• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Seriously. She is a total dumbass. Like no one even solicited her help from Clinton campaign.

I love Donna. But she was fucking stupid here. Like you said no solicitation at all. Not to mention why would you put it in an email?

You make a damn phone call if you felt compelled.

CwDUM5NVIAEK2kh.jpg
Hnggggggg

This is in Florida.
What does this mean? We're turning out people who haven't voted before. The GOP is turning out their base. THIS IS GOOD.

Cerium

I always hated how they tried to hype up Little Marco as a Republican Obama.

Obama had substance. Obama electrified a party and the electorate. He wasn't manufactured. You can't just replicate that by seizing on the first handsome minority within reach.

thebloo

I love Donna. But she was fucking stupid here. Like you said no solicitation at all. Not to mention why would you put it in an email?

You make a damn phone call if you felt compelled.

But what if Hillary WONK Clinton did not prepare an answer about Flint in Michigan?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have criticized Harry Reid in the past for some of the things he has done.

Not today. This is how democrats need to be. Good job, Harry.

there are different prices the state pays depending on where and who is buying it up and down the chain.

it makes all of the prices equal to whatever the VA is paying.

they may increase what they charge the VA as a result, which means we don't "save" money per se, and the VA gets hit with a larger bill than usual.

I'm no expert on the matter, but it seems to me that if this happens there should be a follow-up amendment of some sort that essentially regulates the prices that can be charged to the VA. Prop 61 seems like a step in the right direction, at least, and the pharmaceutical industry choosing to respond by jacking up drug prices on veterans certainly isn't going to leave anyone with a warm, fuzzy impression. It's just inviting harsher oversight as the public's opinion of their business model sours.

I'd imagine some of this long-term fallout is why the industry is campaigning so hard in favor of no.

Political graphs are the fucking worse. That 3rd dimension adds no extra information
Ya, the graph is kind of shit. The important takeaway, though, is that NPA is way up, especially among people who didn't vote in 2012. These are unlikely voters that wouldnt show up in a LV screen. We know they're around 33% Hispanic/Latino. We're turning out those first time Latino voters that we hoped.

Iolo

The heights of those bars should be scaled to the total vote for each party, not the same height. It's terrible even ignoring the 3d part.

studyguy

California is silly

Our ballot initiatives aren't silly, they're often straight up dumb and in the death sentence issues being opposing props it's fucking scary. Was talking to a couple clients and they were coming to the same conclusions I was, they're poorly fucking worded in many cases and I'm not entirely sure the average person running in to vote will get every ballot's meaning 100% of the time.

So 2 sources now confirm that Comey didn't want FBI to comment on Russian hack involvement. This being true basically destroys any pretension that his letter on friday was anything but political, no ?

Tendo

Haven't been able to follow the news the last day or two. Any polls showing anything beyond a normally tightening race? Comey's letter show any affect yet or too early to tell?

Is this reversed, for some reason it looks wrong. Like it just floats off.

I think the momentum of the water in the bottle gives it some sort of inertia as it rotates out of his hand. Take a half-full plastic water bottle and toss it in the air and you'll probably notice it following a weird trajectory.

johnny956

So 2 sources now confirm that Comey didn't want FBI to comment on Russian hack involvement. This being true basically destroys any pretension that his letter on friday was anything but political, no ?

I don't see how not. These leaks gotta be coming from the DoJ. The fact they are getting multiple sources internally show how pissed off FBI/DoJ are at Comey

thebloo

Haven't been able to follow the news the last day or two. Any polls showing anything beyond a normally tightening race? Comey's letter show any affect yet or too early to tell?

Only some partisan polls. All the other polls show a ~5 point race with almost no changes.

Grief.exe

Huge NBC poll today with a 40,000 sample size ranging from before and after Comey showing no change.

News just dropped last hour showing Comey as a partisan hack.

Chad LivengoodVerified account
‏@ChadLivengood Chad Livengood Retweeted Chad Livengood
Trump indicates advisers were against coming to Michigan in last week: "I said, 'I'm going to win Michigan. So, let's see what happens.'"

lol

How do we know many of the NPA are voting D?
We don't. But we know their demographics. They're heavily Hispanic and disproportionately young. We do know that almost 30% of Hispanic voters who have voted thus far in Florida never voted before. It's less than 20% among first time white voters. So, our teams are turning out these less likely voters. This is a good thing.

CwHXqU8VMAAq21Y.jpg:large

Also, we're outperforming our margins nationally among Hispanic early voters by 8 points or so.

This is the second poll in recent days to have Queen winning in AK:

ALASKA
President:
Clinton (D) 36%
Trump (R) 33%
Johnson (L) 6%
Stein (G) 3%
Other, unsure 23%
(Craciun Research, LV, 10/21-26)
@pollreport

EDIT: super wrong. someone jus tRTd on my feed, which is why i was confused.

Only some partisan polls. All the other polls show a ~5 point race with almost no changes.

Adding to this, those unchanged polls were also held after Comey's letter. So either literally no one cares, or we're somehow not seeing the impact from it yet.

LMAo at that Brazile thread though...

Fuck it must be hard being Hillary Clinton sometimes, most of the shit about her is frequently other people doing stuff around her and then people blaming her for it.

This Comey thing and now CNN removing themselves from Brazile are killing me at work in Utah. Its all fuel for the fire of crooked Hillary.

fucking get this election over with already.

Debirudog

LMAo at that Brazile thread though...

Fuck it must be hard being Hillary Clinton sometimes, most of the shit about her is frequently other people doing stuff around her and then people blaming her for it.

I'm just amazed by it really. There's no proof that Hillary or her campaign ask for anything from Donna but then you have people typing ridiculous shit no matter the logic...

Burr audio leak and more

Sen. Richard Burr privately mused over the weekend that gun owners may want to put a "bullseye" on Hillary Clinton, according to audio obtained by CNN.

The North Carolina Republican, locked in a tight race for reelection, quipped that as he walked into a gun shop "nothing made me feel better" than seeing a magazine about rifles "with a picture of Hillary Clinton on the front of it."
"I was a little bit shocked at that -- it didn't have a bullseye on it," he said Saturday to GOP volunteers, prompting laughter from the crowd in Mooresville, North Carolina.
Burr added: "And if Hillary Clinton becomes president, I am going to do everything I can do to make sure four years from now, we still got an opening on the Supreme Court."
Burr boasted that he is responsible for the "longest judicial vacancy in history" by denying the confirmation of an Obama judge to serve in the eastern district of North Carolina.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/31/politics/richard-burr-hillary-clinton-gun-owners/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom