• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio is terrible, and I don't doubt that Trump has a good chance of winning it.

However, that electorate is 5 points more white than 2012. That makes it more white than 2004. It's possible....but I can't say that I see it.

I'd love to know why some of you are so sure Hillary will win Iowa. The polls have mostly shown Trump up for months, save for right after the convention and right after Pussygate. Also, I live in Iowa and just purely anecdotally speaking there's a lot more support for Trump than there seems to be for Clinton. Not to mention, Iowa is the only state where early voting is down from 2012.

Pyrokai

Seriously depressed right now with the Ohio numbers. I seriously can't believe it swayed solidly red in 4 years and to TRUMP of all people.

Ohio's strong democratic place is gone, and I'm truly depressed about it right now. It makes me want to leave but I don't have any place to go. I kinda blame Kasich right now because outside of few places, the state isn't doing so well, and of course everyone blames it on Obama and not Kasich, who has much more direct impact. The state has also been gerrymandered at both state and federal levels and just......ugh.

Fuck.

Sorry.....this became a bad day for me. My hopes kinda shattered a little bit. Very disappointed in the people here. I guess I should have seen it coming since my hometown, an old democratic stronghold, basically has Trump signs and crap everywhere. It's so disgusting what the media has done to that place. People used to be so nice and caring and now Trumpism has taken over and I'm genuinely afraid to be there as a gay male.

If we don't get Hillary + Senate, I'll definitely enter a deep depression if this is how I react to a single poll :(

I mean, this is not a read, but if we have like 10 polls come out today, and only one of them is bad for us....let's not fixate on the one bad poll!

Looks like PPP did a private poll of MO. The local Dems tweeted out the gov race is Koster +3. No news on Kander yet which isn't overly promising.

CwR7OpEUMAAWfqt.jpg

If Ohio goes for Trump, the Buckeyes are out of the CFP.

No pressure, adam, Floyd, etc.
As long as Michigan doesn't win it all.. I'll survive.

someone on that list is okay with Michigan winning the natty.. and it isn't me

Wasn't Harambe from Ohio?
Yes.. Cincinnati

If Ohio goes for Trump, LeBron also loses his ring.

(Kyrie keeps his.)
Does JR keep his?

...and now I don't know whether I should feel insulted by that!
I'm apparently the Gata of Browns-GAF eBay
except I'm apparently evil and diabolical where as Gata is.. well.. Gata
.. so don't feel too bad.

Isn't Ohio famous for having a river catch on fire?

How do you burn water?
Yes Slayven.. the cuyahoga river.. and it was pollution that caused it

SuperfireCorman

Neo Member
Seriously depressed right now with the Ohio numbers. I seriously can't believe it swayed solidly red in 4 years and to TRUMP of all people.

Ohio's strong democratic place is gone, and I'm truly depressed about it right now. It makes me want to leave but I don't have any place to go. I kinda blame Kasich right now because outside of few places, the state isn't doing so well, and of course everyone blames it on Obama and not Kasich, who has much more direct impact. The state has also been gerrymandered at both state and federal levels and just......ugh.

Fuck.

Sorry.....this became a bad day for me. My hopes kinda shattered a little bit. Very disappointed in the people here. I guess I should have seen it coming since my hometown, an old democratic stronghold, basically has Trump signs and crap everywhere. It's so disgusting what the media has done to that place. People used to be so nice and caring and now Trumpism has taken over and I'm genuinely afraid to be there as a gay male.

If we don't get Hillary + Senate, I'll definitely enter a deep depression if this is how I react to a single poll :(

Don't worry about it too much man, there's still plenty of us good old open minded liberals in Ohio. We just don't stick stupid signs in our yards to show it.

Iolo

I would object, on the basis that I'm still gonna be living in Ohio for at least a couple more years.

Fair game once I get the hell out, though. Probably moving to NC!

Wasn't Harambe from Ohio?

Please no - I live in Ohio. It's bad enough seeing the sea of Trump signs in every yard on the way to my house. My wife and I did our part and have already voted for Dems down the ticket.

What... everyone I meet here is from Ohio?!

mZGwuLR.jpg

I actually like Ohio

It's not that far from me and there's a decent amount of stuff to do as long as you don't mind driving 2 hours between key attractions in the state.

This summer I spent 4 days in Ohio. Went to the Columbus Zoo (probably the best zoo I've been to), a Pokemon convention in Columbus, the Cleveland Zoo and Cedar Point. It was a fun trip, even if those things were often 2 hours of driving away from each other (our hotel was in Columbus)

I actually found more things to do in Ohio than my trip to PA the year before. Ended up just going to Hershey and then down to Maryland because there wasn't anything really to do in PA.

Blader

I'd like to point out that Maggie Hassan has the most pleasing donation-soliciting emails of the campaigns spamming me. First off, she doesn't spam me; I've gotten maybe two emails from them in the last four days. But they're also always "hi ____, welcome to the team, glad to you have working with us!"

Whereas Kander, Murphy, Ross, Masto are constantly stuffing my inbox every two hours with "DESPERATE! OUT OF MONEY! HELP, GOP WINNING!" It's like a bi-hourly injection of PoliGAF's FUCK!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well know who wins later tonight.

The last 8 World Series Game 7s that have happened in an election year have had an interesting pattern.

When the National League team wins, a Democrat won.

When the American League team wins, the Republican won.

If the Indians win tonight, we're screwed.

GhaleonEB

Over 31m early votes tallied so far, 67% of 2012. Notably, the Dem EV lead in Nevada is holding.

NV #earlyvote (in-person and mail) update 11/2: Dem lead narrowing, now +5.4 points. Trump needs to continue this trend thru to Election Day

A problem for Trump is that Reps not really gaining ground in raw votes (just net +381 y'day). Dem lead is +30,601

Also, I heard on NPR this morning that Oregon is running over 45k votes ahead of 2012's pace.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Saw it coming a mile away. Especially in rural areas, most of the Hillary signs I see are "Hillary for Prison". Not joking.

They've fully chugged the Kool-Aid pitcher.

Yup, the number of Hillary for Prison yard signs outnumbers the actual Clinton/Kaine yard signs I've seen where I live. Rural Ohio is a couple of White Genocide billboards away from being Arkansas.

Only reason why I'm still here is that I can't even find a good enough job to enable me to ultimately uproot and move somewhere else. There is no economy. The "you are now stuck in Ohio" joke is true.

We also have really good libraries, for some reason

It depends. My town library has been stocking its nonfiction with Clinton conspiracy books, D'Souza, Coulter, etc. Their copy of Crippled America is never in, but that could just mean that someone stole it and tried to trade it for heroin.

The last 8 World Series Game 7s that have happened in an election year have had an interesting pattern.

Alternately (and significantly more likely), if the Indians win tonight we're breaking a pattern.

It depends. My town library has been stocking its nonfiction with Clinton conspiracy books, D'Souza, Coulter, etc. Their copy of Crippled America is never in, but that could just mean that someone stole it and tried to trade it for heroin.

On the other hand, my town library's gotten a 5-star ranking from Library Journal for the last 8 years in a row
and so has every other library system in Cuyahoga County except for Shaker, those fuckers

Pyrokai

I actually like Ohio

It's not that far from me and there's a decent amount of stuff to do as long as you don't mind driving 2 hours between key attractions in the state.

This summer I spent 4 days in Ohio. Went to the Columbus Zoo (probably the best zoo I've been to), a Pokemon convention in Columbus, the Cleveland Zoo and Cedar Point. It was a fun trip, even if those things were often 2 hours of driving away from each other (our hotel was in Columbus)

I actually found more things to do in Ohio than my trip to PA the year before. Ended up just going to Hershey and then down to Maryland because there wasn't anything really to do in PA.

It was those areas you spent 2 hours in between that are awful. Columbus and Cleveland are awesome. Never been to Cincy, but they just got an awesome streetcar so it can't be that bad!
maybe

Those florida number are encouraging. Remember, all clinton has to do is win florida and it over.

It is depressing for future elections if Ohio goes solid red. Imagine how republican it would be this race if they had someone other than trump running

Debirudog

That's just coincidence. :U

It was those areas you spent 2 hours in between that are awful. Columbus and Cleveland are awesome. Never been to Cincy, but they just got an awesome streetcar so it can't be that bad!
maybe

Dayton and Cincinnati are where Brainiac was born.

Anyone wants to fuck with them best break off a switch and be ready for significant whup.

maybe

It was all farm. They didn't really have any places to use the bathroom. My dad got a ticket from a trooper who was waiting on a downhill bend that suddenly went down 10mph. But Ohio tickets aren't as expensive as NY tickets, so it wasn't too bad.

It was a great trip though. Other than the middle driving parts, which weren't that bad other than being boring (other than the parts where I had to hold it in because there were no bathrooms on the side of the road)

We didn't go to Cincinnati. Given the choice, I'd probably trade the day at the Cleveland zoo for a day in Cinci.

As a kid, Ohio was a regular summer vacation destination. My mom loves the Rock Hall and Sea World used to be there and I liked that as a kid. Cleveland is also only 5-6 hours or so from Rochester, so it wasn't a long drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom