• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

I think the suburbs of Ohio are a little more similar to the suburbs of Minnesota or Wisconsin than the Acela Corridor suburbs, iirc.
Hmm. I know the Cincy burbs act more like Kentucky than anything else, but the northeast burbs are probably similar to those in PA and should decisively go to Clinton. I can see her improving in the Cbus burbs, but not winning them of course.

Grief.exe

I just had a random thought.

Taking a look at many of these perennial right-wing states, West Virginia, Alabama, Texas, etc, etc. These areas are dead last in America on high school graduation rates and Bachelor Degrees. Since lack of education disproportionally produces right-wing voters that support, and elect officials that are extremely against taxation.

As a result, their schools fall behind liberal areas in funding, and they continue this self-fulfilling prophecy of voting right-wing officials into power due to their lack of education.

Well, looks like the Clinton campaign also sees something happening in ME-2.

@danmericaCNN
Bernie Sanders will campaign for Clinton in Bangor, Maine on October 7. Dems are worried the the Maine 2nd could tilt towards Tump in Nov.

Holmes

Suburbs elected Mark Kirk and Rauner, but they are also full of educated businesspeople who aren't likely to back Trump at all.

We like our Republicans moderate and pragmatic, and Trump is neither.

Really strong Clinton if she only loses downstate by a point.
I wonder - could Obama have been a better fit for downstate Illinois than Clinton and she be better for suburban Chicago than Obama was? Or is it just that these 8 years have just pushed downstate too far away from the Democrats and Trump is just so bad that Clinton is over-performing in the suburbs? I'm looking forward to the election results to really find out.

KyroLen

Neo Member
Michelle:
"I've watched her [Hillary]; when she gets knocked-down, she doesn't complain.. she doesn't cry foul.."

{*taps the mic a few times, crowd goes nuts*}

".. no - she gets right back up!"

Thank you, appreciate it!

And wow, that's pretty friggin awesome haha, love her.

Pretty typical Joe stuff from what I've seen. "MSM underestimated Trump, we didn't. Trump had worst week ever and Hillary is still only barely leading. We're the best!"

I wish MSNBC would dump Morning Jizzle and replace them/it with truly progressive hosts and panel, hopefully attracting younger viewers, making them legit again. MJ is such a joke on a network that is brought up in conversations as the left's Fox News.

Holmes

Well, looks like the Clinton campaign also sees something happening in ME-2.
Maybe. I feel like where Sanders goes is a little bit independent of the Clinton campaign. I don't think they're particularly worried about Minnesota but he's there today getting out the vote. But it's good either way, everything helps.

The absentee totals are looking much better in ME-2 now compared to a week ago.

Maybe. I feel like where Sanders goes is a little bit independent of the Clinton campaign. I don't think they're particularly worried about Minnesota but he's there today getting out the vote. But it's good either way, everything helps.

That's the good thing about having a bunch of quality surrogates, you can be flexible with how you use them.

NeoXChaos

well ME-2 is important for Congress and the Gov race 2 years from now. I want to see the NE all Democratic once Collins leaves and Ayotte is finished.

sazzy

For someone who dislikes politics, she is incredible at it.

She's talking to supporters and she's great at it. She's great at alluding to Donald without mentioning his name.

The average person/voter is dumb as fuck. These zingers won't work on those people.

This is why Hillary HAS to explicitly call out Donald, explain the what/when/how/where.

If she was running for POTUS, these speeches wouldn't help Michelle.

Remember when everyone got pissed at Hillary for blowing a 10 point lead and "taking the foot off his neck"? Remember when everyone yelled at her for September and acting like Clinton couldn't do this?

Good times.

Yup, and I was one of those people. I was really upset and very nervous. But we all pinned on our hopes that the 1st debate will steer the campaign back in the right direction. So glad Hillary pulled it off so well. I knew she would do well by our own standards, but didn't expect it to go THAT well--with the media going completely on board with the narrative that Hillary laid on Trump. Part of the problem was the media being awful at their jobs lately....and good thing they are finally being a bit more awake post-debate.

Holmes

That's the good thing about having a bunch of quality surrogates, you can be flexible with how you use them.
Exactly. And the states Sanders is visiting (MN, IA, WI, ME) are all doing early voting right now too. He's getting out the vote. Trust, once early voting begins in Ohio, North Carolina and Florida, you'll see more surrogates there, but now they can help get out the vote in other states (especially in those states where Sanders performed well).

Emarv

Rudy and Ailes finishing lunch, leaving in a limo while smoking cigars.

Stolen from Twitter: "This photo is like a stereotype of how people imagine Republicans."

Ct8NqXXWEAAdJk0

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Rudy and Ailes finishing lunch, leaving in a limo while smoking cigars.

Stolen from Twitter: "This photo is like a stereotype of how people imagine Republicans."

Ct8NqXXWEAAdJk0

What is it with old, rich white dudes and having cigars after meals?

http://www.vox.com/2016/10/4/13163572/gary-johnson-msnbc-foreign-leader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBDJp5cRMQ8

Gary Johnson keeps talking. Thinks knowing foreign leaders and geography allows leaders to go to war and that US soldiers get PTSD because we supported opposing groups in Syria.

OH my god. Elect me because I don't know shit about the world and therefore won't be able to send anyone to fight in it. Honestly I can't believe I'm saying this but he sounds dumber than a lot of what Trump has said here.

Holmes

What's so great about surrogates is that it gives the ability to send the candidates and the big guns (Obama, Biden) to the front lines, the battleground states, while sending the surrogates to pick up the rear or to the battleground states as well, depending on what the situation requires. Sanders in Iowa City or Warren in Las Vegas might not get a lot of attention nationally like a Hillary rally in Toledo or Michelle in Charlotte, but they're encouraging voters there to vote early, and getting some local news coverage in the meanwhile.

Roger Ailes being out in public seems like a risky move for him. He's one of the top people that others want to beat the shit out of (George Zimmerman clearly #1, but Ailes is reasonably high up there!).

I have no idea how Trump still gets such positive coverage from Fox when Trump hired their rapist boss.

Sean Hannity's utter contempt for his female co-workers is impressive.

Holmes

I have no idea how Trump still gets such positive coverage from Fox when Trump hired their rapist boss.

Sean Hannity's utter contempt for his female co-workers is impressive.
I get the feeling that the big personalities on Fox are a little more independent than people think. Sure, they may have a similar mindset or ideology on the surface, but when you have people like Hannity and Megyn Kelly with almost opposite opinions and reporting styles on Trump, it leads me to believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom