• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

Honest question--is there a decent daily tracking poll in existence? ABC's is brand new and already looks weird. Ras and USC/LA are trash of course. Gallup embarrassed themselves in 2012 and had to chuck theirs. Research 2000 ran one for Daily Kos in '08 I think and it turned out to be a scam, ha ha.

The PoliGAF/Depends Daily Tracking poll is pretty consistent. The results of the past week have been:
10/21 - fuck
10/22 - Fuck
10/23 - FUCK
10/24 - FUCK
10/25 - FUCK!
10/26 - Fuck
10/27 - fuck
10/28 - FUCK!!!!

Geg

The PoliGAF/Depends Daily Tracking poll is pretty consistent. The results of the past week have been:
10/21 - fuck
10/22 - Fuck
10/23 - FUCK
10/24 - FUCK
10/25 - FUCK!
10/26 - Fuck
10/27 - fuck
10/28 - FUCK!!!!

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| FUCK!

Wilsongt

During an interview with WGN Radio today, Meet the Press host Chuck Todd weighed in on recent hacked emails released by WikiLeaks purportedly from Clinton ally John Podesta, claiming that they show the Clinton Foundation needs to be shuttered.

Speaking to host Steve Cochran, Todd was upfront with his feelings about what should happen to the charitable foundation if Hillary Clinton is elected.

“Let me go to bottom line — there is no way under any circumstance the Clinton Foundation should be operating if she becomes president,” Todd told Cochran.

Later, he added, “I just don’t see how they can keep that going.”

K

Blader

Cv3BWh3XYAAhU4b.jpg

Is that Newt?

witness

PPP just found Murphy and Rubio tied in FL !

Yaaaas

He's going to be sent packing and it'll be goddamn glorious. When Hillary and Murphy both take the state, I can finally be proud of this dumb place for the first time since Obama won it in 2012.

Grief.exe

I'll believe it when a poll shows Murphy ahead, which has never happened.

Take this hopium man, you'll get nice and high.

Has this happened yet? Seems like a pretty easy compromise: raise Murphy's name ID and also get a general rally in Florida.

Idk, I'm not a campaign strategist. What do I know

Last time Obama was down there he mentioned Murphy almost more than Hillary, but I don't think it was a joint appearance.

Teggy

Estimated that almost 1/3 of Florida votes have already been cast, pretty amazing. Imagine trying to get all those votes cast on a single day. It seems pretty clear that our population has outgrown "Election Day" and a longer voting period should be mandated at the federal level.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Has this happened yet? Seems like a pretty easy compromise: raise Murphy's name ID and also get a general rally in Florida.

If Florida were more on the fence in terms of the general I'm sure they'd be doing this already. The issue seems to be that it's more or less locked up and Obama could be better deployed elsewhere.

Good article

eh...I have some issues with it.

Do I have any criticisms of those pollsters? No. They are experts in their field (except maybe Rasmussen – they need a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to repair their methods). There’s nothing wrong with being an outlier – every year it has to be somebody. The consolation prize is that lots of people pay attention to an outlier.

there are certain polls that we know are bunk. not because of random chance, but because they're designed to be as favorable to republicans as possible. We're in an era where polls themselves drive headlines and fundraising- it's inevitable you'll end up with some of them that are designed to produce a particular result, accuracy be damned. That's not an outlier, that's dishonesty.

If you have on one hand a group that's honest in their results with some degree of error, and another that's simply lying about their results because it's profitable to do so, the "actual answer" isn't "between the two" you ignore the result that's dishonest. Or to put it another way, If Fox news and breitbart are saying 2+2= 8, and CBS/ABC/NPR/CNN/MSNBC/WSJ is saying 2+2=4, the answer isn't 6.

Gravis, rasmussen, and IBD are in that latter category, and they're in that category EVERY cycle. There's no attempt to correct methodology, they simply repeat terrible results every 4 years- and IBD goes out of their way to try to hide this by arbitrarily moving their final polls and touting the "accuracy".

LA Times at least seems to just have had the bad luck to get a terrible sample, so their "experiment" didn't really pan out well. Gallup had awful methodology in 2012, admitted their assumptions were bad, and had the sense to take 2016 off. Those other three, not so much. At some point you stop reporting them and giving them the attention.

also:

. Senate control is totally up in the air. There is Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania…so much to do. Donate your time and money to the side that you favor. Or, use the Competitive House Race Finder in the left sidebar.

"totally up in the air" seems a bit conservative. It's leaning D at this point.

Bowdz

I thought I heard CNN say that Obama's Orlando rally today was going to be a joint rally with Murphy. Obama REALLY hates Rubio.

Isn't this kind of true? Quite a lot of red states have terrible economies. People in Kansas don't really care that tech jobs are booming in big cities in states that are half a country away.

Many red states are actually doing OK/along the national average.

The issue is that rural areas aren't getting any better, and they won't get any better. The economy of today and tomorrow is in the cities.

Grief.exe

If Florida were more on the fence in terms of the general I'm sure they'd be doing this already. The issue seems to be that it's more or less locked up and Obama could be better deployed elsewhere.

It is also arguable that these down ballot races are more important than the general now.

Also, just gotta say. I had an MRI this morning. Without insurance, I'd have been screwed. I recently lost one of my contracts (I'm self employed),but because of the exchange, where I buy my insurance, I didn't have to worry about that. I had pre-existing conditions (my eyes) that prevented me from getting insurance before.Today, I had a $100 copay, which was completely doable. Without the ACA, I'd probably be sitting here without insurance or without the ability to go to the doctor.

So ,what I'm trying to say, is thanks Obama.

question: do mother tongue Spanish speakers get under polled by pollsters?

most pollsters don't poll in spanish, so the answer is yes there.

This is why states with high latino populations can be tough to poll.

Latino decisions is one of the few that does. They're generally considered pretty accurate when trying to get a feel for what way the latino population is leaning.

User1608

Banned
Also, just gotta say. I had an MRI this morning. Without insurance, I'd have been screwed. I recently lost one of my contracts (I'm self employed),but because of the exchange, where I buy my insurance, I didn't have to worry about that. I had pre-existing conditions (my eyes) that prevented me from getting insurance before.Today, I had a $100 copay, which was completely doable. Without the ACA, I'd probably be sitting here without insurance or without the ability to go to the doctor.

So ,what I'm trying to say, is thanks Obama.
I'm glad you had the MRI and are covered.:)

why does barry hate little marco so much? any why does little marco suck so bad that he keeps flailing against a scrublord like Murphy?

Also I'd like to add that what the NC GOP has done to early voting in the cities is downright criminal. One of the five early voting sites in my county-and the only one that was really close to the large suburban population of the county (Durham, democratic stronghold) was basically 15 polling booths stuffed + staffing into a church classroom designed for groups of 10-15 students.

Some of the other polling places (our swank new library, the country BOE) were larger, but it's clear that early voting was chopped in half statewide and clear from the Sunday hour changes that it targets African Americans the most. NC Dems should be howling at their supporters to get to the polls to tear down this garbage.

Stop
RCP Average 10/5 - 10/18 -- -- 49.3 43.0 Feingold +6.3
Monmouth* 10/15 - 10/18 403 LV 4.9 52 44 Feingold +8
WPR/St. Norbert 10/13 - 10/16 664 LV 3.8 52 40 Feingold +12
Marquette 10/6 - 10/9 878 LV 3.9 48 46 Feingold +2
CBS News/YouGov 10/5 - 10/7 993 LV 4.3 45 42 Feingold +3
Loras 10/4 - 10/5 500 LV 4.4 40 45 Johnson +5
Gravis 10/4 - 10/4 1102 RV 3.0 53 41 Feingold +12
Emerson 9/19 - 9/20 700 LV 3.6 52 42 Feingold +10
Marquette 9/15 - 9/18 677 LV 4.8 47 41 Feingold +6
Monmouth 8/27 - 8/30 404 LV 4.9 54 41 Feingold +13
Marquette 8/25 - 8/28 650 LV 5.0 48 45 Feingold +3
Marquette 8/4 - 8/7 683 LV 5.0 53 42 Feingold +11
Marquette 7/7 - 7/10 665 LV 4.5 49 44 Feingold +5
PPP (D)* 6/22 - 6/23 843 RV 3.4 50 37 Feingold +13
Marquette 6/6 - 6/9 666 LV 4.9 51 42 Feingold +9
WPR/St. Norbert 4/12 - 4/15 616 RV 4.0 51 41 Feingold +10
Emerson 3/30 - 4/3 1198 LV 2.8 48 44 Feingold +4
Marquette 3/24 - 3/28 957 LV 4.1 47 44 Feingold +3
Marquette 2/18 - 2/21 802 RV 4.5 49 37 Feingold +12
Marquette 1/21 - 1/24 806 LV 4.0 50 37 Feingold +13
Marquette 11/12 - 11/15 803 RV 4.2 49 38 Feingold +11
WPR/St. Norbert 10/14 - 10/17 603 RV 4.9 51 40 Feingold +11
Marquette 9/24 - 9/28 803 RV 4.1 50 36 Feingold +14
Marquette 8/13 - 8/16 803 RV 3.5 47 42 Feingold +5
Marquette 4/7 - 4/10 803 RV 3.5 54 38 Feingold +16
PPP (D) 3/6 - 3/8 1071 RV 3.0 50 41 Feingold +9
PPP (D) 9/13 - 9/16 1180 RV 2.9 49 42 Feingold +7
PPP (D) 2/21 - 2/24 1799 RV 2.3 52 42 Feingold +10

They have extra money and want to be sure

I'm going to attribute Murphy's rise from the grave solely to Obama's star. He annihilated Rubio and said great things about Murphy in that Miami rally.

He's going back to Florida today and drag Murphy's scrub ass across the finish line. Based Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom