• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumley

Banned
Hey remember when Comey said Hillary was incompetent and her polls tanked and Trump still didn't have a path to the presidency?

Remember when she almost died on TV and her polls tanked and Trump still didn't have a path to the presidency?

Her numbers tanked after the Comey hearing. Absolutely tanked. This is not good.

Syncytia

The fuckery of republicans during Hillary's presidency will reach critical levels, I hope. Thank Jesus for demographic changes.

Barzul

This is really really bad. When you have to explain shit it just looks bad and she'll have to explain stuff now. Hopefully there's not enough time to have it really seep into the consciousness of the average voter. Fuck what's the FBI playing at. It almost seems political at this point.

rjinaz

Give me a break lol

This is dead horse

Yeah lol I don't see how. People are numb to these email stories at this point unless you weren't going to vote for Hillary anyway. And it really seems like nothing will come out until after the election anyway if there is anything juicy.

FBI will need to clarify to the public what this is about. They apparently thought sending this to a bunch of republican hacks wouldn't get out.

FBI cannot assess whether this is significant/important.

SO WHY ANNOUNCE. Comey making a fool out of himself to appear impartial.

This is ridiculous. Can probably say goodbye to the landslide win now, narrow victory looking more likely if Trump continues to not shoot himself in the foot.

On what basis do you believe this?

With thousands of votes already banked + no one giving a shit about this issue besides CNN and the rabid right, it really doesn't matter beyond a negative news cycle for Clinton.

thefro

Yeah, this should have never been publicly released considering Republicans are just spinning this as the case being "reopened" when that's not exactly accurate at this point.

It's an announcement of an investigation to a possible link to the Clinton Email Investigation from a unrelated case.

This didn't need to be announced. If they confirmed that these email definitely had a direct link to the Clinton Email Investigation, then fine, make an announcement.

They just had to get SOMETHING in the headlines before November 8.

studyguy

FBI will need to clarify to the public what this is about. They apparently thought sending this e-mail to a bunch of republican hacks wouldn't get out.

Doesn't seem like it mattered much last time. If you asked the average person what they got out the last presser, it was EXTREMELY CARELESS
and I guess not illegal but who cares about that?

People will write their narratives anyway.

sazzy

this is confusing now..

tg1wr1.png

Chumley

Banned
On what basis do you believe this?

With thousands of votes already banked + no one giving a shit about this issue besides CNN and the rabid right, it really doesn't matter beyond a negative news cycle for Clinton.

Because the post-Comey hearing polls had her at her lowest numbers the entire cycle besides the health scare. People are fucking stupid and I always imagine the worst case scenario when it comes to Hillary, they're looking for reasons to not vote for her.

‏@baseballcrank 2m2 minutes ago
So, we're really sure that early voting couldn't cause people to vote before some important development in the election, eh?

Now were gonna see this used to kill early voting!

Because the post-Comey hearing polls had her at her lowest numbers the entire cycle besides the health scare. People are fucking stupid and I always imagine the worst case scenario when it comes to Hillary, they're looking for reasons to not vote for her.
The FBI drop had the director publically lambasting her and calling her an idiot on tape. Not saying they're "looking into some emails, maybe nothing."

and you know women aren't big voters on proper email etiquette

rjinaz

Yeah the people on CNN are kind of ticked at the FBI person, saying this is unprecedented involvement in the election.

Well except Wolf, with his "October surprise".

Chill out yall
I believe Clinton is going to sweep every battleground except Iowa, I'm just flummoxed at Comey's play here. Literally he's saying he's opening an investigation but doesnt know if its worth it. WHAT.

Oh I dunno, make a determination first, maybe?

At her lowest lows she was still winning!

You think this will make her go lower than her lowest lows?

tuffy

Opinions about the emails are already baked-in, so I'm not expecting a vague letter about more emails that may or may not be important to change any minds.

teiresias

Comey needs to be out on his ass the day after she takes office, and Obama should be ashamed for having appointed him in the first place in his failed attempt to appease Republicans.

Yeah, but we're eleven days out, when a bunch of early voting has already happened, when we know that HRC has a massive money and ground game advantage, and when Trump has a pattern of saying or doing something dumb to get attention back on him.

R-E-L-A-X. She'll be fine and the Senate and White House will be in good hands, too.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
James Comey is an absolute joke at this point and needs to be fired. What an unbelievable piece of shit.

Yep, he is politicising the FBI. I thought we learned not to do that.

Oh, and "bangbang i'm a timpani"

I'm still waiting for you to substantiate your claim.

thebloo

Guys, Comey found some new stuff that may be related and notified Congress since they fucking grilled him about it. It's all procedure.

And GoP is making a play. Welcome to politics.

Comey needs to be out on his ass the day after she takes office, and Obama should be ashamed for having appointed him in the first place in his failed attempt to appease Republicans.

Yeah I'm tired of this political bullshit. Democrats always fuck themselves by playing the bipartisanship crap.

Based on what little we have. Comey probably says he'll look into some shit. GOP says it's a full on investigation

He knew what he was doing when he decided to write that letter. Which is irresponsible as fuck, especially if there is nothing there in the end. Which will be interesting to see when that conclusion is reached.

They tanked

And yet

He didn't have a path to the presidency

Trump hasn't had a path this entire election, and there's been way, way, way lower lows for Hillary than this partisan nonsense will go.

It's very hard for her to lose the presidency, but the senate seemed hardly a given even when she was polling in the high single digits.

Dierce

This. It is clear that Democrats should not in any capacity work with republican politicians. They are backstabbers and only care about their own agenda over what must be done to move forward.

I'm sick of seeing how these assholes can manipulate the media and government agencies to their whim. They are part of one of the most corrupt and shameful modern political parties in the world.

rjinaz

Yeah I'm tired of this political bullshit. Democrats always fuck themselves by playing the bipartisanship crap.

I tend to agree. Being the "bigger person" party doesn't seem to be doing us any favors. It certainly doesn't seem to win over any Republicans, instead they see it as a weakness they can exploit. Really no point dealing with this party of hate at this point. Let them rebrand and then we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom