• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

14 vs 4 stops.

of which

6 vs 0 in Florida.

And each of those 14 Clinton campaign stops will have a well-oiled GOTV machine running to get people to the voting booth today.

Relax. Go hug your loved ones. They've got this.

No one is watching these things on CNN in the middle of the day. The big news is how many of the local news stations covers them and Clinton and her surrogates can swamp the country while Trump can't. The rallies are also about getting out the vote so having surrogates helping do that is extremely important.
The shy Trump voter watches. And then enthused he runs out to vote without any need for a gotv operation and then finds a black neighbourhood to poll watch.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone actually know what Tim Kaine actually does on a day to day basis? Has anyone even seen Tim Kaine? Did the lizard people get to him?!

Eidan

Yeah, I was just talking to a buddy of mine who is working for the Clinton campaign in Florida. They're not sleeping on black voters. I expect the numbers to rebound.

Does anyone actually know what Tim Kaine actually does on a day to day basis? Has anyone even seen Tim Kaine? Did the lizard people get to him?!

To be fair, no one covers where Mike Pence goes (except for him going to Utah because it was funny). Even in a normal election season, no one cares what the VP candidate is doing.

Zukkoyaki

I bring thee some hope of new polls!

PA: Clinton +11 (up 2 from september, F&M)
VA: Clintin +6 (down 1 from August, WaPo)
National: +6 (IPSOS)

And I know it's landline bullshit from Emerson, but according to their post Comey polla she has gained a point in VA and Maine.

Blader

Yea she's getting the best vote she can get but the democrats are doing nothing in the way of appealing to black voters besides saying Trump will be worse. It's already bad for them right now so fear can only do so much. She needed to actually go into detail how it's going to get better. It's too late at this point to sway the black turnout signifantly. Gotv might move the percentage a bit but not close to 2012 levels. Damage is done and they can just hope substantial turnout for hispanics is enough to offset it

She has given pretty detailed policy positions on criminal justice reform, institutional racism in the police, and mass incarceration hasn't she? She's given multiple speeches about how the lead poisoning in Flint would generated a quicker response if it had happened to affluent white communities. She has had multiple interactions or meetings with BLM protestors.

I genuinely don't understand what level of detail Hillary has failed to go into that is depressing African-American turnout. Like, other than not being Obama, can someone please tell me how she's fucking up with African-American outreach?

I bring thee some hope of new polls!

PA: Clinton +11 (up 2 from september, F&M)
VA: Clintin +6 (down 1 from August, WaPo)
National: +6 (IPSOS)

And I know it's landline bullshit from Emerson, but according to their post Comey polla she has gained a point in VA and Maine.

Clintin! Fuck I knew that there was gonna be a spoiler in VA similar to McMuffin in UT. GAME OVER GUYS GAME OVER!

I saw earlier that one of his kids will be in Michigan each of the next three days. Question is, what kind of a crowd does a Trump kid get? Can Eric Trump even pull 50 people?

Trump Jr. filled a hot dog stand when he was here in Maine a few days ago. The local paper noted that he, "gobbled down one wiener." Huge crowd for a hot dog stand. Huge. Outstanding.

CITtrumpjrLepage1P101616.jpg

She has given pretty detailed policy positions on criminal justice reform, institutional racism in the police, and mass incarceration hasn't she? She's given multiple speeches about how the lead poisoning in Flint would generated a quicker response if it had happened to affluent white communities. She has had multiple interactions or meetings with BLM protestors.

I genuinely don't understand what level of detail Hillary has failed to go into that is depressing African-American turnout. Like, other than not being Obama, can someone please tell me how she's fucking up with African-American outreach?

If I were to guess, I would say that all the police shootings over the past few years where police should have been held accountable (but weren't) has made a lot of younger black voters very disgusted by US politics.

It's stupid because obviously not voting fixes absolutely nothing, but I can understand how younger black voters would be very disgusted by US politics when cops can be caught on video murdering black men and even black minors and end up with not even a slap on the wrist.

Zukkoyaki

the fbi thing wasnt huge?
It had already shifted double digits and seemingly no based on every half decent poll released that included the FBI incident. Monmouth, YouGov, Morning Consult, SurveyMonkey and IPSOS have reported very little effect. According to the NYT article, internals have shown a small drop in enthusiasm but it hasn't shaken them at all. It's the pundits that are going crazy over all of it.

Is Hillary really messing up African-American outreach, or is it more a matter of Barry 2012 just putting up insane numbers that can't realistically be replicated, and that the campaign wasn't planning on replicating? Hillary's coalition has always looked different from Obama's-much more wider.

also, just as an aside, if I had to put the burden of saving the republic on any one demographic, I'd choose African-American women without hesitation. They'll come through.

Teggy

Someone talk me down from...everything!

Trump (or maybe Pence) will unveil his checkmate Obamacare replacement today!

Isn't Jaguar Johnson a character from Guacamelee?

It still seems pretty crazy that a vaguely worded email could stop a presidency, versus actual evidence on tape of a candidate being a sleazeball.

But seems the narrative now is that Clinton's presidency is already invalid, more than Obama's, and that Repubs will continue their obstructionism and investigations, so why vote for a dem when you know the republicans will be jerks?

When Clinton wins and the Establishment wing of the GOP is toppled by the White Nationalist morons that make up a large chunk of the party, we should expect "lone wolf" incidents to escalate.

This is why I hope Clinton's DOJ focuses loudly and overtly on radicalization within White communities, if nothing else to make these fuckers scared that at any time some REAL jack-booted thugs may crash into their Moose Lodge or hunting shacks.

As Breitbart began publishing its articles, the online attacks grew more intense. On Twitter and Facebook, users called for a boycott of Chobani. An image was widely shared on social media that claimed Mr. Ulukaya was “going to drown the United States in Muslims and is importing them to Idaho 300 at a time to work in his factory.” And bloggers fabricated stories claiming that Chobani was pressuring local officials “to facilitate their multitude of Muslim friendly/Islamification requests.”

Soon the mayor of Twin Falls, Shawn Barigar, found himself at the center of a conspiracy theory.

“It got woven into a narrative that it’s all a cover-up, that we’re all trying to keep the refugees safe so that Chobani has its work force, that I personally am getting money from the Obama administration to help Chobani hire whoever they want, that it’s part of this Islamification of the United States,” he said. “It’s crazy.”

As the online comments escalated this summer, Mr. Barigar and his wife received death threats.

Breitbart said it was simply covering the news.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/b...mmigrants-chobanis-founder-draws-threats.html

Geg

So does anyone have a good explanation for what's up with the ABC/WaPo tracking poll? It feels like so much attention went to the LA Times one for being a huge outlier all election that that one kind of went under the radar.

It still seems pretty crazy that a vaguely worded email could stop a presidency, versus actual evidence on tape of a candidate being a sleazeball.

But seems the narrative now is that Clinton's presidency is already invalid, more than Obama's, and that Repubs will continue their obstructionism and investigations, so why vote for a dem when you know the republicans will be jerks?

A person's imagination can almost always create something worse than what they have seen. The imagination is a beautiful, dangerous bastard

Toxi

Banned
God, my dad is super nervous and when I call him he can't talk about anything but polls.

Kerry spooked him.

Are we also getting a senate WI poll tomorrow? I'm more worried about Feingold.

Kerry spooked him.

Man I'm glad I was young enough not to feel the full impact of that one. I do remember everyone thinking Kerry was going to win on election day though.

Zukkoyaki

Are we also getting a senate WI poll tomorrow? I'm more worried about Feingold.

Man I'm glad I was young enough not to feel the full impact of that one. I do remember everyone thinking Kerry was going to win on election day though.
Marquette will probably cover both.

Wiz

So - a week to go before our national nightmare is over. Question. Do polls this late even matter? What were the polls like at this point in 2012?

I would think what matters more at this stage are early voting numbers, and so far those have been looking good for Democrats. Nothing is showing a surge in turnout for Republicans (or "secret Trump voters").

Honestly I'm tuned out of the race at this point. Haven't been following the FBI thing much, but anyone thinking Hillary will lose is kidding themselves. She already has a solid lead and has so many paths to 270. But the only thing I'm still thinking about is the Senate. I believe we will take it, but the question is by how many seats. Some of the senate races seem unbelievably close.

So - a week to go before our national nightmare is over. Question. Do polls this late even matter? What were the polls like at this point in 2012?

On this day in 2012, Romney was ahead by .1 in the (admittedly trash) RCP average. By contrast, Clinton is ahead by 2.2 in the RCP average.

Some black kid was assaulted yesterday in my area...

He was jogging, listening to music, and a white guy jumped out of his car and tackled him, thinking he was running away from stealing something (apparently "thugs" had been seen around the area lately). His excuse "I yelled at him, but he didn't stop running!" ...because he was listening to music you idiot. And why would he stop for some crazy guy, even if he could hear him? Also why do you tackle some kid who is pretty clearly just jogging (who steals stuff and runs away via jogging and listening to music?)

Ugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom