• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to listen to an old racist coworker of mine (probably 75 years old) talk about listening into his police scanner for Charlotte last night. Did you know that a CVS got robbed in Charlotte and that it was horrible!? Crime is on the rise! Our country is a desolate wasteland of crime and illegals!

Oh BTW we live no where near Charlotte. Dude needs to get a life.

Zukkoyaki

Though it still probably won't stop 538 from weighing the Rass poll higher than the barrage of great state polls out of CO, VA, WI and NC because TRENDZ -_-

Diablos

OK so a lot of these polls are reassuring but my question is how in the world is Duckworth only a couple points ahead in IL?

Something seems off in WI too. If there are any states that are generally considered to be reliable blue in the midwest that would take an unexpected turn towards the GOP, it would have to be Wisconsin, I would think.

Zukkoyaki

OK so a lot of these polls are reassuring but my question is how in the world is Duckworth only a couple points ahead in IL?

Something seems off in WI too. If there are any states that are generally considered to be reliable blue in the midwest that would take an unexpected turn towards the GOP, it would have to be Wisconsin, I would think.

Those polls were from Emerson and were landline only (I checked) which means an R bias. That fact that they still showed Clinton up as much as they did is reassuring.

I do agree with you though, Wisconsin is probably the leanest of blue states.

Crisco

Banned
i imagine the model should start to tick up closer to 66/33 after all these polls. Despite the bad Fox polls, Trump still has no path to victory without one of CO/PA/VA/NH.

KyroLen

Neo Member
So I sat out the 2012 election, just wasn't overly enthused. My first election was in 2008, was super enthused and voted Obama, had a girlfriend at the time who was big on Mccain. After watching the election results that night, we broke up promptly the next day as she didn't appreciate me gloating.

Anyway, this election has rekindled that enthusiasm in me, not so much because Hillary has done anything to warrant that but moreso that Trump's ignorance and bigotry and hateful speech makes me want to do everything in my power to stop him from being elected.

So I went to our local Democrat offices yesterday, signed up to knock on doors and donate and make phone calls and do whatever the hell I can to make sure a Trump presidency does not come to be reality. I'm going to be doing my part, and it feels good to be part of this, and will feel amazing to know I played a very very very small part but a part nonetheless in stopping a piece of garbage bigot from being elected.

Oh, and they offered me local state reps signs to put on my lawn free. That's fine. But when I wanted a Hillary/Kain sign they charged me $7... found that kind of odd.

thefro

i imagine the model should start to tick up closer to 66/33 after all these polls. Despite the bad Fox polls, Trump still has no path to victory without one of CO/PA/VA/NH.

Yeah, 538 did tick back towards Clinton again a bit.

Polls+: 57.8/42.2
Polls-only: 58.8/41.2
Nowcast: 59.1/40.8

Not sure how many polls we'll get before Monday, but I would guess things will reset to Clinton having a 2-4 point lead nationally if we got a bunch of polls this weekend.

Iolo

Oh, and they offered me local state reps signs to put on my lawn free. That's fine. But when I wanted a Hillary/Kain sign they charged me $7... found that kind of odd.

Obama team did the same thing. Yard signs aren't considered useful for campaigning anymore so you have to pay for them, it's like ordering from their web store.

So I sat out the 2012 election, just wasn't overly enthused. My first election was in 2008, was super enthused and voted Obama, had a girlfriend at the time who was big on Mccain. After watching the election results that night, we broke up promptly the next day as she didn't appreciate me gloating.

Anyway, this election has rekindled that enthusiasm in me, not so much because Hillary has done anything to warrant that but moreso that Trump's ignorance and bigotry and hateful speech makes me want to do everything in my power to stop him from being elected.

So I went to our local Democrat offices yesterday, signed up to knock on doors and donate and make phone calls and do whatever the hell I can to make sure a Trump presidency does not come to be reality. I'm going to be doing my part, and it feels good to be part of this, and will feel amazing to know I played a very very very small part but a part nonetheless in stopping a piece of garbage bigot from being elected.

Hey, that's great to hear. Every time you knock on a door, it makes it a bit easier for us to reject Trump. It's also a lot of fun. You get to meet some cool people, and some really weird ones too. But that's part of the charm.

The sign thing...ya, that happens sometimes. If they don't have a lot of them, or if the campaign didn't provide them to them. I think we were giving some out, but once we went through like 20 or 30 we were charging people. That may have been the one woman who is like 1100 years old buys a ton of them and just gives them out to people randomly.

Fox318

You guys, now just go with me here, what if....what if the debate changes nothing?

What if when they both shake hands they both fly off to their home planet and we are left with Stein vs Johnson.

WiFi Cancer waves to be the first issue in the second debate with Stein taking a stand.

Geg

Seeing people talk about campaign offices in the twitter replies to the new NC poll reminds me, is the data about Trump spending very little money & having very few campaign offices in Florida still accurate? When was the last update to those numbers?

Fox318

Trump and Hillary are Poochy?

giphy.gif

My poor parents live outside of Cincinnati and are surrounded by Trump supporters everywhere. They've got the only Hillary sign in their neighborhood and someone ripped it out last night and threw it in a ditch. It's a nice neighborhood too so you wouldn't really expect that kind of behavior.

Valhelm

contribute something
young republican on my facebook feed said, "It's unfair for California to get so many votes because they always go Democrat"

hoo boy

thefro

Seeing people talk about campaign offices in the twitter replies to the new NC poll reminds me, is the data about Trump spending very little money & having very few campaign offices in Florida still accurate? When was the last update to those numbers?

The big ? mark is what the RNC is doing as far as turnout operation, since the Trump campaign clearly isn't going to do a big one at this point.

Thaedolus

My poor parents live outside of Cincinnati and are surrounded by Trump supporters everywhere. They've got the only Hillary sign in their neighborhood and someone ripped it out last night and threw it in a ditch. It's a nice neighborhood too so you wouldn't really expect that kind of behavior.

Eh walking my dogs around Scottsdale, I feel the urge to do that to Trump signs. Of course I don't do it because I'm not a fucking douchebag...

Geg

I actually haven't seen any yard signs for the presidential election where I am (Alabama), if anyone has a sign out in their yard it's for one of the local elections.

I have seen a few bumper stickers though, like 1 or 2 for Hillary vs. around 5 or so for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom