• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. I think the trump stuff can be pretty comfortably shoved under the rug. Just come up with some bullshit rehearsed responses along the lines of "I'm not the same person I was 3-4 years ago" and "Trump lost and I'm going to win, and that means making some decisions that he didn't." Republicans will be happy with that.

Pence comes off as a pretty good bullshitter to me and he appeals to the base. Evangelicals love him. I could see him doing pretty well in Republican primaries.

Nah, Trump has become too toxic of a figure, and if the rumors are true that part of the Democrats strategy after this election is to keep bringing up Trump as a sort of anti-Reagan to try and cut off potential growth of the GOP, it's not going to be a stink he can easily shake off. He can try those canned responses, but they're so easy to take down. "You say you're different now, but you were so convinced of Donald Trump before you agreed to be his VP? You defended him against highly racist and sexist scandals. Governor, will you just say anything to be in power?" I'm also expecting the head GOP leaders to go after Trump hard after this election to try and disavow and disassociate with him, creating mix feelings through the Republican base.

I don't know, I just don't think he'll be able to shake off the stink to have a real chance at winning.

Grexeno

I know it's mainly because of the IDB/LA Times/ABC daily tracking polls but it's pretty disturbing seeing the RCP aggregate go from 7.1 to 2.5 in the past 2 weeks. According to their graph Clinton hasn't even lost any voters, trump has just been gaining the last bit of Republicans who weren't gonna vote for him before.
Tracking polls, man. Pollster still has her up 7.

Teggy

Taniel, etc. are saying that polling by reputable pollsters has dropped off, which is having an interesting effect on the aggregates. Possibly because they are scared of getting things wrong, like Gallup last election. Only polls coming are from partisan pollsters.

mo60

He'll just run for governor in 2018 and win because it's an off-year, and the media will talk about him as some resurgent politician. He's not dead even if Murphy beats him.

Rubio's going to be crushed again if he somewhow managed to run in the republican primary again.

Rural Ohio y'all:

yalbwkmwjevjivdjqdod.jpg
Being from rural Ohio, I'm not at all shocked.

He'll just run for governor in 2018 and win because it's an off-year, and the media will talk about him as some resurgent politician. He's not dead even if Murphy beats him.
That's what I've been thinking and why even if plugging money in the state for Murphy to have a hope of beating him isn't the right move in my amateur and uninformed opinion because he could probably win the governorship.

Peter Thiel said that Hillary will start WW3 with Russia today which will be the end of civilization due to nuclear war.

This is an official Trump campaign talking point and that's just so impressive.

rjinaz

Peter Thiel said that Hillary will start WW3 with Russia today which will be the end of civilization due to nuclear war.

This is an official Trump campaign talking point and that's just so impressive.

You think these extremist would find a new talking point. Same one they used with Obama, and somehow we're still here. I guess it gets a reaction out of people and that's the whole point.

Boke1879

Corey was literally seen with a damn Jacket over his head with Trump while being employed by CNN and still getting a check from Trump.

Boke1879

Whoever thought email story would die down lol

Not really sure what HRC campaign can do either, just concentrate on mobilizing voters.

She doesn't have to do anything but campaign. It's not swaying voters. Like you said. She just needs to campaign with her surrogates and turn people out to vote. That's it.

Hopfrog

Yeah, CNN can fuck right off with that nonsense while still employing Lewandowski. The fact that they continue to have confirmed moron Blitzer as a lead anchor shows the level of intelligence at that network.

rjinaz

Looks like Trump's "the media is corrupt and against me" message is working. Even CNN has to play along with it, in fear of people believing it. Good job Trump and good job CNN for giving in to these assclowns.

It's kind of crazy that even the averages are not in agreement. Pollster is on the higher end of a Clinton lead, NYT and 538 are in the middle, RCP is much lower.

Whoever thought email story would die down lol

Not really sure what HRC campaign can do either, just concentrate on mobilizing voters.

I mean, all they have to do is win, which they are.

The story is still around, but I do feel it's got a much more mixed talking point than I think Comey and the GOP wanted it to have. Partially, it's reignited the e-mail talk, but a lot of that talk has been about the blow back on Comey's action. It's pure speculation, but I can't help but think they thought it was going to be a slam dunk but it ended up not going the way it was expected, at least it doesn't seem to having major effect right now.

rjinaz

Wait hold on. Blitzer is dumb but he fucking destroyed Guiliani on Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57RCu78SfEc

Credit where credit's due. Brocken clock etc.

Yeah Wolf has been calling out the shit when he sees it. I feel like he's just doing it because his colleagues are as well, but nonetheless, he's not letting things go. Though I kind of feel like CNN has sort of lost it's edge with Trump surrogates since the FBI statement. Now they are putting the Clinton people on the defense. They don't need to for the sake of impartiality. Trump and his supporters don't deserve impartial treatment.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Lack of quality polling leads to this. Averages get decided by which crappy polls you put into them.

There's so much variance in the polls that it seems like at least half of them are crappy. When MOE is only a few points for all polls and yet you have some polls with Trump/Clinton nearly tied and other polls have Clinton landslides, how do you choose?

It's kind of crazy that even the averages are not in agreement. Pollster is on the higher end of a Clinton lead, NYT and 538 are in the middle, RCP is much lower.
Yeah I'm not really sure who to believe right now. Huffington post putting trump in the "entertainment" section and being so clearly biased against him (not saying thats a bad thing) makes me not think it's a coincidence that they have the aggregate with the highest Clinton lead, RCP has all those daily tracking polls making it appear very close, guess I'll just have to stick with NYT and 538 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom