• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
Fuck the FBI for such a vague statement and fuck the media for reporting on the vague statement as if they know the details. This is so irresponsible.

No.

"Fuck governing" is the head of what SHOULD BE a non-partisan federal body displaying that he is willing to play game for his party. Fuck that.

The handling of everything related to the Email investigation has been highly unusual and borderline unethical even if this weren't an election year involving a Clinton.

Fuck off, Comey.

This has literally never happened before and Comey is caught between two sides who want to use him politically. How many posts were harping on his ashcroft actions or his integrity when he was being attacked by trump

Blader

Is it OK to discuss this email news in OT? I want to make sure PoliGAF hasn't already independently reviewed the information and denounced it as a nothingburger.

Someone already made the thread, so your thunder has unfortunately been stolen.

its usually the same handful of chicken littles though. hard to tell whether it's a bit, or these people are really THAT ridiculous IRL.

I've worried about very little this election season and am usually rolling my eyes at the bedwetting. If more information comes out over the next few days and the story is cleared up, then it won't be a major issue by election day. But the way it is being reported right now is very bad and damaging.

Diablos

Here's what worries me:

The one way that Trump has towards winning this election is depressed turnout on the Democratic side. That's it. The Hillary coalition is much bigger than the Trump coalition, but the Hillary coalition only is bigger if it shows up. And some of those members of the Hillary coalition aren't her biggest fans, but are voting for her because Trump is that bad.

The three times in which Trump's numbers got close to Clinton's were:

1. The first Comey press conference
2. The RNC (these two were sort of together)
3. Hillary almost dying

This speaks directly to the first time, where Comey did his press conference. I do think this is a big deal, though probably less of a big deal because 1. people are voting and 2. it's already sort of baked in.

However, that's not what frightens me. I do think Hillary will win, but depressed turnout on the Democratic side could hurt key Senate races. We can't afford people to be demoralized, and I feel like this does exactly that.
Exactly. I'd be shocked if Hillary loses but this could cost us the Senate.

No, this is literally saying "fuck governing". All or nothing. That's literally incompatable with our system of government. FBI directors have always served through terms. Investigations come. Relax. Remember the beddwetting that she wouldn't even run?

The responses here are insane and trumpian

Clinton is going to win the presidency. The dems likely will win the senate

Do you make your posts with a template? Because the "I don't like this so I'm going to compare it to the Tea Party/Trump" thing you have going is impressive.

With the emails, dunno if this has been posted:

#Florida GE, 5-Way-Race:
Clinton 49% (+14)
Trump 35%
McMullin 4%
Johnson 4%
Stein 2%

#Florida Senate - GE:
Rubio (R) 44% (+5)
Murphy (D) 39%

http://polls.saintleo.edu/clinton-l...ll-and-most-expect-her-to-win-the-presidency/
This poll has been very very pro clinton in the past I think

Do you make your posts with a template? Because the "I don't like this so I'm going to compare it to the Tea Party/Trump" thing you have going is impressive.

No, its because you're guys behavior is a mirror of what I see from them. Its literally the same type of thinking a lot of the times. Its what happens in an echo chamber

spock

While this whole new email bit is going to be the topic of discussion, I just wanted to post an anecdotal update that I was planning to post earlier today but was an unable to. I know their importance may be minimal but to me, hearing local reports is interesting and does provide additional measures of sentiment. Things have been weird here in NH.

Trump was on a down-slide for a bit, but as the election has approached, there is a clear resurgence of support and as well as some minor new support emerging. The big thing I keep hearing in people who I would not have positioned as possible Trump voters, is the whole "everyone is against him", The media has a clear agenda", etc. Yes I know these are not new talking points, Trump and his cohorts have been pushing them for awhile, what is surprising is that more people seem to be buying into it or at least giving it possible validity.

Some additional anecdotal tidbits. This coming from NYC. Talking with some from Brooklyn and Queens, mostly peeps who are African American and Hispanic (Dominican, etc.) the same Trump sentiment regarding the media seems to have made growing headway. It's at least causing the folks I spoke with to ask questions. While some seem to be leaning Trump, most really felt the media situation was shadey and suspect given the amount of negative stories and positioning surrounding Trump. Most of these folks leaned Hillary but it was shaky.

The increased questioning of the media, seems to most def be coming from younger people and those under the age of 40 in both locations. But there were some life long democrats who were 50+ who were surprisingly not decisive about voting Hillary and also started to buy in to the media has an agenda narrative.

Last pretty inconsequential yet interesting tidbit, this from my 7 & 8 year old daughters. We live in a very progressive area of NH and also in a college town. We have a pretty large Hillary campaign HQ minutes away from us. This one area I see and think of us very pro Hillary. Both my girls where talking about some of the discussions in class regarding the election and both candidates , it seems a pretty significant amount of students are pro Trump and anti Hillary.

My older daughter brought it up to me and was surprised because her and her sister dislike Trump quite a bit. Its not like they hear a bunch of anti Trump stuff from me (though I am voting Hillary out of the 2 choices) In fact they have heard some strong pro trump and anti Hillary stuff from the grand parents and cousins. My 7 year old told them Trump is and idiot, which I know the laughed about but probobly blamed on me.

The reason I bring up the children's class sentiment, is that its obviously not reflective of the kids but what they must be hearing at home. Really surprising to me, because as I said this is considered a progressive and "granola" part of NH.

I'm not posting to argue or disagree, just sharing what I'm seeing and hearing while physically talking about the election with others.

Christ that is some vague vagueness for them to announce already. If you don't even know the relevance into the investigation, why even announce it at this point?

Cyanity

Banned
If there is bombshell oppo, now is the time to droppo. If we don't see anything by tomorrow evening then I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there is no oppo.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sam Stein ‏@samsteinhp 4m4 minutes ago

Pete Williams sources also say it isn't going to be a game changer. But will take more than 11 days

SHOCKING NEWS

Sorry--you can't tell me this wasn't a partisan hit job.

Edit: Beaten, but for new page

Slizeezyc

LOLZ, the bedwetting is real. It's good as this is peak GAF so I needed one more dose of this. It went from:

"We're winning Texas!"

"WE'RE FUCKED!"

In less than 24 hours.

Anyway, I voted for Murphy and Clinton (and NO on the sneaky solar amendment) today in Florida. So clearly I was SHOOK by this latest development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom