuel his political ambitions. Such contributions, if they were made solely for Trump&#8217;s benefit, could violate federal self-dealing laws for private foundations.

From 2011 through 2014, Trump harnessed his eponymous foundation to send at least $286,000 to influential conservative or policy groups, a RealClearPolitics review of the foundation&#8217;s tax filings found. In many cases, this flow of money corresponded to prime speaking slots or endorsements that aided Trump as he sought to recast himself as a plausible Republican candidate for president.

God Fahrenthold approves:
https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/783290978954256384
David Fahrenthold
&#8207;@Fahrenthold
Really good look by @RealClearNews at Trump Fdn donations to political grps, paving way for @realDonaldTrump's rise.

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet."
Rev 16:13

tumblr_odg6ejA1Ad1r6rs6no1_500.jpg

Guys, what does it mean?

HylianTom

Banned
"Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet."
Rev 16:13

tumblr_odg6ejA1Ad1r6rs6no1_500.jpg

Guys, what does it mean?

Kermit is Courage.
Dat Boi is Wisdom.
Pepe is Power.

And Obama has cancelled his Florida appearance in Miami tomorrow due to Hurricane Matthew. Smart.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Assange's backtracking is amazing. "Misquoted." The GOP was clinging so bad to his words and it blew up in their face.

CNN feed is crazy

Lots of people yelling Harambe for President

Saw Pepe a few times

Weird.

Harambe being appropriated by the alt-right is devastating to me. I feel like that guy in The Wind Rises watching his beautiful planes being used by the Japanese Axis and trying to find joy in something he truly loved being used for something truly evil.

Harambe meant a lot to me. It feels like Harambe has been killed all over again.

I'll just post tweet from KellyAnn

Good.

We aren't going to fix this thing unless we start admitting to the reality here. The majority of Americans are disgruntled by the ACA for a reason. If it isn't fixed then it is getting repealed and millions of poor people will be kicked off and people with pre-existing conditions will be fucked again.

We have to change public opinion on the ACA or else it isn't lasting another 5-10 years

Grief.exe

I thought Dems were ahead in ballot requests... what?

Yes. To my knowledge, dems are way ahead of Republican and Unaffiliated requests and pacing well ahead of 2012 requests.

That doesn't explain where he got the number and how he attributes those to Trump requests, individual candidates aren't tracked.

Zukkoyaki

Yes. To my knowledge, dems are way ahead of Republican and Unaffiliated requests and pacing well ahead of 2012 requests.

That doesn't explain where he got the number and how he attributes those to Trump requests, individual candidates aren't tracked.
This is the guy who "unskews" any and every poll to show Trump ahead (EG: this poll has dems +6 so this actually has Trump ahead +4!!) and notice that he doesn't give a source. He's full of shit.

The presidential election of 2016 actually has far reaching consequences. Donald Trumps losses with college educated white voters and hispanic voters reverberate through the political system for years. 2018 bolstered by a booming economy growing at a rate of 4.3% leads to a small Democratic congressional majority. It lasts through 2022 when what's later coined "Hiccup of 2021" sees a complete collapse in the cola and carbonated drink industry. Republicans seize on the minor economic dip and ride it to a congressional majority of 226H 53S. This is a slightly softer and more gentle Republican party. No longer intent on taking away Obamacare. Senate Majority Leader* Ernst has a few ideas to make it better!

Breadbags for everyone!!!

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated

Grief.exe

He seems mostly infatuated with unskewing polls. Really not worried about this nut job unless we have sources.

This is the guy who "unskews" any and every poll to show Trump ahead (EG: this poll has dems +6 so this actually has Trump ahead +4!!) and notice that he doesn't give a source. He's full of shit.

Bill Mitchell lives only for alt-right retweets. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

He's not even unskewing a poll, he just unskewed some completely made up value that cannot be tangibly measured.

Alcander

Holy shit Mika is really insufferable sometimes. Its my own fault for listening to morning joe, but when she starts ranting about something insane...I just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom