• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

I really wish that Kaine could have laid into Pence much more explicitly, like, "why can't you defend a fucking word your running mate says," but he didn't make any missteps worth noting and scored a few hits here and there. Pence has the dilemma of running on an arch-conservative domestic agenda in the future regardless of Trump, and I'm not sure if it's the glue that holds the GOP together anymore.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
OK QUEEN AND DAD

I'm going to give you advice and you better listen

MOOK I know you are reading too

STOP USING CANNED JOKES / ZINGERS

THEY ARE NOT GOOD

JUST GO WITH ONE ORGANICALLY
Why don't you trust queens and dads?

Owzers

Erik: my father speaks from the heart.

anyone with a brain: did your father speak from the heart when he said women who seek abortions should be punished?

cnn: thank you for talking with us.

Get. It. In. Your. Heads. KILLARY SUPPORTERS!!!
This country is currently one of the weakest countries. THIS country will CONTINUE TO go under if another Clinton is in office.
She's evil. She hates military. I'm disgusted my family has fought and died for this Obama torn/"give me give me" country.
She supports ISIS.
She supports a CHEATING/ADULTEROUS husband (ask Monica). She IS responsible for recent deaths within HER administration.
STOP SUPPORTING PEOPLE SITTING AROUND WITH THEIR HANDS OUT!!!
GET. A. JOB!! It's not the tax payers responsibility to support lazy citizens!
The good stuff

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
did everyone start suffering from retrograde amnesia and completely forget who frank luntz is tonight

how the fuck is this even remotely surprising

You would normally be right, except that the last debate focus group he held was overwhelmingly for Hillary, as well as the post DNC focus group he polled.

Amir0x

Banned
Pence is like a satire of the perfect political debater. If i could just give him Tim Kaines words, his demeanor and calmness was totes presidential.

Kaine lost, but it was a soft loss - he brought up enough shit to keep the news cycle muddy, but ultimately pence won. Not hard enough to change trajectory, just stop the bleeding.

Slayven

Pence is like a satire of the perfect political debater. If i could just give him Tim Kaines words, his demeanor and calmness was totes presidential.

Kaine lost, but it was a soft loss - he brought up enough shit to keep the news cycle muddy, but ultimately pence won. Not hard enough to change trajectory, just stop the bleeding.

Stop the bleeding but what about the possibility of a new wound on Sunday

royalan

LOL

Kaine really is the internet's dad. Even in this debate. I'm having flashbacks.

--It's 12:38. Didn't I tell you to be home from that concert by midnight?

--Yeah. but-but--

--No, Did I not tell you to be home by midnight? It's a simple question. Answer the question...

--But dad! It ran late, and there was traffic, and--

--DID I, OR DID I NOT, TELL YOU TO BE HOME BY MIDNIGHT!?

--DAD! Can you let me explain!?

Cyanity

Banned
To your regular watcher, Pence absolutely won. We can argue all day about whose arguments were stronger, but Kaine came off as unhinged and immature. Pence, by contrast, seems to bring a competence and professionalism to the Trump campaign that has until now been missing.

That said, Kaine has brought several issues with Trump to national attention. By denying some substantial and easily proven claims about Trump (that Trump respects Putin, or that Trump wants Saudi Arabia to go nuclear), he set the campaign up for simple and effective attack ads. Kaine ran circles around Pence in the final abortion question, which for a sizable portion of voters was probably the most important point of discussion.

This is definitely a short-term win for the Trump folks, but I don't think it will be boost they need to become competitive again.

I like this takeaway.

Not too bad, but he definitely lost on style. He did his job, but it was a job that I feel he wasn't all the comfortable with

Yeah I think the team sent him the message to hammer Trump on taxes. Joe Biden would have destroyed Pence, but Kaine didn't seem comfortable in that kind of attack role, but he did it relentlessly and didn;t back down from defending Clinton when he needed too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom