• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Hillary just shot herself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Republicans (I'm an expert), but estate taxes are huge parts of it. It's not like for Democrats where you can become successful by taxing the rich. If you screw over the rich, you won't get their vote, and the only way to get their vote is repentance.

What this means is that Republicans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to vote for Hillary, nor will they vote for any Democrats downticket. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Hillary has alienated an entire voting bloc with this move.

Hillary, publicly apologize for your 65% estate tax or you can kiss your POTUS dreams goodbye.

That rate applies to people who have over $500 million, which I guess is every farmer, Republican and small business owner?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
POLITICO ‏@politico 37s38 seconds ago
#BREAKING: Ted Cruz expected to throw support to @realDonaldTrump http://politi.co/2ctpJjA

Paul Ryan and John McCain just got gazzumped.

Finally! The massive group of people who supported Cruz but switched to Clinton can vote republican again!

Geg

What realistically can the early/absentee voting data like what's been posted about NC tell us about what the result might be?

#BREAKING: Ted Cruz expected to throw support to @realDonaldTrump http://politi.co/2ctpJjA

If he actually does this, I don't see how he survives politically. After all of the crap he took during the primaries and the display at the RNC, if he crawls back now he would look like the most spineless jellyfish in quite a while.

This feels like a terrible move for him, politically. It also makes him look awful, considering all the things Trump said about him and his family.

Teggy

Trump supporters really are something special.

Linda Suhler, Ph.D.
‏@LindaSuhler
Clinton's 65% estate tax means fed CONFISCATION of ALL family homes, businesses & farms.
She's declared war on the Middle Class.
#VoteTrump

Holmes

If the absentee voting stays the course and the in-person early voting goes the way I think it will, I think we'll hear by the third or fourth week of October that Republicans have given up on North Carolina.

studyguy

The Run Up made a good point about Trump in previous debates.
He's AT BEST 3 semi one on one debates through the previous primaries.
Two of those moments he spoke for about 20minutes, in one he spoke for a total of 30m.
He'll have to do some 40m+ on these against Clinton alone a number of times over in these debates. How often can you just say you're gonna MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN without it sounding tired in 40m.

Oh man, I really hope Trump brings up the estate tax so Hillary can say: "My proposal only goes that high for Billionaires. You don't have worry Donald, only Mr. Cuban and a few other people have will be affected."

Tarydax

Banned

If he actually does this, I don't see how he survives politically. After all of the crap he took during the primaries and the display at the RNC, if he crawls back now he would look like the most spineless jellyfish in quite a while.

So much for "vote your conscience." Not that Ted Cruz ever had one to begin with.

I don't get it. Why would Cruz come crawling back to Trump after all this time? I'd think that a move like this would just make him look spineless. He's not going to be in a better position to run in the future, so why do it? Politically, how does this help him at all?

Looks like Jeb! and Kasich are the only Republican presidential candidates with any kind of spine.

Between Two Ferns vid has 3 million views on YT and a fairly normal like/dislike ratio. Election's over.

edit: ha, didn't see whyamihere's post. Just opened YouTube right now and noticed it was the top trending video.

Dierce

So much for "vote your conscience." Not that Ted Cruz ever had one to begin with.

I don't get it. Why would Cruz come crawling back to Trump after all this time? I'd think that a move like this would just make him look spineless. He's not going to be in a better position to run in the future, so why do it? Politically, how does this help him at all?

Looks like Jeb! and Kasich are the only Republican presidential candidates with any kind of spine.
It's because republicans are confident orange turd will win and they are lining up to kiss his ass, which is what he wanted all along. Bunch of fucking cowards.

Emarv

Of course Andrew from Buzzfeed found a 2011 clip of Trump praising the Clinton's relationship with African Americans.

Dude is so predictable.

Crisco

Banned
Honestly not sure if having Cuban sitting font row is a good idea. Dude can't sit through an NBA game without losing his shit at the referees. Odds are pretty high he'll yell "BULLSHIT" at one of Trump's answers and get kicked out.

Emarv

Honestly not sure if having Cuban sitting font row is a good idea. Dude can't sit through an NBA game without losing his shit at the referees. Odds are pretty high he'll yell "BULLSHIT" at one of Trump's answers and get kicked out.
He's pretty chill on Shark Tank.

Man, I bet Trump wishes he could be on Shark Tank.

Boke1879

Eh I think Mark knows his place here

studyguy

The man called me the zodiac killer, said I cheated on my wife and told people my dad helped kill JFK, but god damnit you have to respect him!

OmniOne

Nevada is blue again in Polls Only. I don't understand why Polls Only has a greater chance of a Clinton win than the Now-Cast. Isn't the Now-Cast suposed to the most sensitive to new data? It's not moving as fast the Polls Only.

*edit* So the overall win chance is higher in Now-cast, but individual states are not moving along with it.

Crisco

Banned
Nevada is blue again in Polls Only. I don't understand why Polls Only has a greater chance of a Clinton win than the Now-Cast. Isn't the Now-Cast suposed to the most sensitive to new data? It's not moving as fast the Polls Only.

*edit* So the overall win chance is higher in Now-cast, but individual states are not moving along with it.

because 538 is troll science at this point

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump supporters really are something special.

I'd love to just sit down and have a talk to diagram the path she ended up taking to reach that conclusion.

Also, Hillary with only a 17-point Latino lead? I don't get that at all.

OmniOne

I'd love to just sit down and have a talk to diagram the path she ended up taking to reach that conclusion.

Also, Hillary with only a 17-point Latino lead? I don't get that at all.

Is this most likely explained by a self selecting english speaking hispanics? Is it harder to poll Spanish speakers?

Zukkoyaki

Unfortunate.

The other thing that I've noticed that is annoying is that polls don't always seem to be listed in chronological order, which makes viewing the update lists annoying.

It's because they organize them by weight, and how they weigh them depends on their current TREND-LINES narrative and other stuff that makes absolutely no sense. It's obnoxious.

Breitbart/Gravis Clinton +4
This is such a perfect set up for a Hitler finds out meme

Advisor 1: Sir , we are losing in NBC/Wsj poll by 6, and marist poll by 8
Advisor 2: At this rate we will start losing the LATimes poll
Hitler: Dont worry, we still have the brietbart poll.
Advisor 1:...sir
Advisor 2:...mein fuhrer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom