• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're famous! (that's the left)

Honestly, what a bizarre collection of websites they have down there. NeoGAF and a couple of the others I can understand (to the extent I can understand anything about their world view) but some of those other websites are not exactly what would come to mind when I think of "places that oppose the alt-right" and in fact are places I would expect to see higher-than-average support for the alt-right.

Yeah, anecdotally but I've heard from so many true blue conservatives down here that turned on Cruz after his RNC thing. I don't think the RNC speech went over as well with the base as liberals like to think.
The RNC speech was always a self-destructive action. It was evident at the time he gave it.

Does a Cruz endorsement matter at this point? Will it move numbers?

Not at all.

This election has shown me endorsements are basically meaningless unless they're super out of left field. Like is Kasich came out and endorsed Hillary, that might sway the election. A washed up GOP senator selling his dignity to not lose his seat is not really worth anything.

thebloo

More important would be his contacts in various states, if he offered that. He did build up quite an organization.

I bet this is just a verbal endorsement, though, to save face.

The man said he would not be his "puppy". And made it about his family. Cruz is a lot of things, but he's not stupid.

I'm one of the few that called his actions at the RNC a good play. If he walks that back, he's an idiot.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Does a Cruz endorsement matter at this point? Will it move numbers?
I don't see how it helps. The only reason Cruz does this is if his base is already backing Trump. If he had some sizable core following that hadn't drank Trump's koolaid, he wouldn't be making this pathetic move.

Some alt-Reich piece of shit made this pic, but look at the lower left...

2Gjbdl3.jpg
Do I have to put ((())) around my name now?

jbug617

Banned
After Backing Republicans For Almost A Century, Cincinnati Enquirer Endorses Hillary Clinton

When considering their decision this year, the editorial board of the Enquirer said they didn’t take breaking their tradition of endorsing GOP candidates lightly.

“But this is not a traditional race, and these are not traditional times,” they wrote.

The board called Clinton and her Republican rival, Donald Trump, “the most unpopular pair of presidential candidates in American history.”

“Trump, despite all of his bluster about wanting to ‘make America great again,’ has exploited and expanded our internal divisions,” they wrote. “Clinton’s arrogance and unwillingness to admit wrongdoing have made her a divisive and distrusted figure as well.”

The board called Trump “a clear and present danger to our country,” citing his lack of foreign policy experience and exclusionary remarks about women and minorities as some of their “fears” about his candidacy.

"Hillary Clinton has her faults, certainly, but she has spent a lifetime working to improve the lives of Americans both inside and outside of Washington,” they wrote. “It’s time to elect the first female U.S. president ― not because she’s a woman, but because she’s hands-down the most qualified choice.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-cincinnati-enquirer_us_57e55796e4b08d73b830ea6e

Boke1879

I am really surprised this hasn't gotten more play.

I think after the first debate and into the first week of October I think you'll see things shift into overdrive. That's a great ad to cut though.

But if Hillary has a good debate and that's the consensus she can really use that as leverage to get out early voters etc.

Encyclopedia Dramatica is one of those sites (along with BadWebcomicsWiki) that agrees with 95% of the alt-right, but wants an inch of separation from those groups to try to say "hey, we're not actual Nazis!" and thus attacks the alt-right as well.

NeoGAF's inclusion on that list is really confusing though. There are like... five actual Communists on NeoGAF with empty vessel and other tankies having been run off the site after getting laughed at for defending Russia's war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's actually better for her in the 2 way.

ALSO STOP POLLING JILL STEIN IN NC AND NV SHE IS NOT ON THE BALLOT AND IT JUST MESSES UP THE RESULTS

Makes zero sense to me why they keep doing this in states where the candidate is off the ballot. Are they thinking people will write in?
Sam Stein Retweeted
Reid J. Epstein ‏@reidepstein 14m14 minutes ago

New from WSJ: Trump says he started with $1 million from his father, but real number is $14 million

He had nothing I tell you. From rags to riches!
Hopfrog said:
POLITICO ‏@politico 8s9 seconds ago
#BREAKING: Ted Cruz says he will vote for @realDonaldTrump

This guy keeps making all the worst decisions this election. Remember that RNC speech? What was even the point now?

Why is Hillary trailing behind Obama 2012 so much in Ohio while doing a good bit better in Pennsylvania?
Demographics are different. Bucks county Republicans are bolting to counter blue collar whites. I don't think Ohio has those country club Republicans to counter white voters leaving

This is why people painting the rust belt as the same are stupid these states have vastly different dynamics

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at that official statement. Like most republicans, the whole thing is an "I hate Hillary" manifesto.

Zukkoyaki

Ipsos LV model has Clinton +5 and RV model has Clinton +10 as of today

Related: I am curious about the LA Times poll. Wouldn't it be something if they just pulled the plug after months of it being the gospel for Trump supporters?

Joeytj

Banned
Why is Hillary trailing behind Obama 2012 so much in Ohio while doing a good bit better in Pennsylvania?

Demographics, simply enough. Pennsylvania simply has more AA, educated whites and suburban voters turned off by Trump. That's always been the case and now more than ever, as Ohio has gotten redder since 2012 and Pennsylvania has stayed the same (although some feared that it was also getting redder in many areas). Having the convention there now seems to have been a good idea.

The same goes to Iowa and North Carolina. The former has one of the lowest number of college-educated whites and North Carolina has gone in the opposite direction and now looks like it will become the next Virginia, with Georgia and South Carolina not far behind.

Ted Cruz: 101 Political Malpratice

Related: I am curious about the LA Times poll. Wouldn't it be something if they just pulled the plug after months of it being the gospel for Trump supporters?

LATimes endorsed Clinton today as well. Are the two events related?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hah, Press Play on KCRW (LA's NPR affiliate) just had on Libby Nelson from Vox to explain Pepe for 5 minutes.

Ipsos back on their early-year hopium addiction I see

Joeytj

Banned

giphy.gif

*Goes to see what Nate Silver has tweeted today*

*He's talking about secret ninja debate skills from Trump*

What did I expect?

Boy, 538 sure did pick a terrible time, yesterday, to publish an article about how Hillary isn't rebounding. Within 24 hours, a ton of polls now show her +5 or so with improvements in her numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom