• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fates decided there would be one more plot twist left in this insane election. There's no other answer to how this has happened.

And now we're potentially about to get a week where Trump's Russian ties get brought back with a vengeance right before election day.

And Trump legitimately believes this is the turning point that will win him the election.

What a time to be alive.

Oriel

Reid would be privy to intelligence briefings and would know if the FBI is aware of Trump-Putin connections. The fact that we don't have Comey announcing to Congress of an investigation into Trump's potentially seditious activities (far more serious than some private email server) proves one of two things.

1. That the FBI actually have nothing on Trump which demonstrates utter imcompetency on their part or...

2. They are aware but refuse to do anything, instead focusing all their time and effort into pursuing something as irrelevant as Clinton's emails.

The latter is far more likely.

Yep, definitely two...

FBI Director James Comey privately argued against having his bureau sign onto a statement saying the Russian government was meddling in the U.S. election, CNBC first reported on Monday, citing “a former FBI official.”

A source familiar with the interagency discussions confirms to The Huffington Post that Comey declined to do so because, specifically, he was concerned the statement was coming too close to the election. The source who spoke to HuffPost is not a former FBI official and spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

Comey has been subsequently criticized ― by Democrats, ex-prosecutors and even some Republicans ― for violating protocol that says Department of Justice officials should generally avoid making these types of announcements so close to an election.

One difference between the Russia statement and the Clinton investigation is that Comey had previously kept Congress abreast about the latter while declining to discuss the former. Thus, he may have felt an obligation to continue to update lawmakers on the status of the investigation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...s_5817b25de4b064e1b4b456f4?014c15cg5cvdxcg14i

Makes you wonder the extent of pro-Russia sentiment within the entire US federal government.

Boke1879

I think the fates decided there would be one more plot twist left in this insane election. There's no other answer to how this has happened.

And now we're potentially about to get a week where Trump's Russian ties get brought back with a vengeance right before election day.

And Trump legitimately believes this is the turning point that will win him the election.

What a time to be alive.

This week should be fun. If anyone has anything it's going to be dropped. No matter how small.

Trump, Manafort, and General Michael Flynn will probably all need pardons for treason after this (if Manafort doesn't manage to flee the country) and Trump and Flynn will probably need lifetime secret service protection from Russian assassination attempts moving forward.

We're going to be spending money on these fuckheads for years :mad:

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That unh poll is b+ on 538 nature boy

Narrowed a lot since last poll but it seems like a Clinton +4 or so.

BiggNife

Rubio will probably be back in 2020 but I can't see him getting the nom unless he works on his robotic delivery during debates.

That unh poll is b+ on 538 nature boy

Narrowed a lot since last poll but it seems like a Clinton +4 or so.

It's has a bad reputation, it swings like crazy, BELIEVE ME

Their last poll had Hassan +9 now +2, but hey if that's the final result, I'll take it!

Trump, Manafort, and General Michael Flynn will probably all need pardons for treason after this (if Manafort doesn't manage to flee the country) and Trump and Flynn will probably need lifetime secret service protection from Russian assassination attempts moving forward.

We're going to be spending money on these fuckheads for years :mad:

Why would we pardon them?

I'm not sure what we would do in a situation like that. But why not try them for treason?

So, the Nightly News coverage of this was really the best we could hope for. They mentioned that it was related to Huma, tied it to her and Weiner (sorry Huma, but if I have to throw you under the bus to get the Senate....sorry girl). Showed Hillary defiant, then they showed the polls showing nothing had changed. Sleepy Eyed Chuck Todd even said "Look, this doesn't matter."

Then, they switched to covering the FBI investigation into Trump's ties to Russia through what's his face. And they weren't flattering.

HylianTom

Banned
I have internet for a bit.

And folks wondered if Chucky going nukey-nukey was a question.. ha..

It's gonna happen. It's going to be ugly.

So, the Nightly News coverage of this was really the best we could hope for. They mentioned that it was related to Huma, tied it to her and Weiner (sorry Huma, but if I have to throw you under the bus to get the Senate....sorry girl). Showed Hillary defiant, then they showed the polls showing nothing had changed. Sleepy Eyed Chuck Todd even said "Look, this doesn't matter."

Then, they switched to covering the FBI investigation into Trump's ties to Russia through what's his face. And they weren't flattering.

Humas career with Clinton is probably over isn't it? =/

It would be nice for something to come out with this Russia-Trump stuff just to change the conversation on cable news.

But I also think voter fatigue has sit in.

Look, I'm in liberal bastion of Los Angeles and this weekend people kept mentioning how they want this election to end already. They're all voting Hillary and proudly but everyone is just fucking tired of this election.

It's why I don't think this will change much. Minds are made up and people want this to go away. As bad as 2012 was, nothing was a personal and gross as this election.

And honestly, it's why I've posted less in this thread this election compared to 2012. I'm even fed up with it. Trump is a danger to our democracy but all the shit with this piece of human excrement has tired me out.

Other two networks:

@Hadas_Gold

Thus far coverage on broadcast nets ABC/CBS re: Comey/FBI is mostly about Comey coming under criticism, esp Repubs criticism

Cerium

Hillary was even loyal to Mark Penn, one of the most undeserving parasites she'd ever picked up. She won't ditch Huma. She'll issue the pardon herself if she has to.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hillary was even loyal to Mark Penn, one of the most undeserving parasites she'd ever picked up. She won't ditch Huma. She'll issue the pardon herself if she has to.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of firing someone for optics.
There needs to be a reason.

Iolo

As someone who does this shit for a living I have to say this is far from a smoking gun. Suspicious, sure, but this wouldn't even pass the bar to get a search warrant in a criminal investigation.

Out of curiosity when you say you do this for a living, do you mean you are one of the foremost DNS experts in the world with access to nearly 100% of the world's DNS traffic, or what

rjinaz

Good good. So many people told me that this would be huge news all week this week. As Donald would say, Wrong!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Trump server/Russia thing is just incredibly frightening. Like, "Trump wins, leave the country" frightening.

BadRNG

As someone who does this shit for a living I have to say this is far from a smoking gun. Suspicious, sure, but this wouldn't even pass the bar to get a search warrant in a criminal investigation.

In any case, the understanding of this is way too technical for it to catch on any get any real traction.
I feel like suspicious doesn't even do it justice. What explanation could there be for them changing the server being used as soon as the NYT asked about it? Or the spikes exactly during high profile political events? I'm the opposite of expert on this so maybe there is a reasonable explanation but I'd love to hear it if so.

It's too technical to go into detailed coverage most likely, but there's a lot there that could be news if they wanted to. If this was a Clinton Foundation server it would be getting breaking news coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom