• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I thought after Heck disavowed Trump that polled had swung in favor of Masto. The way people here are talking makes it seem Masto is in deep trouble? Or am I reading things wrong?

sazzy

r/donald and 4chan have started a #DraftOurDaughters #DieForHer meme. So far, I've only seen on that reddit and being posted by donald supporters on twitter.

Its pretty pathetic.

2PSwuW.jpg

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I voted. As usual, The Stranger (our local radical skate punk progressive nightlife paper) has hilarious editorial board endorsement guide.

http://www.thestranger.com/news/201...ements-for-the-november-2016-general-election

I voted before reading it, but they're super useful for figuring out the bullshit comptroller wonkery and wankery.

Heh...I always find The Stranger to be a fun read but I haven't gotten out anywhere that has a stand to pick up a copy. Thanks for sharing this.

I thought after Heck disavowed Trump that polled had swung in favor of Masto. The way people here are talking makes it seem Masto is in deep trouble? Or am I reading things wrong?

Masto's lead almost all polling until one NBC poll showed her down by 7 where Heck was winning Latinos. Against the potentially first Latina senator. So.

Masto's lead almost all polling until one NBC poll showed her down by 7 where Heck was winning Latinos. Against the potentially first Latina senator. So.

But Heck's team pointed out that Cortez Masto couldn't actually be Latina because her skin looks white.

That is definitely going to appeal to Latino voters.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I wonder who is really pushing for Biden to be SoS,

Just not a fan of the idea.

Fight for her...?

They're trying to propagate the idea that Hillary is some kind of neocon hawk that will drag us into more conflicts with escalating troop needs.

Doesn't make much sense-Clinton's FP is clearly similar to Obama's, and he's been adamant about avoiding any kind of large scale deployments.

QPac downballot:

GEORGIA: Isakson 54 - Barksdale 40
IOWA: Grassley 56 - Judge 38
NORTH CAROLINA GOV: Cooper 49 - McCrory 47
NORTH CAROLINA SENATE: Burr 48 - Ross 47

Zukkoyaki

I'm concerned about what's going on in these betting markets. Big swings towards Trump.
They're foolishly buying into the tightening narrative instead of actually looking at data.

Notice how Clinton's chances of winning Florida have dropped quite a bit in the betting markets despite her getting 4 polls this week that have her at least +3? That's what happens when 24-hour news media laser focuses on the one outlier (Selzer/Bloomberg).

North Carolina likely voters who cast early ballots go 61 - 34 percent for Ross over Burr and 61 - 34 percent for Cooper over McCrory.

This is interesting because it seems as if Cooper and Ross voters are in lockstep with one another. I wouldn't be thrilled about that if I were McCrory or Burr. The more votes they bank, the harder it's going to be to come back.

r/donald and 4chan have started a #DraftOurDaughters #DieForHer meme. So far, I've only seen on that reddit and being posted by donald supporters on twitter.

Its pretty pathetic.
I don't think anyone answered my previous question relating to it:
Hey, can anyone find that Duncan Hunter anecdote about adding something about women in the military as a poison pill to some bill, and then finding out that people actually thought it was a good idea? Because that's basically what the #DraftOurDaughters hashtag is like right now.

Edit: Or maybe it wasn't Duncan Hunter. All I remember is that it was some Republican in the House and it came up in one of the previous PoliGAF threads this fall.
Also I've posted with it on Twitter and I'm not a Donald supporter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/cooljeanius/status/792008468840546304?p=v

So Poligaf hasnt talked about governor's races yet.

Flip: NC, IN

Hold: MO, WV, MT

R could Flip: VT, NH

No, NH is not voting for Sununu. Northern Pass is incredibly disliked in NH and Sununu is the one that supports it.

The NHGOP fucked themselves over by making a PseudoEnvironmentalist opposition to Windmills. The exact same kind of PseudoEnvironmentalist reasoning can much more easily be used to oppose Northern Pass, so I know of even numerous conservatives up in NH that are opposed to Northern Pass.

CNN is now saying it is a horse race AND it's over

Schrodinger's election!

This is interesting because it seems as if Cooper and Ross voters are in lockstep with one another. I wouldn't be thrilled about that if I were McCrory or Burr. The more votes they bank, the harder it's going to be to come back.

Partisan voting is a hell of a drug. All this talk about split ticket voting for downballot ignores the huge burden that the GOP has to get their partisans to vote.

lyrick

What was podesta's response?

Hopefully he followed the instructions on the Tech support email and turned on two factor Authentication by following the instructions sent to Sara...

HFA Help Desk said:
... John needs to change his password immediately, and ensure that two-factor authentication is turned on his account.

He can go to this link: https://myaccount.google.com/security to do both. It is absolutely imperative that this is done ASAP.

This was legit advice

thebloo

To be honest, this could clearly be edited by wikileaks to make it seem like the Clintons are idiots

The refer to the "gmail one" as if there's another. But we don't see that.

They gave him the right link and were talking about TFA

Yeah. I mean I'm not ruling out incompetence, but the IT guy looks 20-30 something if you look him up. Even the worst "IT dude" I've ever seen would not consider legit an email with the subject of "Someone has your password" and a shortened URL.

HILLARY IS GOING TO ARIZONA ON WEDNESDAY IT'S HAPPENING

Brian Fallon weighs in:

@brianfallon: Arizona ain't an indulgence. It's a true battleground. Perhaps even more favorable-looking right now than some other places we've been on TV

Well, they gave him the legitimate link to change them. Maybe there's another email that they're talking about in that thread. Since, you know, he did get hacked.

I put the link into a webpage to resolve the bit.ly without having to go there myself and got this as the base page:

http://myaccount.google.com-securitysettingpage.tk

That isn't the actual link to change it.

Quick Edit: If he changed his account credentials through the help desk's link there's nothing wrong. However, if he changed it through the link in the original e-mail that almost definitely is what got him hacked.

I voted. As usual, The Stranger (our local radical skate punk progressive nightlife paper) has hilarious editorial board endorsement guide.

http://www.thestranger.com/news/201...ements-for-the-november-2016-general-election

I voted before reading it, but they're super useful for figuring out the bullshit comptroller wonkery and wankery.

Yeah, this was super helpful with voting this year, gave me a lot of good research jump off points. Been reading these guys on and off since the late 90s. Fun stuff!

thefro

Hillary wins Scholastic Poll

yTb3e07.jpg

pnje1lL.jpg

Scholastic said:
The Democratic candidate for president received 52 percent of the student votes, while her main challenger, Republican Donald Trump, received 35 percent. The remaining 13 percent was split among dozens of write-in candidates.

The person with the third most votes was Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party, who received about 2 percent. Not far behind were Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who had challenged Clinton for the Democratic nomination (the act of being formally chosen as a candidate for a job or position), and Green Party candidate Jill Stein. About 153,000 students nationwide, from kindergarten through grade 12, voted online or by mail-in paper ballot.

Since 1940, the results of the student vote have usually mirrored the outcome of the presidential election. In fact, Scholastic readers have been wrong only twice. In 1948, kids picked Thomas E. Dewey over President Harry S. Truman. And in 1960, more students voted for Richard M. Nixon than for the eventual president, John F. Kennedy.

Iowa definitely going red down the road.

thebloo

I put the link into a webpage to resolve the bit.ly without having to go there myself and got this as the base page:

http://myaccount.google.com-securitysettingpage.tk

That isn't the actual link to change it.

Quick Edit: If he changed his account credentials through the help desk's link there's nothing wrong. However, if he changed it through the link in the original e-mail that almost definitely is what got him hacked.

Yeah, by they I meant the IT guys. Which was one guy in this instance.

I don't know exactly what the "gmail is real" part means. But giving Podesta the actual google link to change his password and turn on 2FA is not a bad practice.

Yeah, by they I meant the IT guys. Which was one guy in this instance.

I don't know exactly what the "gmail is real" part means. But giving Podesta the actual google link to change his password and turn on 2FA is not a bad practice.

Agreed. It's easy to say without being in the situation, but I think IT should have said 'use this link just in case' since they knew it was a valid link. If you get an email like that which could be phishing, it doesn't hurt to change your password anyways. I just always make sure to go through the site myself and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom