• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The anti-Bayh commercials recently have been brutally effective.

No one knows. There was rumors of two more oppo dumps on the level of the Access Hollywood tape, one of which was said to be as bad and one supposedly even worse. The first anyone thought of as being worse than grab em by the pussy would be Trump using the n-word. Hence, Hillary's campaign has a tape of Trump saying the n-word.

Supposedly in the Apprentice b-roll. But those videos are under a vault and key is hidden inside one of NBC executive's butt.

Ah n-word tape would help Trump with his base tho

I can't believe this election is so close. Why do so many people support such a bad person to be our leader?

At this point I'm feeling like this country deserves to get taken down a peg or two (the nice way to say it).

I can't believe this election is so close. Why do so many people support such a bad person to be our leader?

At this point I'm feeling like this country deserves to get taken down a peg or two (the nice way to say it).

My mom seems to want to vote for trump solely because of having a republican Supreme Court even though she's fully aware he's a terrible racist asshole. That's just an ancedotal thing though.

I didn't think the needle would move on Clinton, this late in the game people's minds are made up. Besides anything attached to Wikileaks is looking more and more like a joke / Russian meddleling.

BiggNife

Because our country is strongly divided across party lines. Repubs would vote for a moldy ham sandwich over Clinton and likewise for Dems and Trump.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Screwing over the poor and middle class for decades, not to mention what would be done to minority rights, is not what I'd call "taking down a peg or two."

What I meant by that is that if we don't win it, it will mean the GOP hasn't been punished for their unprecedented obstruction for Obamas nominee. I see no reason with that in mind for them to not continuing to do it over the next 4 years.

And then if they win in 2020 we might get that generation of crazy scotuses anyway.

Blader

Ah n-word tape would help Trump with his base tho

There's a sizable contingent of suburban, white, college-educated Republicans and moderates who don't see or hear racism unless it's the n-word. It's the simplest, most potent way to get even the most head-in-sand white American to acknowledge racist behavior.
What I meant by that is that if we don't win it, it will mean the GOP hasn't been punished for their unprecedented obstruction for Obamas nominee. I see no reason with that in mind for them to not continuing to do it over the next 4 years.

And then if they win in 2020 we might get that generation of crazy scotuses anyway.

The GOP has been unpunished for years of obstruction already. Dems didn't punish the GOP for shutting down the government and nearly defaulting on the national debt, they just stayed home in '14.

Boke1879

Some of you just need to realize how partisan this country really is. They may not vote for Trump and he won't win the Presidency, but they will vote downballot.

Just the way it is unfortunately. Dems really need to start voting in non Presidential years.

jtb

Banned
Some of you just need to realize how partisan this country really is. They may not vote for Trump and he won't win the Presidency, but they will vote downballot.

Just the way it is unfortunately. Dems really need to start voting in non Presidential years.

The trick is to make sure enough of them don't turn out to vote at all.

Because our country is strongly divided across party lines. Repubs would vote for a moldy ham sandwich over Clinton and likewise for Dems and Trump.

See, I have a really hard time believing Dems would vote for Hitler 2.0 over an otherwise normal Republican. I am at least confident in myself that I would not vote for a psychopath just because they were a Democrat.

Maybe it is naive of me to say this, but Democrats don't seem to have the intense mob mentality that Republicans have. Even now, I would vote for a strong Republican over a poor Democrat.

And I hate modern Republicans.

thefro

The anti-Bayh commercials recently have been brutally effective.

If you look at the numbers for President/IN-Gov's race, it basically seems like this particular Monmouth poll is +5-6 Republican compared to their last one (in all the races). The Hillary/Trump margin expanded the same amount. Gregg had a big lead so he could afford to get it cut in half.

Obviously Bayh isn't doing as well as he did in August, but I don't think he's slipped recently compared to the national horserace.

At this point, he already won his base.

I no longer believe an oppo exists. I used to, but I think Hillary is going to have to pull this off on her own now.

There's a sizable contingent of suburban, white, college-educated Republicans and moderates who don't see or hear racism unless it's the n-word. It's the simplest, most potent way to get even the most head-in-sand white American to acknowledge racist behavior.

The GOP has been unpunished for years of obstruction already. Dems didn't punish the GOP for shutting down the government and nearly defaulting on the national debt, they just stayed home in '14.

Election night has me shook already
I hope there is a drop this week that helps keep Trump out of office

I don't trust polls because I don't trust voters when given shifty choices to vote on

sphagnum

Banned
See, I have a really hard time believing Dems would vote for Hitler 2.0 over an otherwise normal Republican. I am at least confident in myself that I would not vote for a psychopath just because they were a Democrat.

Maybe it is naive of me to say this, but Democrats don't see to have the intense mob mentality that Republicans have. Even now, I would vote for a strong Republican over a poor Democrat.

And I hate modern Republicans.

How about a Huey Long?

Boke1879

The trick is to make sure enough of them don't turn out to vote at all.

True, but that electorate is ok with voting for a sexist, racist and incompetent man, and those that aren't voting for him would rather retain control of the senate and House in order to "check" a Hillary Clinton Presidency.

Dierce

Yeah fuck minorities right?

It's not just minorities though. The damage will be felt by everyone, even his own base. Everything he says is absolutely dangerous and completely disingenuous at its best.

Orange turd is further removed from reality than any wannabe dictator that has ever existed. He is not only reckless he is also hopelessly stupid and easily manipulated by anyone who disregards social equality and has at least a single working brain cell.

lol people keep saying this but loads of minorities and young people would simply just not vote. I don't think dems would have an issue just not voting for a racist maniac like white voters are this year. Posters keep stating this false equivalency all up and through this thread. Republicans are voting for Trump because a lot of them are simply racist!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Shit, even Alberto Gonzalez is going after Comey. You know you fucked up when Gonzales ,a torture apologist, thinks you're out of line.

CwDzhRUWIAA7FBr.jpg

johnny956

I believe in Kander. I have a feeling he is going to save our asses

He really is the good candidate as a democrat senator for Missouri. Military experience is always huge and doesn't seem to get involved with gun rights. Koster our democrat governor candidate is endorsed by the NRA. Only way we can get democrats in office in Missouri. I don't necessarily agree with it but understand there would be no way they would get elected if they pushed that agenda hard

The impact of this obstruction is significantly worse than the government shut down. If they keep the senate and obstruct for another four years and just appoint whoever they want in 2020 then we are in the middle of a legitimate constitutional crisis.

We need to win the senate and install a liberal leaning scouts ASAP to give us a chance of getting rulings that will stop their bullshit.

Diablos

There have been constant negative stories about Bayh for the last two weeks as I posted prior.

Trying to separate those effects from Comey is not possible in this poll.

So be a better poster.
So if he's already taking a hit due to other things, Comey isn't going to help. I'm well aware of Monmouth too but I think we need more quality polls before being so confident about zero impact.

It's not unrealistic to think that Comey could end up shaving off a percent or two in a red state like IN. Especially if more Republicans are coming home. It's not unrealistic to think that it already being tied suggests that even minimal interference from any other event is not desirable.

It's Monday and we need more good polls before we can say without any doubt that Comey isn't hurting the downballot in any way for Dems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom