• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trash Nate's model isn't really an election winner forecast then. It's just a poll aggregator that has an Adjusted Leader weighting.

Godcohn's model is from memory based on what are her chances of winning this state and if she wins this state what does she still need to win overall etc etc vs what Trump needs.

How is there a 44% chance of President Trump. Is there information to suggest he's that close to winning collectively FL, OH, CO, NH and so on? Ie what he needs to get to the magic number.
She has a rally today. She literally took one day off.
No rest for the wicked. And dying.

Effect

The 10/75 is with undecideds

When those numbers come back I would love if pollsters would follow up and ask them why they dislike her. Try to get one valid reason for what fuels their dislike. What did she actually do that they know about. Not what they believe but know.

CNN hiring Lewandowski has never made any sense. It was clear he was still part of the Trump team by how he was acting.

royalan

They still did a lot of harm to political discourse by employing this muppet when they had no business doing so.

Really, Corey does no more harm than the other racists CNN employs to be apologists for Trump. He didn't bring discourse on CNN down into the mud, it was already there.

Blader

That there is any significant number of people who can't decide between Trump and Hillary is staggering to me. You couldn't have two candidates further apart in policy or personality.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So Don King is with Trump today. Things are happening.

‏@JDiamond1
Pastor Darrell Scott, asking to move clergy members at Trump event into first rows: "I don’t want to put ’em in the Jim Crow section."

@JDiamond1
Don King just said the N-word in a church while introducing Donald Trump, who is in a chair onstage a few feet away

@JDiamond1
Trump, moments later, taking the stage: "Ah, there's only one Don King..."
Video. Please god give us video

sazzy

CNN's Twitter is calling out Fox on Hannity's appearance in Trump's ad, while conveniently forgetting they hired Corey.

Video. Please god give us video

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/778602131024740352

And that was definitely a hard R.

whats wrong with any of this

raw

Now, maybe this is shady, but you don't get to do this. If Hillary so much as looks at something cross eyed (probably because she's dying) you start lamenting optics and how it's terrible and how she's going to lose and everything's on fire. And that's fine. But, for the love of all that is holy, be consistent. Please.

And also, ya, using the n-word is kinda bad.

CNN's Twitter is calling out Fox on Hannity's appearance in Trump's ad, while conveniently forgetting they hired Corey.

One is definitely worse.

CNN at least now discloses that Corey is still being paid by Trump campaign.

Fox news tries to present Hannity's show as News where he licks Trump's balls.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
These are the late night ratings. And Douthat goes after bee? for a show that .01% of the country is watching 1 night a week

I had zero idea that Conan's ratings were so terrible. My goodness.

So networks hire political shills to keep the debate going, creating a horse-race of public opinion, and subsequently increasing their ratings?

Shocked.

I don't think douthat makes the point he thinks he's making in this point

He's thesis is that the cultural left is pushing too-far too fast and the voters are responding with trump and he sumarizes it with this

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/o...-samantha-bee-problem.html?smid=fb-share&_r=1

He says the country moved far to left in the 60s (yes granting blacks the right to vote and repealing jim crow, and stifling women from true freedom is "too far") so it let the right into power in the 70s and 80s. I don't think that's wrong per se but his last paragraph is hilarious ignoring that Trump is representative of the impotence of the revanchist movement Douthat cheers on (he really thinks its an aberration?) because he really hates women deciding when to have babies and people changing catholic doctrine(also how does this dude live such a dreary life at age 36? dude writes like he's 80)

edit: of course the impotent left is cheering this on since they always freak out that "maybe we've gone too far" and they constantly buy into the "americans love traditional values" meme the right peadles dispite the fact that this isn't true.

There's issues with the safe spaces and the radicalness of the certain aspects of identity politics but those aren't ascendant in the party by and large (and clinton seemingly rejects the ideas behind them) but that's not the people douthat rails against. Its comedians who haven't staked out a space there but rather who exclusively go after the overt racism and sexism of the right, THATS what bothers douthat. Notice how he titles his piece the "samantha bee problem" not the far more popular Colbert or Oliver. Bee isn't even that radical and has attacked the left far more than the others but bee represents the "trouble for the left" in douthat's eyes. He masks his fear for the catholic doctrine in concern trolling about the left.
This is the most useless, chest puffing article I read this morning. So much ado about nothing. Culture tilts left because so many ideas of equality and inclusion are championed by left. It's not Samantha Bee's fault or Seth Meyers or anyone else's. If the Trumpites refuse to follow the idea of equality, then they must be dragged kicking and screaming, not left alone to their devices. He gets it so wrong about sexual revolution as well. Last I recall, JFK was the president in the 60's followed by LBJ and then Carter at the tail end. So much for voters shifting to the right in response to leftward culture shift.

He nicely ignores the prevailing racism and xenophobia fueling Trump and instead brings up an analogy of Teump appealing to people like Sex Pistols did. Thanks for wasting my time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not surprising at all to me; feel like sometimes we lose sight of the fact that she would be the most unpopular presidential candidate in history were it not for Trump

100% true. The contrast with Trump shields how bad of a candidate she actually is.

Conan ;_;

I'm genuinely concerned they won't renew his current deal. Those ratings are brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom