• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Whoa, creepy

CwJCxLmUMAAodtN.jpg

Zukkoyaki

Jesus people, it's one NC poll from a low quality pollster with an absurd number of undecided voters. Let's ignore the barrage of great NC polls from the past week, including landline only and R-partisan polls, along with the fact that both dems ans republicans see the state going blue.

Dierce

does undecided include "i can't endorse any of them" or is it entirely "i want one of these but haven't made my mind up who"?

Undecideds are idiots who cant see what a complete disgrace and unqualified person orange turd is. It says a lot about the individual casting the vote when you can look past a mother fucker that has proven to be racist, sexist and completely ignorant overall.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Undecideds are idiots who cant see what a complete disgrace and unqualified person orange turd is. It says a lot about the individual casting the vote when you can look past a mother fucker that has proven to be racist, sexist and completely ignorant overall.

can you just answer my question without foaming at the mouth mate?

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
The high number of undecided is maddening. What the fuck is wrong with these people. How can they look at mother fucking turd and think that he might be a possible choice. Do we have so many masochists in this country?

People are dumb. So dumb, in fact, that they do not deserve a nuanced analysis of what makes them undecided a week out from election day with an orange bombastic bastard on the ticket. These people are dumb.

That is it.

Dumb.

I really am sick of having to analyze and explain a Trump supporter's position or someone who has been led to believe that the decision between Trump or Clinton is too difficult to make. Their opinion does not deserve a rational, well-thought-out inspection.

PBY

Banned
For the record -

I don't think this anxiety is bad. I think Hill will win, but the fact that Trump even has a puncher's chance is wholly different than 2012. Romney would have been a fine "bad" president, in that he would have fucked over minority groups and the economy could have tanked - but we'd still have a republic.

I totally understand the Trump fears, it seems only normal to me.

Nick RiccardiVerified account
‏@NickRiccardi
Clinton campaign going back on the air in Colorado, where early votes & polls have looked good for them. #copolitics

Wut

Guess they're playing it safe

Teddy SchleiferVerified account
‏@teddyschleifer
Just in: Donald Trump is going on television in the final week in New Mexico & Michigan. It is described as a $25 million buy for final week
HAHA desperate

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

1. Extra money
2. Countering Trump's return

For the record -

I don't think this anxiety is bad. I think Hill will win, but the fact that Trump even has a puncher's chance is wholly different than 2012. Romney would have been a fine "bad" president, in that he would have fucked over minority groups and the economy could have tanked - but we'd still have a republic.

I totally understand the Trump fears, it seems only normal to me.

Exactly. I could have handled a Romney presidency. McCain. Kasich. MAYBE even a Cruz. Maybe.

But Trump is a different story altogether. I don't like the Russia ties. I don't like his tax plan that will all go to the rich. It is scary for me.

faisal233

Perhaps Mr. Silver would like to step forward and explain to the class which of these probabilities for which outcomes is wrong. After all, Mr. Wang's model is open source.

UKmpBQM.png

Of course, he can't. So he shitposts.

The constant model bashing is tiring. Nate's model hedges more and at the end of the day I hope he has it right because he gives Clinton the biggest chance of a blowout.

The most likely scenario in Wang's model is 325 for Clinton. In Nate's its 360.

zLEnLEn.png

If Clinton get's ~360, will Nate get crucified for hedging on Trump, or get called a genius for predicting the right outcome?

Ecotic

Of course emotions will run high in the final stretch of the election. It always does. That's what's so great about American elections. Winner takes all, loser pours Bailey's in their Cheerios. There is no recall election for the President, no 'No Confidence' vote, only a severe crime stops the train for the next 4 years. We either feather the landing with Hillary or we get the extinction level event with Trump.

If Clinton get's ~360, will Nate get crucified for hedging on Trump, or get called a genius for predicting the right outcome?

What kind of statistical torment do you have to do to get that much area under the curve past 280 or so EVs for Trump? No wonder his model % are so nutters.

Dierce

can you just answer my question without foaming at the mouth mate?

If you are undecided on whether to support Clinton then you are allowing this country to be taken over by a tyrannical moron and his cult who have nothing but disdain for other races, cultures and progress.

If you were a Sanders supporter you can forget about any of his ideas ever existing in this country after trump ravages the federal government and makes the population much more apathetic towards democracy.

faisal233

What kind of statistical torment do you have to do to get that much area under the curve past 280 or so EVs for Trump? No wonder his model is nutters.

But it's the same statistical torment that's predicting ~360 for Clinton. Wang barely gives her a chance at 360. If that is the outcome and Nate's model gets it right, is he really wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom