• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're right (and I hope you are), then wouldn't that necessarily bring the House with it? I'm at the point of being pleasantly surprised if Democrats get to 50 in the Senate.
I also expect this to be the first GE in a very long time where ticket-splitting is a huge phenom.

Granted I don't expect much in the way of growth. A total sum of 140 million voters. The "Obama Coalition" relatively untouched, but a huge swath of Rep voters ticking Hillary and voting R downballot.

I expect Hill to win by 11% roughly, but Senate and House Dems to be running as if she's was only about 5% ahead.

Missouri guy here trying to find a reliable poll for Kander smoking Blunt and Koster vs Greitens.

Also, we have a voter ID law on the ballot which will probably unfortunately pass. Would it have to be the MO Supreme Court that would have to strike it down or how does that usually work?

Trump won't win Ohio by 5.

He's going to win it, but it will be by a margin much closer to 2004. Hill has Iowa. It's going to be a squeaker, but she wins it.

Two more will rise to take it's place. Texas and Georgia

We're getting Virginia as a solid blue state and NC as lean blue, Florida getting bluer, with Texas, Georgia, Alaska (lol), and Arizona moving our way in the coming decade.

The big gains in the next few years are looking to be with the Democrats, pretty much entirely thanks to demographics.

They can have Iowa and Ohio if it means we eventually get Texas.

Hey, I'll take these.

RIP Ohio, though. I think we're witnessing the birth of a new red state. Even if she over performs (which I think she will), gaining 5 points is pretty hard.

otoh, Q had about a 1% R lean in 2012 and IIRC it's been somewhat more pronounced this year (though not quite to the degree of, say, CNN/ORC), so it's unlikely that she actually needs to gain 5

Slayven

We're getting Virginia as a solid blue state and NC as lean blue, Florida getting bluer, with Texas, Georgia, Alaska (lol), and Arizona moving our way in the coming decade.

The big gains in the next few years are looking to be with the Democrats, pretty much entirely thanks to demographics.

They can have Iowa and Ohio if it means we eventually get Texas.

Only thing Ohio has of value is Adam

Kind of amazing that North Carolina is now a stronger democratic state than Ohio.

Not really. North Carolina has seen a lot of growth and a lot of young talented people moving into the state. Ohio has seen the opposite: job loss and the youth fleeing the state. Ohio is a completely hopeless state facing massive depression and a drug epidemic.

The town my wife is from was once described as a third-world country by a Starbucks executive. Dems will continue to lose it unless massive reforms come to the state.

Iolo

Would anyone object if we just make Trump president of Ohio? It would have the secondary benefit of making Kasich go apoplectic.

My only problem with this is I sometimes need to drive through Ohio.

Would anyone object if we just make Trump president of Ohio? It would have the secondary benefit of making Kasich go apoplectic.

I would object, on the basis that I'm still gonna be living in Ohio for at least a couple more years.

Fair game once I get the hell out, though. Probably moving to NC!

SuperfireCorman

Neo Member

Please no - I live in Ohio. It's bad enough seeing the sea of Trump signs in every yard on the way to my house. My wife and I did our part and have already voted for Dems down the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom