• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
I hate these fucking Republicans who go on cable news, say they aren't voting for Trump because he's "dangerous", then spend the entire rest of the segment bashing Hillary Clinton. Like Bill Kristol with his shit eating grin, stop being a two faced coward and just admit you're voting for that turd.

Why do you all watch and listen to this new media crap like those young Turkish people, and then just get mad and complain about it?

I think it's the fear that this stuff is what OTHER people are watching and basing their opinions on, just like Fox News.

I don't watch either because I haven't left my bomb shelter since June, though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The "2nd amendment people" voting for Trump is one of the strangest things I've seen thus far. Trump has literally said "I'm the law and order candidate" I will restore order, take away people guns, violate their rights, etc, etc. If that came from Obama or Hillary, Alex Jones and every right wing radio show would be rallying up the troops claiming martial law is imminent. This is the very thing they are supposed to be against. A police state.

Not a surprise to me at all. These people hate Hillary Clinton--period.

Crisco

Banned
Why do you all watch and listen to this new media crap like those young Turkish people, and then just get mad and complain about it?

I think I listened to one episode of Young Turks during the Obamacare debate, and it was all about how Democrats should kill the bill because it wasn't single payer. That was the first and last time I tuned into that garbage.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

This is fascinating to me:

Mrs. Clinton has concluded that catching Mr. Trump in a lie during the debate is not enough to beat him: She needs the huge television audience to see him as temperamentally unfit for the presidency, and that she has the power to unhinge him.

She isn't going to look to just show the contrast between their policies--she wants to provoke him into unraveling on stage in front of millions of people. That's a gamble that I'm surprised they're going to take.

Mrs. Clinton is eager to play offense and try to get under his skin, by doing things like calling him “Donald” and questioning his net worth.

Yet she is also testing out whether and how to interrupt Mr. Trump, as she does not want to be seen as pushy and play into gender stereotypes. In practice sessions, she has come across best when she waits to pounce confidently on Mr. Trump for lying or misstating facts, rather than trying to talk over him.

It's almost as if they were reading this thread.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

She isn't going to look to just show the contrast between their policies--she wants to provoke him into unraveling on stage in front of millions of people. That's a gamble that I'm surprised they're going to take.

It's a pretty safe bet to take if we're telling the truth. He's never had to actually do this for as long a time or be challenged to the degree he's about to be. Combine that with subtle digs about his tiny, tiny hands and it's a bomb just waiting to blow. It's just a matter of how he explodes.

I wonder if she had psychologists examine footage of Trump to try and figure out the best possible way to ensure he explodes on stage.

After hearing about Cuban being in the audience, I think I get what she's trying to do. She wants him to melt down on stage, so she's trying to push the right buttons to have him do that.

HylianTom

Banned
by6ymi0.gif
I also like this one, despite it being a low-res crap pic..

D8A623B9-B27A-402B-9650-45EE8CA7B7E5.jpg

This whole Palmer Luckey thing is happening at a great time since I was looking at buying a VR headset soon. Narrows my choices down.

Also, gaming side political threads are a hoot.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think she can pull this off. If he actually survives getting called out he has tougher skin than we all thought. She's smart enough to realize though if her attempts are failing.

The contrast will probably be enough to ensure she wins, a meltdown would be gravy though. At that point it'll turn into "can Trump stop his freefall," especially if he calls her a bitch or something like that.

Plinko

The thing is, Trump didn't really melt down during the primaries when everyone on stage was attacking, did he? He attacked people but I wouldn't qualify what he did as "melting down."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The thing is, Trump didn't really melt down during the primaries when everyone on stage was attacking, did he? He attacked people but I wouldn't qualify what he did as "melting down."

He practically whipped it out right there on stage, it just didn't look as bad because Cruz and Rubio were idiots and got in the mud with him.

tuffy

Don't know if anyone already posted about Inside Hillary Clinton’s debate prep:
For Clinton, success against Trump on Monday night may have more to do with how she silently projects authority when under attack.

“If Trump can be positioned to bully her, that will probably be his biggest failing,” said another longtime Clinton insider. “And her pushing him back politely, so there’s a difference between his level and her level, that will be her biggest strength.”

OmniOne

I'm hoping for moment like when Carly Fiorina skillfully hit back on his sexism. It didn't matter to the GOP primary audience but it was powerful and a GE audience will hear it.

HylianTom

Banned
I think I figured out her Mark Cuban strategy. When Hillary says something like "millionaires such as yourself" to Trump (remember: they're reading this thread, lol), Cuban is going to visibly/silently react, with a laugh or a broad smile - something to catch Trump's attention. All it takes is a moment to get into his head.

Ugh i was hoping these stories didn't come out. Now he's going to prepare himself by trying to not take the bait.

Plinko

He practically whipped it out right there on stage, it just didn't look as bad because Cruz and Rubio were idiots and got in the mud with him.

Don't know if anyone already posted about Inside Hillary Clinton’s debate prep:

And maybe that's where the contrast fits in. My only concern with this method is that she sits back too much and doesn't appear like a strong leader, but, to be fair, most people on the right are going to say that no matter what she does.

I think I figured out her Mark Cuban strategy. When Hillary says something like "millionaires such as yourself" to Trump (remember: they're reading this thread, lol), Cuban is going to visibly/silently react, with a laugh or a broad smile - something to catch Trump's attention. All it takes is a moment to get into his head.

She should say "millionaires like us" if she's talking about tax reform because I'm not sure he can resist the bait of putting himself above her.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ugh i was hoping these stories didn't come out. Now he's going to prepare himself by trying to not take the bait.

When has Trump ever seen bait he could resist?

She should say "millionaires like us" if she's talking about tax reform because I'm not sure he can resist the bait of putting himself above her.

Oh that's good. That's really good.

Podesta if you're reading this get that in her prep.

Debates are starting to feel like a PPV event, might as well go big or go home.

Expecting at least 5 "believe me".

At least 3 "Crooked Hillary"

And 10 "Winning".

Don't disappoint, Don.

Geg

And 10 "Winning".

Don't disappoint, Don.

I think you're underselling all of these, I expect at least one or two "believe me"s per answer

"alleged millionaire" gets him red in the face, but I'm not sure she'd use that one

It leads into his tax returns, which the majority of the country want to see, and most believe are hiding something.

Trump is very likely to interrupt her, far more likely than she him. And the shit thing is it probably won't raise eyebrows. Because men interrupting women is so commonplace.

Trump is very likely to interrupt her, far more likely than she him. And the shit thing is it probably won't raise eyebrows. Because men interrupting women is so commonplace.

It'll be a bad look. I'm pretty confident that won't play as well as it did in the primaries. First of all she has more spine than the rest of the GOP field combined, and the man/woman dynamic really is a landmine in a debate. Biden had to be careful not to step on one and Lazio famously did.

And 10 "Winning".

Don't disappoint, Don.

The media keeps saying the debates will have "the highest rating in history!!!". Sounds to me more like the media is trying to create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Enthusiasm is at all-time low for both candidates. I'm sure many will be tuning in to see the spectacle but I don't know if I would assume it's going to have the highest ratings.

Yeah but racist fucks are coming home so we are stuck with losing Iowa.

Which is weird since Donnie hates free trade and NAFTA, but Iowan farmers make a lot of money dumping corn onto the Mexican market.

But oh yeah they're racist and that's their number one concern nvm

Geg

CNN dedicating a solid month to covering the missing Malaysia plane is around the time I stopped watching them altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom