• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5z9dTm1.gif

So it's nothing. Crisis averted

Except the media will play it as something, the Clinton campaign will go full on dumb and not respond and the general public will not both trying to figure out it nothing instead of something. I'm not worried about her winning, I'm fucking worried about the senate.

No, crisis not averted.

Comey needs to release a bigger fucking letter than a vague 3 paragraph letter to GOP partisans. Americans deserve this. 15 million already voted. He's messing in politics. What a seriously stupid man.

Old woman being a dummy about handling emails who can learn from this at least or an old man who is a lifelong misogynist, accused and admitted sexual predator, racist, wants to use and for more people to have nuclear weapons who....shows no signs of changing?

Tough one.

@EsotericCD 43s43 seconds ago
Jeff B/DDHQ Retweeted Josh Kraushaar
More like for eliminating early voting altogether. No republic worthy of the name should allow non-election day voting outside of absentee.Jeff B/DDHQ added,
Josh Kraushaar @HotlineJosh
Late breaking developments like the FBI letter --> case for less than 1 month of early voting...

Its spreading.

Trump will say this by weekend's end and make it part of his "rigged" complaint

Just try to keep yourself level. There was bound to be some form of attempted fuckery prior to Election Day, and it looks like we have it.

I've been dealing with a resurgence of anxiety this past week and even this doesn't have me sweating much.

I tend to agree. Being the "bigger person" party doesn't seem to be doing us any favors. It certainly doesn't seem to win over any Republicans, instead they see it as a weakness they can exploit. Really no point dealing with this party of hate at this point. Let them rebrand and then we'll talk.

Being the 'bigger person' will rarely benefit you life, but that's not why you do it.
I totally understand why people think this way though.

I don't want to see my political part sink to that level and justify it by saying 'they started it;

People who say both parties are the same are WRONG. I'd like them to continue being wrong.

thebloo

Yeah we do.

The way everything worded you know its nothing.

I disagree. Even if he "thought" he had something big, he wouldn't write it down in a letter to Congress. I actually think Comey is competent, excepting his stupid press conference.

99% it's nothing, but we don't really have the data. Nobody does, not even Comey.

Dierce

Old woman being a dummy about handling emails who can learn from this at least or an old man who is a lifelong misogynist, accused and admitted sexual predator, racist, wants to use and for more people to have nuclear weapons who....shows no signs of changing?

Tough one.

Republicans have created this outrageously conspiratorial and fake narrative that the emails contained information that led to Benghazi. It is shit like that which people cling onto.

I live with the hope that future historians will look back at our modern politics and categorize there republican turds as nazis and other criminals.

Debirudog

Mottherfucking republicans shitting out another big ass smog for nothing.

I shouldn't be surprised but it just pisses me off.

The FBI standard right now is based on her not knowingly doing something wrong. Unless the new emails show this, then I don't think anything will happen.

So it's nothing. Crisis averted

It's nothing.

But it's extremely easy to spin it to look like something. Expect Trump to be screaming "HOW CAN YOU VOTE FOR SOMEONE CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION!!?!?!?" within the hour. I guess we're going to find out just how fatigued the American public is with this email shit.

Goodstyle

I was hoping for a total blow out, looks like we're getting a Romney style win this election. I mean, there was a tiny chance we'd win congress, but now that's gone.

Fuck Comey, he is definitely putting his finger on the scale here.

starmud

I'm sorry but at this point who the fuck wants to hear about her emails again. If this email scandal bothered you before you weren't voting for her anyway.

Trump can't even effectivity use this to his gain, what is he going to do? Claim Hillary is crooked and corrupt? She leads a mafia organization under the guise of a charity? Their hand is so over played at this point there's nothing else to say to amplify a message over the next week.

Iolo

Comey has to respond or he has basically risked the integrity of his office on this. Not because there is nothing to investigate, but because the lack of clarity is suspicious. We cannot have faith undermined in another institution of government.

Mark Murray‏ @mmurraypolitics
Yup
Sam Stein‏ @samsteinhp
FBI statement almost irresponsible in its brevity.
Mark Murray
1m
Mark Murray‏ @mmurraypolitics
Agreed. FBI should answer all questions about this.

Otherwise, truly looks like they're putting their finger on the scale of this election
John Weaver‏ @JWGOP
Director Comey should give a more complete explanation. Is this reviewing newly found emails? Is this reopening? Too much at stake.
Benjy Sarlin‏ @BenjySarlin
Might be a cool thing to do instead of an invitation to speculate in the middle of heated election involving charges of vast conspiracy
Jon Favreau‏ @jonfavs
It's insane. He at least owes the country a press briefing - anything more than a vague letter.
Matthew Yglesias‏ @mattyglesias
Dropping a letter full of portent but lacking any information 10 days before the election seems like a wild abuse of power, but ymmv.
YES Thank you!

This is what Im screaming about

Grief.exe

All of this, all of this is from less than .001% of emails that were improperly sent and improperly labeled as Hillary had a separate system for confidential information.

rjinaz

Being the 'bigger person' will rarely benefit you life, but that's not why you do it.

I don't want to see my political part sink to that level and justify it by saying 'they started it;

People who say both parties are the same are WRONG. I'd like them to continue being wrong.

I don't see how weakening the party helps us out though. We already are on the right side of social issues. This reasoning I would argue is largely why Republicans have everything but the WH. They are ruthless. Maybe we need to be just a little more direct in our approach.

I mean thank god for changing demographics because if not for that, I think the party would be done.

All of this, all of this is from less than .001% of emails that were improperly sent and improperly labeled as Hillary had a separate system for confidential information.

It's unbelievable. It really is. Trump on stage now acting like Hillary is being walked into the electric chamber right now.

teiresias

There were plenty of people Obama could have appointed to the position other than a prior appointee of the Bush administration. This isn't even a hard thing to do. It's emblematic of all of Obama's stupid plays to win over Republicans that went nowhere and really just actively handicapped him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Exhibit 343928 why democrats need to forget about anything "bipartisan" in their work. It's over. Forget the GOP.

This, though, is why I said a couple weeks ago that I always hesitate when I see people start claiming "The race is over!" before election day. You have zero idea what could happen between now and then. Nothing probably happens, but even so. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom