• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

I hope Clinton meets with Obama and tells him TO HIS STUPID FACE that she will never be so stupid as to appoint Republicans to positions. What a complete buffoon President Obama turned out to be.

Blader

The "fuck Comey, he's a partisan who wants Trump to win" comments here and in the other thread don't sit right with me... I think if Comey was a partisan hack looking to place his thumb on the scales, he would've recommended an indictment back in the summer and not spent the next several months being raked over the coals by Congress.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm stunned that the head of the FBI of the most powerful nation on earth purposely made a vague statement like this that ends up plummeting stocks and possibly affects a general election.

In what universe is it ok to do this without being more in detail?

royalan

Fuck all the bullshit about Comey's so called "non-partisan" integrity. You'd have to be an idiot to not think he's playing politics here. He has been this entire time.

Democrats need to come down hard on this. For fuck's sake, a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

sazzy

So wtf is being investigated exactly?

I don't even know anymore.

during some other investigation, unrelated to clinton emails, they have come across clinton emails

they want to investigate these new clinton emails

most politics peeps on twitter are thinking they might have come across these new emails while investigating the podesta email hack

Hazmat

The era of letting someone from the other party hold a major appointed post in government is over. This won't elect Trump, but what if it was close?

jbug617

Banned
Can't believe Hillary got October surprise'd

Wow. This is massive, anyone dismissing this needs to just turn on their TV.

yeah. Every channel will be talking about this. Network news will lead off their show with this news. They will label this the October Surprise.

Chumley

Banned
Fuck all the bullshit about Comey's so called "non-partisan" integrity. You'd have to be an idiot to not think he's playing politics here. He has been this entire time.

Democrats need to come down hard on this. For fuck's sake, a line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Republicans have no line. None. Comey is no different from the rest of them.

TheFatOne

Can't believe Hillary got October surprise'd

Wow. This is massive, anyone dismissing this needs to just turn on their TV.

On the off chance this isn't sarcasm you need to take a break from politics for a while because holy hyperbole batman.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lol October surprise of something thats has been going on forever and not a reopening.

Here's the deal, though. To you, me, and people who actually research things, you're absolutely right.

To Average Joe American Voter, though? You honestly think they're going to take the time to realize this is nothing new? This absolutely DOES have an effect. Probably will be small, but even a small effect created by a partisan statement by the head of our FBI is just insanity.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So back to a 50/50 chance Hillary is indicted tomorrow?

sazzy

OG1pwi.png

Barzul

You know what the media will hype this up but I'm not certain what effect it will have. Negative or Positive...

Zackat

Guys I already cast my ballot. How do I get it back so I can switch to Trump. We gotta keep Killary Clintons emails out of the oval office.

If you were still undecided at this point in the election to the extent that this would change your vote then idk.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The "fuck Comey, he's a partisan who wants Trump to win" comments here and in the other thread don't sit right with me... I think if Comey was a partisan hack looking to place his thumb on the scales, he would've recommended an indictment back in the summer and not spent the next several months being raked over the coals by Congress.

That would have lost him his job, as they had NOTHING to file an indictment on.

Comney's "Press Annoucement" was a total political show for Republicans. This is more of the same.

Jeels

Here's the deal, though. To you, me, and people who actually research things, you're absolutely right.

To Average Joe American Voter, though? You honestly think they're going to take the time to realize this is nothing new? This absolutely DOES have an effect.

This average joe you are talking about doesnt even know the nuances of the Clinton email issues up until now, all they say is "BUT THE EMAILS, CORRUPT". That line of thinking already exists. This isn't going to hit her in the polls until there is actually some legitimate wrongdoing.

Hillary campaign needs to release a statement calling out FBI's fuckery. Absolutely needs to.

No, you need a way lighter touch than that. You need to say "Of course the FBI should look at new information if they found it, but we are confident in the outcome of this just as we were confident of the outcome of the FBI's last thorough investigation."

You second tier surrogates can float the idea that this is political but you can't look like you are playing games with this. It just feeds the cycle.

JohnCornyn‏ @JohnCornyn
Why is FBI doing this just 11 days before the election?

because the GOP is in full scale meltdown nationwide, losing the senate, in serious danger of losing the house and will pull anything to slow it down?

This won't do it, of course- "emails!" has been beaten to death so badly it's basically background noise to the average voter.

I'd lay money on this being a gamble to try to energize the base with the "hillary is a criminal" narrative again, because no one else cares.

No, you need a way lighter touch than that. You need to say "Of course the FBI should look at new information if they found it, but we are confident in the outcome of this just as we were confident of the outcome of the FBI's last thorough investigation."

You second tier surrogates can float the idea that this is political but you can look like you are playing games with this. It just feeds the cycle.

exactly.

Pastry

Banned
Haven't most pollsters conducted their final poll? Or am I wrong?

So theoretically if this were really bad we wouldn't know until Election Day?

Wonder what the probability is that we'll have a surprise indictment next week.

I also wonder why this wasn't dropped before the third debate.

HTupolev

The fact that Comey thought that vague ass statement was acceptable to share, considering how the GOP is, is mind numbling dumb.
It's not a stupid mistake; notice how it's making headlines even though there's nothing? The unknown sounds scary. It's a "clever" thing to use as an October Surprise when you don't actually have anything. This was a deliberately timed attack.

It's interesting that Comey thought to editorialize (unprecedented) the dropping of the probe in the interest of being transparent to the public, yet sends such a vague statement directly to the congressional committee days before the election.

sazzy

well at least the Clinton won't be coasting to election day now...

Clinton and whoever supports her should drop any and all oppo... ASAP

Haven't most pollsters conducted their final poll? Or am I wrong?

So theoretically if this were really bad we wouldn't know until Election Day?

we'll have plenty of early voting stats between now and the election.

Polls matter a lot less than they used to, since we have actual data to use across a lot of states right now.

jmdajr

during some other investigation, unrelated to clinton emails, they have come across clinton emails

they want to investigate these new clinton emails

most politics peeps on twitter are thinking they might have come across these new emails while investigating the podesta email hack

New emails from Hilldawgs illegal server sent to Podesta?

So FBI just wanted EVERYONE to know.

"Hey guys we're gonna look at these. Just to see! We don't don't if it's illegal weapon trade deals, or just more cooking recipes."

thebloo

Not the FBI just one man. Comney.

So just the Director of a government organization, appointed by the sitting POTUS. I still don't think it's a good play.

This would be much better politicking.

You second tier surrogates can float the idea that this is political but you can't look like you are playing games with this. It just feeds the cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom