• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Interesting age distribution on that chart. There's no peak on the youth vote on the Republican side. And somebody who is 105 is extending the age chart, cool.

Huh? There's no age breakdown by party that I can see. It shows that a lot of young people requested a ballot but have not yet returned it.

Could this be people in the military, so it might take a while for it to go back and forth? I thought I remembered something like that in 08/12 where military votes took a while to come in and be counted.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Rush is stuck on Hillary health rhetoric, implying she won't be ablle to make it through the debate.
Yup, that seems like something that will definitely happen. A nice magical way for Trump to win the debate.

Iolo

It's also not a given that people will bite. His entire image is that he's a strong movie CEO type that walks into a room and gets it done. "Born ready". I don't think people really buy into the "poor Donnie, he's never done this before".

It's for media consumption and narrative post debate. Supporters on either side aren't going to be affected by the debate, unless one side completely shits the bed; I would argue Hillary has some upside here because her support crystallizes when she's on TV. Undecideds and leaners at this point are not looking at pre-debate spin; if they were that tuned in they'd be decided already!

Anyway, I don't think much of this matters. Barring a collapse on either side, the race is likely to continue as it is. Maybe it will energize supporters on one side or the other.

GutsOfThor

I'm going to keep my expectations low for the debate. I know everyone's expecting fireworks but I'm thinking Trump might just be low key and the press will praise him for being a different Trump than they expected and even looking presidential. I had a terrible dream a while back that he came off knowledgeable while Hillary was visibly rattled. I hope I'm wrong and the wheels come off and primary Trump comes out and starts name calling and bragging about his dick size again.

Me too. I'm not concerned about Clinton as the woman clearly knows her shit but I'm more concerned with how low the bar is for trump. At this point all he has to do is show up and as long as he doesn't shit himself the media will say he "held his own" and that he "stood up to Clinton".

Any reason to bedwet over Cheryl Mills getting legal immunity in the damn emails case? (NYPost) Or is this just another nothingburger?

The email scandal is old news, nobody cares about it anymore. The best the reddit guy got was a small blurb on Foxnews.com, the other networks didn't even bother.

NY Post is basically a tabloid.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Me too. I'm not concerned about Clinton as the woman clearly knows her shit but I'm more concerned with how low the bar is for trump. At this point all he has to do is show up and as long as he doesn't shit himself the media will say he "held his own" and that he "stood up to Clinton".

The question is if voters grade on a scale. Unlike most events, reporting is less important than views given we'll have 30-50 million eyeballs on this thing.

thebloo

Any reason to bedwet over Cheryl Mills getting legal immunity in the damn emails case? (NYPost) Or is this just another nothingburger?

It doesn't look that abnormal.

Let's say the FBI is investigating you. And you've been to my house. I'll let them look at my house, but don't want to incriminate myself. So, I get immunity just in case you did something bad. And they find nothing on you.

You are Hillary in this comparison.

Iolo

The question is if voters grade on a scale. Unlike most events, reporting is less important than views given we'll have 30-50 million eyeballs on this thing.

Or more. This is a chance for the candidates to bypass the media filter. But, it is true that a concerted spin effort by candidates and in the media afterward can affect how people remember what happened in the debates. Well, there's not much point in gaming out what will happen. We just have to wait and see.

Blader

This thread moves too fast for me so this might have been posted already, but I thought this was amusing:

Clinton loves the self-education aspect of the process. But she has long despised the confrontational aspects of the mock debate dry runs, even when she’s not on the stand -- she never participated in her husband’s debate preps, a noticeable absence when she served as a top campaign adviser in every other aspect of his presidential campaigns.

During a tense prep session after Bernie Sanders’ stunning and slim win in the Mar. 8 Michigan primary, for instance, Clinton was so fed up with the criticisms being lobbed at her she decided to just do the job herself. When D.C. attorney Bob Barnett, who was playing Sanders, began peppering her with attacks in a drab hotel conference room, a clearly agitated Clinton shut the session down and declared, “How about I play Bernie?”

Over the next hour or so, Clinton – to the surprise of her staff – staged a credible and unvarnished version of Sanders’ attacks on her economic plans and close ties to Wall Street, according to two people with knowledge of the exchange.

For a time, Sullivan took the role of the former secretary of state and framed several new responses that later became a staple of Clinton’s debate routine. “It turned out to be one of the most productive sessions we had,” said a Clinton ally.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-debate-prep-228558

Emarv

How badly of a caricature of Hillary do you think this profile is?
ted-cruz-just-released-a-bizarre-attack-ad-featuring-a-terrifying-hillary-clinton-impersonator.jpg

studyguy

Not particularly worried over what Trump shows up to the debates. I'm sure as fuck Clinton having the Obama crew on board is helpful when fighting against repub fuckery. Doesn't matter if a moderate Trump shows up to the debate, I can't see Clinton pulling a first debate Obama gaffe knowing full well how Trump acts.

Shit's gonna be good.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Mercers continue to gain power in the campaign.
Yup, I was going to mention that. I like the Trump-style strategy of spending a little to support the candidate and then encouraging the campaign to buy into its services.

HylianTom

Banned
Not particularly worried over what Trump shows up to the debates. I'm sure as fuck Clinton having the Obama crew on board is helpful when fighting against repub fuckery. Doesn't matter if a moderate Trump shows up to the debate, I can't see Clinton pulling a first debate Obama gaffe knowing full well how Trump acts.

Shit's gonna be good.
Even knowing that she'll likely do well, I'm going to need a sedagive or two.

gaugebozo

It's also not a given that people will bite. His entire image is that he's a strong movie CEO type that walks into a room and gets it done. "Born ready". I don't think people really buy into the "poor Donnie, he's never done this before".
I would love for him to get called out for this on stage. "You've seen what a disaster his inexperience was tonight. How do you think it would go the first time he had to talk to world leaders or handle a crisis?"

tuffy

I would love for him to get called out for this on stage. "You've seen what a disaster his inexperience was tonight. How do you think it would go the first time he had to talk to world leaders or handle a crisis?"
We've already seen Trump talk to world leaders when he paid a visit to Mexico, got nothing, and declared his trip a big success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom